1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The jacket has never looked very long to me in Raiders, and personally I think that looked a whole lot better on him than the longer and looser TOD jacket. I think maybe a 1/4 inch longer than the HT jacket is the most I'd want to see.

Yeah you can see in this first shot that he's a bit hunched over, but the back of the jacket still doesn't look that long here:

View attachment 438039

View attachment 438040

Not sure which one this is, but the length on this previous custom looks perfectly good to me. And I wouldn't want to see it any longer than that-- ending right between his belt and crotch.

View attachment 438041

Well that first picture, the jacket is bunched up over the holster. Watch the scene.

That 2nd shot is a perfect example of the length. I'm not talking trench coat here guys. :lol But its clearly a longer style jacket where the length is nearly -- nearly -- as long as the sleeves. That picture shows it well.

The jacket on Marf's figure in the last shot is a little too short despite being a great looking Indy.

EDIT: Here, perhaps this shows it better with just a fast photoshop comp...

comp jacket length 12-29-18.jpg

Last edited:
The real problem with trying to judge the jacket, is that it depends on where his pants are pulled up to at that moment. But I do think this picture is the most accurate representation.
This conversation has been going around and round for years about how the jacket always looks too short on the figures, someone should just offer to separate lengths, to each their own...

7b3e761773351881ab40947ed02ae29f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all honesty i asked Iris if she can do five sets in a long length and the other five in a short or regular length. She said no as all sets have to be the same because it will take to much work. She would have to refit and measurements would be different.

Luis, don't take all this to heart, we're just discussing the jacket... not your project. Don't make Iris crazy. She'll make it the way she wants anyway.

You can make an astounding Indy figure with almost any jacket, it has been proven here by many talented bashers/customizers. I mean, a couple guys here made the Sideshow jacket look great.

I really don't get into minutia very often as I have many customs that are all sorts of wrong, but Indy's jacket is an OCD pet peeve of mine. Indiana Jones is just such an important character to me is all.

The jacket has never looked very long to me in Raiders, and personally I think that looked a whole lot better on him than the longer and looser TOD jacket. I think maybe a 1/4 inch longer than the HT jacket is the most I'd want to see.

Yeah you can see in this first shot that he's a bit hunched over, but the back of the jacket still doesn't look that long here:

View attachment 438039

View attachment 438040

Not sure which one this is, but the length on this previous custom looks perfectly good to me. And I wouldn't want to see it any longer than that-- ending right between his belt and crotch.

View attachment 438041

That pic for me is still the best custom Indy. It looks like he has stepped right off the screen.

As for the jacket the fact it is oversized on Harrison Ford has to play a part as well. Does anyone know what his exact measurements were in Raiders and that of the jacket? Any 1/6 jacket would need to be slightly oversized to get that same look on the figure, depending on the head and body you use etc, in my opinion.

That pic for me is still the best custom Indy. It looks like he has stepped right off the screen.

As for the jacket the fact it is oversized on Harrison Ford has to play a part as well. Does anyone know what his exact measurements were in Raiders and that of the jacket? Any 1/6 jacket would need to be slightly oversized to get that same look on the figure, depending on the head and body you use etc, in my opinion.

I agree with you. The jacket must be oversized, he has to basically be swimming in it for it to look appropriate for Raiders.

Problem is, an oversized jacket simply won't hang like a 1/1 jacket. The "leather" will never be thin enough and the weight will never pull it down in the right ways.

Best bet would be to stretch a tailored jacket on the body you're using so it 'molds' to shape in the right way. But that's a long, skilled and risky proposition best left to only the best customizers. And it might not even work as imagined.

I don't think it would be too big a problem Wor-Gar. No pun intended. Assuming the leather was not too thick which is a trick in itself, the holster and satchel under the jacket could help bunch it up a bit. The collar would spread and the sleeves would wrinkle right up like they do in the movie. I have a sovereign studio jacket I was lucky enough to pick up previously and the sleeves are huge. I tucked them up a bit and now the jacket looks great complete with the wrinkles. It does not fit to snugly on my custom which I think is the key.

Here is a picture of my spare Indy with the jacket and my repainted Treasure Hunter sculpt and MJ Choi hat.

Attachments

• 20181230_202245-1.jpg
    20181230_202245-1.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 100
Luis, don't take all this to heart, we're just discussing the jacket... not your project. Don't make Iris crazy. She'll make it the way she wants anyway.

You can make an astounding Indy figure with almost any jacket, it has been proven here by many talented bashers/customizers. I mean, a couple guys here made the Sideshow jacket look great.

I really don't get into minutia very often as I have many customs that are all sorts of wrong, but Indy's jacket is an OCD pet peeve of mine. Indiana Jones is just such an important character to me is all.
For me also bro Indy is important to me. I want to make sure I'm satisfied with it. I probably will stop sending references and continue to tell her. The more restrictions an artist has to creativity the quality of the art won't be as good. I know by just providing images she can knock it out. Plus i imagine she will do her research and give us something good.

Absolutely superb Rzeznikk. You have given me a few ideas for my collection for sure.
Thanks and glad I could help :)
Nice!

One thing I noticed about Luisenigma's pics is how thin the leather on those jackets is. I've never really seen that mimicked in 1/6 except for the SSC jacket. It might not be totally accurate, but, to me it looks just right for the scale.
Thanks. I agree it seems hard to replicate that look on the jackets.
Wow, looks awesome

Great work [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Thanks. I think I'm still going to add a few more shades darker on the collar and by the button area to get it to appear more "wet". Just haven't had the time over the weekend. But I am feeling a lot happier with him now than how clean he was before.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks and glad I could help :)Thanks. I agree it seems hard to replicate that look on the jackets. Thanks. I think I'm still going to add a few more shades darker on the collar and by the button area to get it to appear more "wet". Just haven't had the time over the weekend. But I am feeling a lot happier with him now than how clean he was before.

How do you create the wet look on the shirt? Thx

How do you create the wet look on the shirt? Thx
I use water and while wet I use pastels and brush them into the clothing. I use a mix of browns and grays.

You can use rubbing alcohol too, but that dries faster and Im not as quick with the brush applying it. So water seems to work better for me.

May be a dumb question but instead of trying to get a leather material to look, fold and wrinkle at 1/6 scale they way it does at 1/1, has anyone tried to source a thinner fabric or vinyl that has a good leather look to it?

Even if it close, once it’s weathered it may be difficult to tell the difference from a distance.

May be a dumb question but instead of trying to get a leather material to look, fold and wrinkle at 1/6 scale they way it does at 1/1, has anyone tried to source a thinner fabric or vinyl that has a good leather look to it?

Even if it close, once it’s weathered it may be difficult to tell the difference from a distance.

That's the Yunsil jacket. It's not leather and is a very thin material. Weathered up you can't tell and it replicates the 1/1 very well in 1/6 scale.

Back