1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
honestly.. we are speaking about the sculpt not about painting, when you will see a indy ss head repainted.. I think you will change your mind...:wink1:

I have both and have seen repainted SS heads and they still don't compare. I know many will think otherwise, but that's what makes for a good debate.

Here's a quick update on my Indy #2, decided to take out the PERS, and shaved the insides and shaved the lids like Rory suggested, Thanks Mike Fisher, for the tips on the weathering, still working on it, but I like how it's coming out.
IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

Great work, looks awesome. Still working on mine. Painted the shirt yesterday with tips from rory. Will post pictures when i recieve the mfisher belt, whip and holster.

Here's a quick update on my Indy #2, decided to take out the PERS, and shaved the insides and shaved the lids like Rory suggested, Thanks Mike Fisher, for the tips on the weathering, still working on it, but I like how it's coming out.
IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

Amazing work rory. I almost have my zillion dollars ready ;)

Hey man, here's what I did step by step:
1: take out the PERS box (it's only barely superglued in).
2: take out the PERS themselves (see pic above).
3: Shave down the PERS box, especially the chin section. I shaved mine back with a really sharp scalpel. The more you take off the smaller it is and the more room you have to push the soft face sculpt around.
4: I gently shaved off the inside of the eyelids with the too of the scalpel, from the back. It's actually easy enough, but you need a sharp scalpel blade.
5: Then I shaved out the inside of the face itself, this is very soft and easy to do.
6: Heat the face with a hairdryer, it becomes like rubber very easily and is quite malleable. Dip into cold water to set it.

The difference really is amazing, here are some WIP painting pics. The iPhone doesn't really do it justice, makes all the colors go too bright and burn out. I will have my camera back tomorrow and try to take some better pics..

This is where I started a few hours ago (note the eyes and shape/structure of face):
IMG_5534.jpg

And this is where I leave it for today!:
IMG_5586.jpg

IMG_5576.jpg
IMG_5579.jpg

I don't understand the whole "shave the eyelids" thing?
Just want to get an exact description before I attempt it.
Any help is appreciated.

I have both and have seen repainted SS heads and they still don't compare. I know many will think otherwise, but that's what makes for a good debate.

(just my opinion and only to discuss pacefully) I don't remember the painter's name but these are some example of good resenblance of Ford.The problem in the Ht one is not the paint but the sculpt, I have sold mine Ht indy after 7 days...I have really tried to see ford in that sculpt but.....
25gt1si.jpg

651lyg.jpg

2ypg5t1.jpg

xo45f7.jpg

2eal0nk.jpg

one of the best paint comes from Darren carnall (in this forum)
2nknswy.jpg

in facts many of the owners here are still thinking how remodel the head...(I think it was better to leave the job to yulli (or Trevor ;)) instead of Arnie)

(just my opinion and only to discuss pacefully) I don't remember the painter's name but these are some example of good resenblance of Ford.The problem in the Ht one is not the paint but the sculpt, I have sold mine Ht indy after 7 days...I have really tried to see ford in that sculpt but.....
25gt1si.jpg

651lyg.jpg

2ypg5t1.jpg

xo45f7.jpg

2eal0nk.jpg

2nknswy.jpg

in facts many of the owners here are still thinking how remodel the head...(I think it was better to leave the job to yulli (or Trevor ;)) instead of Arnie)

They look good, but still, something about them. I'd love to see a side by side comparison of unpainted (raw) SS vs HT.

They look good, but still, something about them. I'd love to see a side by side comparison of unpainted (raw) SS vs HT.

I would like to help you in this purpose but I can only show how is the resemblance of Ford for the Arnie's eyes is distorded :lol:lol
(just for kidding I really love Arnie kim and all his works)

2571649.jpg

20zqrnc.jpg

I still remember an old post on Anie's facebook page:
Arnie are you redoing the sculpt?
35215av.jpg

I believe if Trevors sculpt was cast the same way as HT's it would rule. Remember Mindfreaks stuff.

25gt1si.jpg

651lyg.jpg

2ypg5t1.jpg

xo45f7.jpg

2eal0nk.jpg

2nknswy.jpg

You are right about the proto pics in the first pic, they are first rate. However I think by the time they reached mass production they were'nt exactly the same.
The 2nd pic, I've never seen before and I really can't argue--- it is absolutely outstanding.
but--overall I still have to prefer the HT figure for the following reasons.
1-- the HT sculpt with the factory paint apps as is DOES need a repaint. I repainted the hatless one myself---I'm not awful, but not great as a painter. To send it out would cost a wad of bucks. While the pics you've shown are OUTSTANDING --- to be honest some of the painters offering their service, I'm not impressed with.

2.-- The sculpt, like most SST heads are a bit on the OVERSIZED side.
3. It has always bugged me that the the SST made 2 heads and 2 hats but not a head with a removeable hat. I absolutely detest the glued on hat.

So, while the HT Ford sculpt may not be up to par with its T-800 or Capt Jack Sparrow-- It is in proper scale to 1/6 figs and to the body it comes with and the hat can be removed or repositoned in a number of ways and styles.

props to the painter you've displayed and you've made your arguement well abou the SST sculpt

I was very confident because I weathered kato clothing :lol

The only way to top throwing blood on a $100 shirt is by tossing dirt on a $160 jacket. ;)

The mark of a true artist, never afraid to get his hands dirty :lol

I think Trevor's sculpt is awesome. I just think that all of those eye paint applications ruin the sculpt.

Someone should try and put a PERS system in Trev's sculpt :D

Oh no you did'nt! Pics please.

Heh, I only started it yesterday and I'm taking my sweet time over it. I fully expect to muck it up, so it may not progress beyond hollowing out the eye sockets. One done so far. I'll try and post a pic tomorrow to show the progress, it's too late here now.

anyone have a extra pair of hot toys indy pants they are not using been asking for weeks in the wtb section no luck

Back