1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curiosity: how much cost this amazing peace?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk
He was selling this completed prototype for $400 actually he said the final one will be better and different. And that one costs $800

That's got to be more than you'd pay for a 1/1 Wested jacket. I know they're custom, but, really!?

£200 for a Wested jacket.

It's nice, but im yet to be convinced that real leather works at this scale, it's just not thin and wrinkled enough to emulate the real raiders jacket. It's only the Yunsil jacket that I've seen that can replicate that closely.....I would rather have genuine leather, but does a leather thin enough to translate exist?

But I appreciate that it's a prototype. It would suit a last crusade indy better than a raiders indy at this stage.

With a little wetting of the leather and forcing of the wrinkles (especially the sleeves), you can definitely achieve that trademark "Raiders" look with real leather, especially Kato's. I recently did it to my "old" Kato Indy set and it looks great.

£200 for a Wested jacket.

It's nice, but im yet to be convinced that real leather works at this scale, it's just not thin and wrinkled enough to emulate the real raiders jacket. It's only the Yunsil jacket that I've seen that can replicate that closely.....I would rather have genuine leather, but does a leather thin enough to translate exist?

But I appreciate that it's a prototype. It would suit a last crusade indy better than a raiders indy at this stage.
That's my feeling also. It does look nice. Really nice. But not $800 nice. And like you said it doesn't give that realistic wrinkle effect like the Yunsil can achieve. But again I haven't seen anyone weather is and add the wrinkles to the Kato jacket yet. Would it be achievable? I dunno.

Either way I'm happy with my Yunsil weathered and wrinkled by Jacob. And I'm even happier that it didn't cost me $800. Screenshot_20181228-160552_Instagram.jpegScreenshot_20181228-160616_Instagram.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

With a little wetting of the leather and forcing of the wrinkles (especially the sleeves), you can definitely achieve that trademark "Raiders" look with real leather, especially Kato's. I recently did it to my "old" Kato Indy set and it looks great.
That's good to hear. Maybe the reason we don't see this very often is people are afraid they'll ruin it?

I know I was worried messing with my Yunsil jacket [emoji23][emoji23]

You can see the sleeve wrinkle here. I just lightly sprayed the surface of the sleeves with water and pushed them up to create the wrinkles. Ruined? Most definitely not. Leather is tough stuff. At this scale, it can be a little difficult to get as many wrinkles as one might like. I'm sure if I really wanted to I could get more wrinkling in the sleeves if I tried. The thickness of Kato's jacket (at least mine) works with the size of the MJ Choi head in my opinion.
GEDC1536copy.jpg

That's my feeling also. It does look nice. Really nice. But not $800 nice. And like you said it doesn't give that realistic wrinkle effect like the Yunsil can achieve. But again I haven't seen anyone weather is and add the wrinkles to the Kato jacket yet. Would it be achievable? I dunno.

Either way I'm happy with my Yunsil weathered and wrinkled by Jacob. And I'm even happier that it didn't cost me $800. View attachment 437887View attachment 437888

If Yunsil did a longer version jacket, I'd be in for a 2nd run of just the jacket.

My DX05 boots started cracking down, sadly. Anyone has the SS TOD boots for sale please let me know. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can see the sleeve wrinkle here. I just lightly sprayed the surface of the sleeves with water and pushed them up to create the wrinkles. Ruined? Most definitely not. Leather is tough stuff. At this scale, it can be a little difficult to get as many wrinkles as one might like. I'm sure if I really wanted to I could get more wrinkling in the sleeves if I tried. The thickness of Kato's jacket (at least mine) works with the size of the MJ Choi head in my opinion.
View attachment 437893

Looks awesome Mr. E.

Your TOD Indy is absolutely filthy. Great job on that Rzeznikk.

Though Kato's Jacket is overpriced it's amazing. I'm working hard with Iris to get the jacket right. I actually found some images that shows the difference between the standard raiders jacket and the stuntman version known as the hero jacket. I believe that's the version everyone has been asking for. hero-vs-raiders-2.jpghero-vs-raiders-3.jpgpocket-2.jpgfacing-2.jpgcollar.jpg

I just have a standard Wested jacket and one custom that has the silver zip, scalloped pockets, and is slightly longer than the standard version. They used to have it on their website that the best option in their opinion is to choose a custom standard (if that makes any sense!) jacket with all the features of the Hero version as the Hero does not always look right on everyone. I believe the collar is supposed to sit a lot higher and back on the Hero jacket.

Back