1/6 Luke & Leia swing bridge Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice! When's the 2nd run happening?

We'll be finishing off this build then we will be making a start on the 1/6 Landspeeder.
We always have a few commissioned builds on the go, however as it stands at the minute we haven't planned on making another run on this piece.
We could always do the odd one off / commission of any of our previous builds for those who really need something building and can't wait for a future run.
Hope this helps buddy?
Jas

I love the v2.0 but even I'm excited to see v3.0 finished & lit up and I designed and built the things ����

Hahaha ! I did in my reply to Peter_B actually type that I too was keen to see how the v3.0 was going to look under some paint but to me it read that I didn't know what I was doing so I deleted it before I posted :rotfl

Truth is both versions will look awesome with either Luke and Leia or a couple of troopers displayed on them but if you have the real estate then the big boy v3.0 just has the edge for visual impact.

Pete

sorry I was just trying to post an image from my Flickr account using the iOS app as it worked on a modelling forum use due to an update that the site had a little while ago. But alas when I tried it here it just posted the code and not the image as you can't select the BB code with the app

I really like Flickr and used to use it a lot to post my pics on forums but they had an update that took away the ability to copy the text on a mobile device ( I'm using an iPad ) and can't use cntrl c to copy.

Photobucket was a pain what with all the ads but it worked. I'm not paying $399 a year for them to allow me to link my pics at least not while I've got almost 1tb of space on Flickr

Pete

1/6 Luke & Leia swing bridge Dio

We'll be finishing off this build then we will be making a start on the 1/6 Landspeeder.
We always have a few commissioned builds on the go, however as it stands at the minute we haven't planned on making another run on this piece.
We could always do the odd one off / commission of any of our previous builds for those who really need something building and can't wait for a future run.
Hope this helps buddy?
Jas

Ah! I thought when you called this one the first batch, that this was a scheduled run and that a second batch was imminent. Thanks for clearing that up.

If a second run does ever happen, I'm in. Thx!

Need a little help here chaps, being all tidy and organised I thought it would be a good idea to reorganise my inbox and now I've lost just one email, it's from one of you guys who has ordered a swing bridge dio who wasn't hanging it on the wall nor displaying it in a Detolf
If you could drop me a quick email please I can do a search and confirm.

I will start to contact the 1st four new owners over the next few days, to confirm versions & finalise any shipping details.

Jas

Looks like Photobucket has started to get rid of my images now :gah:

Any idea how to get more images up chaps?

Will continue to post images on my Twitter feed until I get things up and running again will still post updates here :wink1:

Yes Photobucket has definitely screwed the pooch this time, years worth of my work has been replaced with the ransom notice on loads of different sites and although I still have most of the original images there is just now way I can rehost and re-link all of those images, not just because of the time involved but also because many forums won't allow you to edit posts after a period of time.

But such is life I just need now to find another way to get pics posted.

Which brings me nicely to the reason I'm posting right now.

I didn't get as much done over the weekend due to a wife related garage and cellar clear out ( I'll say no more other than it was a major ball ache ) but I'm back in the saddle and just want to post a couple of pics so you can see I'm not fibbing.

I'm using the Flickr for iOS app and it won't allow me to copy the BB code so I apologies but you will need to click the link to see them.

Doors are painted and shading is going on, I put them in a line so you can see how much difference it makes. It's intentionally a heavy contrast as I think they would look too flat if I didn't do it this way
https://flic.kr/p/WjuUJC

And one a little closer up.
I'm gradually building up the look I want a bit at a time and will post some more pics tomorrow I'll have these pretty ready for finishing touches by the weekend I reckon
https://flic.kr/p/WjuXCU

Pete

Yes Photobucket has definitely screwed the pooch this time, years worth of my work has been replaced with the ransom notice on loads of different sites and although I still have most of the original images there is just now way I can rehost and re-link all of those images, not just because of the time involved but also because many forums won't allow you to edit posts after a period of time.

But such is life I just need now to find another way to get pics posted.

Which brings me nicely to the reason I'm posting right now.

I didn't get as much done over the weekend due to a wife related garage and cellar clear out ( I'll say no more other than it was a major ball ache ) but I'm back in the saddle and just want to post a couple of pics so you can see I'm not fibbing.

I'm using the Flickr for iOS app and it won't allow me to copy the BB code so I apologies but you will need to click the link to see them.

Doors are painted and shading is going on, I put them in a line so you can see how much difference it makes. It's intentionally a heavy contrast as I think they would look too flat if I didn't do it this way
https://flic.kr/p/WjuUJC

And one a little closer up.
I'm gradually building up the look I want a bit at a time and will post some more pics tomorrow I'll have these pretty ready for finishing touches by the weekend I reckon
https://flic.kr/p/WjuXCU

Pete
Both links redirected me to a blank page using the Tapatalk app. 😕

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sorry Peter,

Don't why the links don't work with tapatalk but I've just made an account with use.com and will see if this works

That seems to have worked, I'll have a play later when I've got a bit more time and try and figure it out properly but at least I've got a way now to post pics directly

Pete

another quick update

All shaded on the doors now, and starting to darken the outside face a little bit, I didn't do this on the prototype but I remember War-Gar posting a pick a while back and It showed I could afford to make it a bit darker.
Still just the beginnings at the moment and I've only done the right hand side of the v3.0 so far as holding the airbrush for long periods gives me cramp lol so taking a break and having a cup of coffee before I get back to it.

Also just wanted to say I'm not posting these for "attaboys" although any that come my way are very appreciated :D
It's really more so those who are waiting can see that things are moving along as I know myself what it's like when you are waiting on something and everything goes quiet

Pete

Back