1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never quite understood this. Some of my favorite figures are the ones I bashed or customized. That's not to say customs are better -- I love many of my factory (HT) figures. But even factory ones need some tweaking and "fixing".
Oh I agree that even some stock stuff could use some tweaking. I think it's on a character basis though. Some folks are fine with stuff as is for one character, but are hell bent at getting a true to life scaled down replica of every last bit on another character. Like you said, accuracy is accuracy. But to some, that accuracy is negligible and not worth going down the custom route.

But I guess my comment was more about the unboxing experience rather than quality of custom vs official. There is something about the unboxing experience, for me at least. With some customs depending on who you buy from etc, all you get is your stuff in a ziplock bag inside a padded envelope. That's not as fun for me as unboxing a figure, removing all the plastic and examining all the accessories one by one very similar to how MrCollectionVentures on YouTube does his videos. As an example, I have customized all my Sideshow GI Joes from top to bottom nearly, and really love them. But, when I received my case fresh 3Z Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, that was an different feeling.

Last edited:
Im not sure why people think this was a jab at Hot Toys.

Queen Studios just wanted to put a product out that they know people will buy, so that's exactly what they did.

They know they have a good product, regardless of what it does to Hot Toys.

As a business, its money for them.

I don’t think anyone’s thinking this is a jab at HT. QS got the license for a really popular series of movies that also resonates in China and are making figures from it. We as collectors that are fed up with HT BS are delighted to see another company try their hand at something that HT aren’t putting any effort into.

it’s not a situation where QS are rubbing their hands together and saying under their breath “oh HT we just showed you up. Oh you’re gone git it now!”. Not at all.

I don't expect it to release this year, I expect delays and like their statues they will be done in multiple batches.
China will get theirs first, so we will see how it all turns out before the final payment.

Ah, the unboxing. Like undressing your first women.

62381345.jpg

So what is it about having an official figure? That it is licensed?
For me my customs never feel “done” once you start the process there’s always something that could still be tweaked at some level.

There’s something special about getting something that feels done right out of the box. Feeling content with a release and the work of someone else is just nice.

It’s kind of like how I also believe that any sandwich which is made for you tastes better than one you make yourself, even if the final product is the same.

For me my customs never feel “done” once you start the process there’s always something that could still be tweaked at some level.

There’s something special about getting something that feels done right out of the box. Feeling content with a release and the work of someone else is just nice.

It’s kind of like how I also believe that any sandwich which is made for you tastes better than one you make yourself, even if the final product is the same.
Well said.

INACCURACY ALERT:

QS Joker only has a left "Here's my card" hand... but in the movie he holds it with his right!

Damn! I'm OUT!
I worked out this deal with them so I could make an easy product. I’m modeling a right hand now. $45 painted add on for your $1k set. $90 if you want it for both figures. 😂

Man, tell me about it lol. I'm a digital sculptor and my 3D printer is basically always on, churning something new out. You replace one piece, but then that makes you like a piece you were just fine with before a little bit less, so you got to replace that piece, but then...

I worked out this deal with them so I could make an easy product. I’m modeling a right hand now. $45 painted add on for your $1k set. $90 if you want it for both figures. 😂

Believe me, this is the kind of thing that actually does drive some fanatical collectors bonkers, and someone WILL make that right card-holding hand.

Believe me, this is the kind of thing that actually does drive some fanatical collectors bonkers, and someone WILL make that right card-holding hand.
My current retirement plan is making fists for McFarlane The Batman figures… I know.

Oh I agree that even some stock stuff could use some tweaking. I think it's on a character basis though. Some folks are fine with stuff as is for one character, but are hell bent at getting a true to life scaled down replica of every last bit on another character. Like you said, accuracy is accuracy. But to some, that accuracy is negligible and not worth going down the custom route.

But I guess my comment was more about the unboxing experience rather than quality of custom vs official. There is something about the unboxing experience, for me at least. With some customs depending on who you buy from etc, all you get is your stuff in a ziplock bag inside a padded envelope. That's not as fun for me as unboxing a figure, removing all the plastic and examining all the accessories one by one very similar to how MrCollectionVentures on YouTube does his videos. As an example, I have customized all my Sideshow GI Joes from top to bottom nearly, and really love them. But, when I received my case fresh 3Z Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, that was an different feeling.

I wholeheartedly agree!!! Unboxing a brand new figure is a joy in of itself, one of the grand splendors of collecting in my opinion.

Until this figure I have never noticed how much shorter his hair is in the interrogation scene.

How do you know how many orders to take before a certain limit is reached? Can you guarantee that every order placed at your site within the 3 day window will be fulfiled?
I can’t guarantee.. But Queen sets limit preorder time frame instead of limit quantity. Hopefully they won’t cut orders as it’s huge disappointment for their 1st 1/6 release

Im sure kit is legitimate. But if there was any kind of agreement between kit and queen then that seems like it violates queens agreement with the licensor since distribution is confined. Anyway Ill order from kit and hope for the best.
We are china base company, technically Queen is selling their product within China, I don’t have any agreement with licensor :p

for example most of threezero license aren’t worldwide license but they do distribute their product worldwide, no one stop them since day one

Back