1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those boots look amazing. Too bad that you'll be replacing them in a couple of years when the newest super-dee-duper boots are then available. The never-ending cycle with 1/6th scaled Indiana Jones... :monkey2

Merek is a good guy and is good about making sure stuff gets done. It's a fun group to be part of. Which clothing run are you on ? The siberian Last Crusade or Raiders run?
Yup, I’m on the Siberian raiders run :hi5:
Those boots look amazing. Too bad that you'll be replacing them in a couple of years when the newest super-dee-duper boots are then available. The never-ending cycle with 1/6th scaled Indiana Jones... :monkey2
haha not for me thankfully. These will be good enough, and fingers crossed that the Siberian Customs Raiders suit will also be enough. I’m sort of already exhausted by all the different headsculpts. Not in a negative way, it’s just too much for me. I’m hoping to just get a painted one by Stian whenever that’s ready and call it a day for Raiders 😅 Then get a gun belt and whip from Vigilante Customs to be pretty much done with Indy unless InArt happens to make one.

I just want 2 Indy’s - a Raiders for the full gear look and a ToD with the torn shirt and pants look. Once those are complete, I’ll be done as far as Indy is concerned in my collection. Indy is one of those characters where I’m not searching for perfection thankfully. Something that’s above average, looks great on the shelf and gets it mostly right is good enough for me.

Yup, I’m on the Siberian raiders run :hi5:

haha not for me thankfully. These will be good enough, and fingers crossed that the Siberian Customs Raiders suit will also be enough. I’m sort of already exhausted by all the different headsculpts. Not in a negative way, it’s just too much for me. I’m hoping to just get a painted one by Stian whenever that’s ready and call it a day for Raiders 😅 Then get a gun belt and whip from Vigilante Customs to be pretty much done with Indy unless InArt happens to make one.

I just want 2 Indy’s - a Raiders for the full gear look and a ToD with the torn shirt and pants look. Once those are complete, I’ll be done as far as Indy is concerned in my collection. Indy is one of those characters where I’m not searching for perfection thankfully. Something that’s above average, looks great on the shelf and gets it mostly right is good enough for me.

I agree 100% with you. Raiders Indy and ToD Indy are the only ones that I want or need. My current Raiders Indy has been an ongoing 20+ year project. It has been fun for a long time but I'm at the point that I'm fine with the current iteration, even if not a perfect rendition.

To be honest, in a general sense, I'm getting closer and closer to burn-out with this hobby, in general.

I agree 100% with you. Raiders Indy and ToD Indy are the only ones that I want or need. My current Raiders Indy has been an ongoing 20+ year project. It has been fun for a long time but I'm at the point that I'm fine with the current iteration, even if not a perfect rendition.

To be honest, in a general sense, I'm getting closer and closer to burn-out with this hobby, in general.
Same actually. It's sort of why I've been trying to sell off a lot of my collection (sold about 31 to date with a little over 50 left on my list still to sell). But, I'd also like some real quality items of characters I genuinely love which is leaning towards being a collection of mostly InArt and custom pieces with some HT SW sprinkled in. Not saying I'd be completely out, b/c I think there will probably always be a little something that comes out that I may want, but becoming more and more selective as time continues to go on.

But InArt is here, to rescue you.

Unfortunately, InArt has passed my wallet's pain threshold. I've got Aragorn pre-ordered but passed on the Joker and Gandalf, which should have been easy orders for my TDK and LOTR collections but I am just not interested in paying so much for either.

Same actually. It's sort of why I've been trying to sell off a lot of my collection (sold about 31 to date with a little over 50 left on my list still to sell). But, I'd also like some real quality items of characters I genuinely love which is leaning towards being a collection of mostly InArt and custom pieces with some HT SW sprinkled in. Not saying I'd be completely out, b/c I think there will probably always be a little something that comes out that I may want, but becoming more and more selective as time continues to go on.

I totally understand limiting to just selective characters and I've been considering another "purge" to the collection. My problem is that I've been pretty selective since the get-go, so it isn't easy selling off most of the figures.

One last thing - I love having figures from different franchises/films. It would definitely be easier to limit myself to just LOTR or Star Wars but there is something special about some of these 3rd party one-offs, especially knowing that they most likely will never be revisited again. Take "Immorten Joe" from "Fury Road", "Johnny Rico" of "Starship Troopers" and "Jack Harper" of "Oblivion", for example. Those one-offs may be the only version of that character ever made, while the more popular character will certainly have multiple renditions done in perpetuity.

Sorry to derail our special Indy thread.

Hey everyone! Wanted to share a good old Inigo v3 head I finally got the chance to paint up this past week. I shared over at the Facebook group but not sure who all is over there. This was painted as a commission for another collector. Really happy how it turned out! Cant decide if I prefer yixie or Inigo now…

Attachments

• Inigo Indy Nick Edit v2-09.jpeg
    Inigo Indy Nick Edit v2-09.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Inigo Indy Nick Edit v2-07.jpeg
    Inigo Indy Nick Edit v2-07.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Inigo Indy Nick Edit v2-13.jpeg
    Inigo Indy Nick Edit v2-13.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Inigo Indy Nick Edit v2-12.jpeg
    Inigo Indy Nick Edit v2-12.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • Inigo Indy Nick Edit v2-03.jpeg
    Inigo Indy Nick Edit v2-03.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Greetings All,
For those who have swapped out bodies on the Present Toys Indy, how have you removed his boots? They are SUPER tight and I broke a foot peg off on one then stopped. I thought of warm water or hair dryer but because of the boot material and laces there might be other considerations. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thankis to everyone who has shared their customizations. Amazing and inspiring!

Cheers!

I had the same issue with boots. I bought the figure parted out and had to reassemble. I could not get the boots on the leg pegs. For fear of breaking the pegs off I just put some feet on instead and got replacement lace-up boots for feet (DiD sergeant Horvath boots). The feet were a bit loose but the lace up boots hold everything in place.

DSC_0004.JPG

Such a shame they didn't go for classic Indy. And do I see 2012's boots there!

Real leather jacket though!
FB_IMG_1687930709443.jpg

Last edited:
Back