1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So-who and when made old "almost 1/5" Indy sculp?Where I can find more pics?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Agreed about Beastmaster's. And the two Inigou's are really good as well.

Although while it may not be a perfect likeness, I still think Trevor captured something in that first Sideshow sculpt that no one else really has. Most sculpts tend to make his face look too angular and hard-edged, while Trevor recognized that his features are actually a lot softer and rounder than that (which is really evident in shots like the one from Blade Runner below). None of the other sculpts seem to capture that half as well as he did way back when.

View attachment 256561

I believe this is Trevor's Sideshow Sculpt Repainted if I am not mistaken. I got this on eBay as a repaint. I have to say I really do like it.

IMG_7081.jpg
IMG_7136.jpg
IMG_7051.jpg

The UU definitely captures Ford from some angles, but there's still something just a bit too generic about it. And the creepy expression certainly doesn't help any. ;)

Yeah, I think that one was dubbed "serial killer" Solo.:lol

I know it's not Indy but the best Ford likeness for me is the modded MJ sculpt to Deckard that Jake for our Velvet Morning V2 Deckard.
0110167efc98396bc4dfe6d2c879042d.jpg

It's a nice sculpt but for some reason I keep seeing directors in the MJ sculpt - some pics when it's as Indy look like a young Spielberg to me, as Deckard he looks a little like ROTJ director Richard Marquand.

17c61ad58a12902f6a98160f1ef5e6ce.jpg

I believe this is Trevor's Sideshow Sculpt Repainted if I am not mistaken. I got this on eBay as a repaint. I have to say I really do like it.

I think that's the knock-off head from eBay. It has odd stubble - kind of charcoal smeared with black dots in it.

So-who and when made old "almost 1/5" Indy sculp?Where I can find more pics?

Same company that bought you the 1/2 scale Indy...

1owox3.jpg

:lol

Oh... here's a gallery of the Sideshow KOTCS Indy (which has a nice sculpt but is about 20% oversized):

COOL TOY REVIEW: Sideshow Collectibles Indiana Jones 1/6 Scale Figure

I wonder if they'll have triple neck ties in Blade Runner 2? It's even further into the future.:dunno

And they have only three more years to invent and sell flying cars. I bet Ridley Scott never thought he'd be producing a sequel for release in the same year (2019) as the original is set.:lol

They are really going to have to start setting futuristic movies further into the future - between BR and BTTF, it's embarrassing how so little seems to come to pass.

Yeah, I think that one was dubbed "serial killer" Solo.[emoji38]

It's a nice sculpt but for some reason I keep seeing directors in the MJ sculpt - some pics when it's as Indy look like a young Spielberg to me, as Deckard he looks a little like ROTJ director Richard Marquand.

I think that's the knock-off head from eBay. It has odd stubble - kind of charcoal smeared with black dots in it.

1owox3.jpg

[emoji38]

Oh... here's a gallery of the Sideshow KOTCS Indy (which has a nice sculpt but is about 20% oversized):

Thanks!Terrable paintup, but nice sculpt.

Really until we have the same artist paint all the sculpts and line them up in the same lighting it will always be subjective. Even having the same artist paint it will still be subjective.

Apparently facial recognition works differently for everyone. I still see MJ Choi's as the best likeness (size issues and fedora aside)

Apparently facial recognition works differently for everyone. I still see MJ Choi's as the best likeness (size issues and fedora aside)

I think it's an amazing looking sculpt in close up shots, but somehow from a distance it doesn't work as well for me. The eyes seem a bit too close together and the bridge of the nose a bit too narrow. Plus I think I just prefer an Indy with a more serious and determined expression.

Though Beastmaster's looks like it may take the cake

It does look amazing, but you really can't judge sculpts that are unpainted or digital renders only. It's weird - something changes when the paint goes on.

I think it's an amazing looking sculpt in close up shots, but somehow from a distance it doesn't work as well for me. The eyes seem a bit too close together and the bridge of the nose a bit too narrow. Plus I think I just prefer an Indy with a more serious and determined expression.

What's strange is that I've seen one paint-up/lighting set-up of the Choi sculpt that was just dead-on Indy. Yet every other time, I just don't see it, despite seeing it with incredible paint-ups over and over. There really is a magic to the way a sculpt and paint meshes.

And I agree - up close the Choi does feel like more Indy, but from a distance it falls away for some reason. For me, it looks slightly Sean Penn further away. Yup - facial recognition works differently for sure.

But it is one plus of the SSC TOD Indy head - it has some Indy attitude/expression, which IS important for Indy. HT's Indy didn't work not only ebcause of the likeness, it was also that bland no-expression look that HT usually delivers that made it off. Works for some characters, not Indy.

Honestly, if it wasn't 10% too small the SSC TOD head would be very near the top of the list overall. I love it in-hand but it still looks pretty great in pics too

I had forgot about that crossed eyed abomination..... WTH were they thinking ?

Yeah, I think that one was dubbed "serial killer" Solo.:lol

1owox3.jpg

:lol

Is that cross eyed Indy photoshoped, or is that for real?

The cross-eyed thing was photoshopped as a joke, but the eyes were pretty big and strange on that piece. It will supposedly never be released.

Hmm no offense to mustang33guy, but I think I've definitely seen some better repaints of that Sideshow head, whether for Indy or after converted into a Deckard:

View attachment 256731View attachment 256732
View attachment 256733

None taken, it's just the most readily available sculpt on eBay and the one that was in my budget. Def not trying to prove that it's the best by any stretch. The whole topic is so subjective lol. There are so many variations on here it's nice to know that everyone can find one they like.

Back