1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what kind of dye though???

I used the Rit Color Remover which made the shirt look a lot better, got rid of the over the top two tone.

I can't say enough good things about Jake Rahmier and his work. I'll be posting my Indy with his paintwork soon...

That speed video is excellent, thanks for posting it, Rzeznikk. I wish I could do custom work like that... and that fast. :)

Can't wait to see it! What sculpt?

Indy 10.jpg

So I'm going back a few pages here, but THIS is one of the best looking Raiders bashes I've seen here... Incredible job!!

Some questions -

How did you get the collar on that stock DX05 shirt to sit lower on the neck and look less ridiculously oversized?

Are there any tips on removing the lining from the DX05 jacket and have you glued the jacket collar down as well?

How did you do that fantastic weathering job on the jacket? It looks absolutely perfect!!

:duff

Thanks monkeyjedi.

I don't actually have this head on this body at the moment (got an inigo v2 on there).

As for customisation on this one.....

DX05 shirt - first I removed the oversized buttons all over the shirt and replaced them with tiny studs, more like the buttons used on the sideshow temple of doom indy. Then I glued the collar down to stop it flaring out. I then wet the shirt, and sort of pushed/scrunched the collars down, this reduced the size too.

DX05 Jacket - cut the lining out. Fairly easy to do, just make an incision and start cutting....I just left thin bits of the lining in place where it was stitched to the jacket. The majority of the lining isn't fixed to the jacket and can be easily removed. I then just used a brown acrylic paint for the weathering. Using a technique called drybrushing, just add the paint around the various seams on the jacket. Build it up to the level of wear you like. I have two dx05 jackets done this way.....this one is the most "worn". For the sleeves, I wrinkled the jacket right up the arm, then dry brushed onto it, when the sleeve is straightened back out you get the crease/lines effect. The collars are glued down on the jacket (wish I could bring myself to do that on my Yunsil jacket.....it bugs me so much).

Sideshow shoes......from their old Indy figure. I just painted them up with extra mud and dirt.

DX05 trousers - dry brushed some brown onto the bottom of the trousers.

His holster needs to be weathered, far too clean here. This is the Yunsil holster and i'm not altering that set, on my "ultimate" Indy I'm using an mFisher rig, holster and whip.

The whip on the pictured figure is one I made myself out of a lace and the handle off a broken TOD whip that I had.

Hope that's of some use!

Thanks Wor-Gar now I got to get my ultimate indy sculpt painted for sure. Yours looks amazing I'm assuming that's the HT shirt changed in color.

I was thinking maybe Kato for the shirt.

Amazing Indy, Wor. Now I know why you're so patient looking for a replacement jacket. That one looks solid. :clap

I was thinking maybe Kato for the shirt.

Amazing Indy, Wor. Now I know why you're so patient looking for a replacement jacket. That one looks solid. :clap
I actually just realized a moment ago that it is a kato. The look is to good to be a modded HT shirt. Also TonTon is the rit dye remover powder? I found a dozen ones and don't know.

I actually just realized a moment ago that it is a kato. The look is to good to be a modded HT shirt. Also TonTon is the rit dye remover powder? I found a dozen ones and don't know.

Yeah, the one I used is powder and you leave the shirt in a bowl for 30 minutes or something and then rinse extensively. I'm sure then dying with some light gray would help too, but I haven't gotten there yet. Here's my HT shirt after using that plus adding the smaller buttons.

attachment.php

Yeah, the one I used is powder and you leave the shirt in a bowl for 30 minutes or something and then rinse extensively. I'm sure then dying with some light gray would help too, but I haven't gotten there yet. Here's my HT shirt after using that plus adding the smaller buttons.

attachment.php
Yeah definitely need to get that and pearl grey dye and fix it up.

If I get a chance I now have an unaltered Hot Toys shirt too (though I think there was some wide variance in the shirts) and I’ll take a comparison shot.

It's the mj choi sculpt shrunken a bit to be in the proper size. With the inigou v2 hat. I know as I have one and its the ultimate indy sculpt imo.

Back