1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see a lot of great Indy’s here that are not made with super expensive stuff, re-purposing older sculpts and older 1/6th scale outfits. The real question is is:

Is what you are putting together capturing the spirit of what is Indiana Jones, and a lot of people do that amazingly well regardless of budget[emoji106][emoji2532]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much longer can it be for Hot Toys to re-DX Indy like Jack Sparrow?? It's got to be close, he's Disney now too.

:panic:

At least this is what I keep telling myself every night to help me go to sleep since passing on these clothing runs.

I'd love to see one, and though the standard raiders figure would be preferable, I'd just as happily welcome a crystal skull, last crusade or temple of doom figure.

It would be great to see a new headsculpt from them, it would have the potential to be the best available. It would also be great to see a more up to date take on his whole outfit and accessories. My fingers are firmly crossed that the new film will still happen (I have my doubts) and that might kick start some interest for hot toys to respond to.

Thanks davejames. How did you go about shortening and widening his bugle? I would be too worried in case I chopped it off.

ZedBelkon is right. It is expensive. Thankfully I only have to get a few more things and then I will be done with my Indy collection, providing a new head sculpt does not come out that is!

Well said faststreetsofhongkong. I think you can capture the spirit on a budget. You just need a bit of imagination. I think it would be pretty boring if everyone had the same sculpt with the exact same clothing on him.

I see a lot of great Indy’s here that are not made with super expensive stuff, re-purposing older sculpts and older 1/6th scale outfits. The real question is is:

Is what you are putting together capturing the spirit of what is Indiana Jones, and a lot of people do that amazingly well regardless of budget[emoji106][emoji2532]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree with you. We have maybe all got caught up on the search for absolute perfection. It can be a fun pursuit.....can get a little obsessive.

I have an Indy with the best gear I could get on him (way more than I ever thought I'd spend on a figure.....but it's Indy!).....and I have an Indy that is a mash up of hot toys and sideshow parts that I have customised, cut up, painted and generally tinkered with.

Truthfully, I've had much more fun with the one I've customised and think I prefer it over the figure I've thrown a lot of money at, despite its glaring inaccuracies! I just enjoyed the ride.

The most fun I get out of 1/6 figures is the tinkering I think.

Totally agree with you. We have maybe all got caught up on the search for absolute perfection. It can be a fun pursuit.....can get a little obsessive.

I have an Indy with the best gear I could get on him (way more than I ever thought I'd spend on a figure.....but it's Indy!).....and I have an Indy that is a mash up of hot toys and sideshow parts that I have customised, cut up, painted and generally tinkered with.

Truthfully, I've had much more fun with the one I've customised and think I prefer it over the figure I've thrown a lot of money at, despite its glaring inaccuracies! I just enjoyed the ride.

The most fun I get out of 1/6 figures is the tinkering I think.

100% this. It's great to tinker. To add that personal touch to your figures is important I think. I'm not the best painter in the world but just knowing that I painted a custom makes it matter more to me.

Look at what arnie had made. 1/4 scale web belt for his indy. The second image is the real belt next to 1/4th next to 1/6th. Definitely amazing. 46327366_1085116118333810_7896852820341555200_o.jpg46351717_1085126708332751_2932723452051718144_o.jpg

I'd love to see one, and though the standard raiders figure would be preferable, I'd just as happily welcome a crystal skull, last crusade or temple of doom figure.

It would be great to see a new headsculpt from them, it would have the potential to be the best available. It would also be great to see a more up to date take on his whole outfit and accessories. My fingers are firmly crossed that the new film will still happen (I have my doubts) and that might kick start some interest for hot toys to respond to.

Yeah as much as I hate KOTCS, I would still really love an old HT Indy in my collection, assuming the next movie is any good (or at least more respectable. Lol)

Thanks davejames. How did you go about shortening and widening his bugle? I would be too worried in case I chopped it off.

ZedBelkon is right. It is expensive. Thankfully I only have to get a few more things and then I will be done with my Indy collection, providing a new head sculpt does not come out that is!

Well said faststreetsofhongkong. I think you can capture the spirit on a budget. You just need a bit of imagination. I think it would be pretty boring if everyone had the same sculpt with the exact same clothing on him.

I shortenened the bottom with a file, and then used Magic Sculpt to slightly widen the bridge of the nose and nostrils. Basically to just make it look more like the nose on his original Han sculpt.

Thanks for that info. I was considering using modelling clay on my old Indy to give him a bigger hooter and fatten his face a bit.

Back