1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You reminded me of what I did with felt tip pen parts when I needed a neck extension for my old Indy. At the time, I was using a Soldier Story body and it had a neck peg with a cone on the end. I used this bit of the pen:

I cut the ribbed bit off the end and glued it over the cone, that gave me the height I needed, though I can see how the bit you suggested would work.

The problem I initially had was that I'd swapped the neck plug over and put it into the left hand Indy to use with the DX05 head. Now it's in the SS body I can't get it out!

So I had to find a method of attaching the new head to the DX05 that was more secure than just using the white tack. Pushing the head down onto the neck was no good because it's a shorter neck than the SS. He looked like a munchkin. Using the pen top meant I was able to adjust the height until it looked right.

They look great, man... I'm diggin' left Indy most...

Right Indy looks a little like he's been eating peanuts and his face has swelled up... It's just the photo, I'm sure... The recast has issues but is essentially a winner...

Thanks!

Yes, right hand Indy doesn't look good there from that angle.

26946929953_1878aca3d1_o.jpg

27555345275_ae893bae9b_o.jpg

His eyes also look weird under flash, and the face seems more natural under the shadow of the hat. As I posted earlier, I could only fake that in the photo by hiding them altogether:

26966510453_b1fe8a1776_o.jpg

Thanks!

26946929953_1878aca3d1_o.jpg

27555345275_ae893bae9b_o.jpg

His eyes also look weird under flash, and the face seems more natural under the shadow of the hat. As I posted earlier, I could only fake that in the photo by hiding them altogether:

26966510453_b1fe8a1776_o.jpg

There we go... Those look great... So glad I managed to catch one of these... Now to stick it on...

What about that middle Indy base? SS Scout, right?

The problem I initially had was that I'd swapped the neck plug over and put it into the left hand Indy to use with the DX05 head. Now it's in the SS body I can't get it out!

So I had to find a method of attaching the new head to the DX05 that was more secure than just using the white tack. Pushing the head down onto the neck was no good because it's a shorter neck than the SS. He looked like a munchkin. Using the pen top meant I was able to adjust the height until it looked right.

It's a really good idea too, one to make a note of for sure.

Thanks!

I'd be inclined to tip the hat back just a little.

There we go... Those look great... So glad I managed to catch one of these... Now to stick it on...

What about that middle Indy base? SS Scout, right?

Yes, that the Scout's base. I removed all the fancy bases from the SW figures to save space at the time.

I think I read somewhere that the 'prop' hat from the SS ROTLA could be used on the TOD.

I just looked at it but the interior seems too small, even taking account of removing the lining. Doesn't seem possible.

I was considering doing that. I remember I took a quick glance to see if it would be possible and it really didn't seem like it would fit even with the lining taken off. I think it looked like the sides of the hat smokestack was pretty much the same width as the TOD head. I'll have to look again.

I'm referring to the spare hat you get with the SSC ROTLA and fitting it to the SSC ROTLA head. It sits slightly better than the normal one:

I was considering doing that. I remember I took a quick glance to see if it would be possible and it really didn't seem like it would fit even with the lining taken off. I think it looked like the sides of the hat smokestack was pretty much the same width as the TOD head. I'll have to look again.

I'm currently in the process of removing the lining.

It's taking a while because it appears it was a rare vintage year for Chinese glue. It's actually sticks!

I'm referring to the spare hat you get with the SSC ROTLA and fitting it to the SSC ROTLA head. It sits slightly better than the normal one:

Are you putting the spare hat on the hatted sculpt that has the top of the head missing?

I'm currently in the process of removing the lining.

It's taking a while because it appears it was a rare vintage year for Chinese glue. It's actually sticks!

:rotfl

UPDATE: It actually does fit the TOD.

Doesn't come right down to the hairline at the back, but it cover the front and sides.

The TOD hat has a brim that angles down, whereas the ROTLA is straighter, or upward curving, making it appear to ride high even though it meets the hair.

UPDATE: It actually does fit the TOD.

Doesn't come right down to the hairline at the back, but it cover the front and sides.

The TOD hat has a brim that angles down, whereas the ROTLA is straighter, or upward curving, making it appear to ride high even though it meets the hair.

Do you have the hair piece off the head? Does it fit with the hair on? Could it fit if the inside of the hat was carved out a bit?

Nope, that's the hatted head with the original hat removed. You just pry it off.

Ah, yep. I think we thought you meant that the hat fit the UNhatted sculpt which has the hair on it.

Do you have the hair piece off the head? Does it fit with the hair on? Could it fit if the inside of the hat was carved out a bit?

I don't think there's a chance it would fit with the hair on.

I carved out the excess glue and a little plastic from inside the hat at the back.

This photo was taken from a low angle, but at eye level and with the shadow cast from the brim it fits pretty well to the TOD head:

27510126121_a8095a402b_o.jpg

SS ROTLA spare hat left; MJ Choi recast middle; DX05 right.

27484265632_ce8328a427_o.jpg

Back