1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, so Justin’s figure is a prototype?

I think it's a final production prototype. Meaning it's a mass produced style sample
I know it’s hard to watch with sound on but Justin clarifies that InArt invited him out to have a look at the ‘prototypes’ so the ones in his video apparently are not production pieces- unless you have protos of production pieces… seems like ambiguous wording to me.

So who knows if what we’re seeing on the floor are protos, production pieces or production piece protos and what is the difference?

InArt was smart to get Justin to release his review at the same time. So much for their 'exclusive to Asia' marching orders.

InArt is very crafty with this Joker release. But I'm still holding my breath on Gandalf and Bruce Wayne.

Interesting that Justin got to be the first to review when he supports Toys Wonderland yet Queen/InArt made that announcement against Toys Wonderland didn't they? Or am I misremembering the situation? But I guess with how big his following is, that doesn't matter in the end.

Man I wish they would release a single version of the rooted hair. Debating whether if I get the standard sculpted hair one.

Interesting that Justin got to be the first to review when he supports Toys Wonderland yet Queen/InArt made that announcement against Toys Wonderland didn't they? Or am I misremembering the situation? But I guess with how big his following is, that doesn't matter in the end.
No, you're correct. Can't have enemies in business though.

I know it’s hard to watch with sound on but Justin clarifies that InArt invited him out to have a look at the ‘prototypes’ so the ones in his video apparently are not production pieces- unless you have protos of production pieces… seems like ambiguous wording to me.

So who knows if what we’re seeing on the floor are protos, production pieces or production piece protos and what is the difference?
And I did watch the video while knowing he said it's a prototype. A prototype can mean so many things, a lot of us are accustomed to the word prototype with the actual pre-production piece. I'm just using common sense here, with release a week away. I see no reason why they would send Justin the initial prototype now instead of a production prototype/sample...especially when they're sending it to him to get eyes on it.

Plus they just put out a video of the final production with like 50 Jokers lol they do look like the one that they gave Justin, no way they made around 100 great Joker prototype just for that one video.

We'll see I guess

This Joker is amazing. Every angle I’m impressed. Especially so with the rooted, even as someone who preordered just the sculpted two pack, I feel that the rooted was definitely worth the price upgrade so extremely excited for anyone here who took that leap of faith! Thrilled with the sculpted too, it looks to be at least Hot Toys quality on that aspect which is a win in my book. Everything else is what separates this piece. And that’s what it feels like. Sure it’s still a 1/6th figure, but this looks more special than anything I’ve seen Hot Toys produce from a likeness and tailoring standpoint. My wallet is terrified at the prospects of a Bale Batman, Cavill Superman, Gadot Wonder Woman and Clarke Dany.

Gandalf and Pennywise are absolutely stunning to me as well. Think the Pattinson Bruces are a little bit weaker, but the actual Batman himself looks stunning. Still a ways to go with getting figures in hands, but this is an amazing coming out party by InArt. Feels as if another checkpoint has been passed with flying colours.

Last edited:
Joker is perfect, the rooted two pack is everything I hoped for - a leap of faith rewarded!
The Joker two-pack is probably the show stealer - but the Pennywise is damn close!
The Batman figure itself is fantastic - I haven't seen anyone give a good enough look at the heads to impress me yet - but I remain hopeful. From the little ive seen the rooted Batman head looks better than the sculpted one.
The Gandalf looks great (to me) - but not a universal appeal but to my eyes its a spot on likeness.
The Bruce figure is the weakest by far - pretty glad I decided not to go for it.

Danoby simply would not give Joker any credit 😂 says he’s more impressed with the diorama on the jail cell figure. Just stares and the other one and compliments the coat stitching. Then brings up pricing and if it’s final.

Wow 🤣😂

That degree of blind allegiance and refusal is rather hilarious.

Some close ups of the production pieces from InArt video. Hard to tell if the textures are present on them or not because on some angles they are there and others they are not depending on the lighting. The video quality doesn't really help either

Edit: I found a much better quality version of the video from Weibo posting it soon

Attachments

• IMG_7451.JPG
    IMG_7451.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7452.JPG
    IMG_7452.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7453.JPG
    IMG_7453.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 0
Back