1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These lists point up the reality that, despite multiple "near miss" commercially released 1/6 figs - sadly Indy is one of the most expensive and difficult custom figures to get looking great - between custom headsculpts, the top-tier paint, $$$ custom jacket, $$ shirt and pants (the pants are much tougher o get right than most realize) custom boots, custom belt/holster (very tough to get right - buckle scale, look of holster etc) getting the fedora to look just right with most being too big/small or wrongly shaped etc. (not to mention the trickle of "new/improved" versions in each of these categories you feel the need to grab.)

You are really, really lucky if you can get a truly superb looking Indy for under $500.

Imagine the dream of a smaller 1/6 company nailing every aspect and offering the figure for $250-300.:lol

Honestly, I'm thrilled we have all the custom clothing options, but I still think the money is best spent on a good custom sculpt and a top painter, that to me is the biggest difference maker. I was able to get a figure I would have been happy with out of the HT outfit for Raiders and SS for TOD.

That said, the quest for better is unrelenting and Indy is now far and away my most expensive figure. Also my favorite.

Indeed. Here is a picture of my first 1:6 Indy (The Stock Sideshow Raiders) to now.

Well over $1I put into this figure...might actually be pushing $1500 now.

But alas, After I get the V3 from Inigo painted up. I'll be finishing up my 5th and final Indy.

Pretty much what you see here with the V2 replaced with the V3. And I'm officially wrapping it up with Indy. I feel I'll be pretty happy with these five in my collection. 2-3 of which will be very solid Custom Indys.

Time to spread the love on some other figures. Going to start work on a CotBP Jack Sparrow hopefully soon.

It's been a great adventure! 20200214_065715.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Indeed. Here is a picture of my first 1:6 Indy (The Stock Sideshow Raiders) to now.

Well over $1I put into this figure...might actually be pushing $1500 now.

But alas, After I get the V3 from Inigo painted up. I'll be finishing up my 5th and final Indy.

Pretty much what you see here with the V2 replaced with the V3. And I'm officially wrapping it up with Indy. I feel I'll be pretty happy with these five in my collection. 2-3 of which will be very solid Custom Indys.

Time to spread the love on some other figures. Going to start work on a CotBP Jack Sparrow hopefully soon.

It's been a great adventure! View attachment 478902

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

...and Trevor's original sculpt was quite awesome...just hidden under SS sub par paints.

...and Trevor's original sculpt was quite awesome...just hidden under SS sub par paints.

Too right. I have repainted a lot of these now and I think it is my favourite of the sculpts, alongside the shrunken MJ Choi.

Attachments

• 20200210_154319-1-1.jpg
    20200210_154319-1-1.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 20200212_153234-1.jpg
    20200212_153234-1.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 118
Here is my custom Indy with the Treasure Hunter sculpt, I repainted, and the Yunsil jacket.

Attachments

• 20200212_143815-1.jpg
    20200212_143815-1.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 20200211_154109-1.jpg
    20200211_154109-1.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 120
aaef77822c9b2c1c4a31aa6476ad813a.jpg

Got the Iris set in and have put it on my Indy I still need to do some light weathering but over all a nice clothing set. The jacket and shirt in particular are very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely. I'm currently working on repainting that head and I can't wait to show it. It's even better than the TOD sculpt!

Hey gang, I know some folks swapped out the MJ Choi hat since it was a bit small for the head, does anyone have just that original hat available? I'm interesting in using it for a custom I'm working on.

As a reminder of the sculpt I'm talking about, here's a pic of a paint-up by the talented Paul Prentice.
C3N7hFkW8AAHd8D

Is that the original MJ Choi head, the larger one? I don't think anyone made a larger version of an Indy hat, and the hat that Choi originally made was too small for his own headsculpt (as you can see above)... that's why it was reduced.

I seem to recall people trying different hats (Inigo one at least) with the original Choi sculpt before the sculpt itself was tweaked. Does the resized head use the same hat?

No, resized head uses a specific Inigo v3 Indy hat (I believe the v3 in this instance is strictly for the hat -- I guess he made 3 variants).

To my knowledge, no hat available ever worked/fit on the original MJ except the original MJ hat which was too small to start.

No, resized head uses a specific Inigo v3 Indy hat (I believe the v3 in this instance is strictly for the hat -- I guess he made 3 variants).

To my knowledge, no hat available ever worked/fit on the original MJ except the original MJ hat which was too small to start.

Aha, well that will make coming across one difficult/impossible.

Aha, well that will make coming across one difficult/impossible.

And un-needed.

You really should just make a hat larger. Several people have done it over the years. Raised the crown. Once you get the head, try several hats on and see which one will take the least amount of work to enlarge/raise.

HT hat might fit because its flexible... but the larger head may misshapen the hat.

And un-needed.

You really should just make a hat larger. Several people have done it over the years. Raised the crown. Once you get the head, try several hats on and see which one will take the least amount of work to enlarge/raise.

HT hat might fit because its flexible... but the larger head may misshapen the hat.

It's actually for the smaller TOD sculpt, saw some decent results with that hat. Have the Hot Toys, but not crazy about the rubber look it has, though it's convenient for various sculpts since it's got some give. I have a Jnix hat coming that might work too -- I still haven't fully given up on that TOD sculpt despite it's size.

Back