1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I love those gloved set of hands. We’ve had the same hands from HT since the original MMS TDK joker with a few new gestures here and there, but still never improved on in realism or accuracy. This figure is such an improvement, top to bottom, from anything we’ve had before

Completely agree. In fact the gloves are almost what has impressed me most (and that’s saying something) with this release.

Shots like that definitely make me extremely excited to get mine in hand. I really think this may be the best mass produced Ledger sculpt in any scale ever. Anyone think there’s a legitimate competitor? Infinity Studios life size bust?
Maybe it's just me but I think the Queen Studios 1/4 version has a stronger likeness, not to say the 1/6 version is terrible but from the very start something seemed off with the eyes, like they're too close together or something, still better than any of Hot Toys attempts.
1672405005957.png

1672405198261.png

Come on, we need someone in China to take a picture of this guy standing next to a DX11 already. :lol

Does anybody have any idea if we (who bought the sculpted hair) could buy a rooted hair head and use it ? Or is it a different ?

I wonder what Hot Toys' reaction will be. I'm sure there have been many meetings in HT HQ to discuss InArt (and probably other companies out there -Nanjin's business model for one must be very interesting) and what steps to take, and now that the Joker has been released, I'm sure it's being dissected on Howard's desk...

This situation reminds me a bit of the DML vs DID battle for 1/6 WWII supremacy some 15-20 years ago.
DML (Dragon Models, a model kits company) took the 1/6 collector's market by storm back in the early 00's with their (for the time) revolutionary figures. They were like nothing anybody had ever seen in terms of accuracy, realism and articulation, and the old G.I. Joe figures were left by the wayside. Some companies, like 21st Century and BBI tried to compete, but couldn't keep up with the mighty Dragon, which reigned supreme.
Until DID showed up. They upped the ante with more realistic sculpts, figures loaded with gear, use of metal and wood, as well as leather. Their figures were more expensive, and they didn't release the same amount of figures as DML did, but DML couldn't (or wouldn't) upgrade their offerings to the level of what DID was putting out. They tried a different strategy, releasing cheaper figures and carded sets, maybe thinking that they could keep the "mass" market. But the WWII collector had evolved along with DID, and after a coupe of years DML disappeared from the 1/6 market.

So, what strategy will HT follow? Will they shake up their business model to take on InArt? Will they try to keep a stranglehold on hot IPs like Marvel and SW, and hope that keeps their market share secure?

And how many successful figures does InArt have to release in order to break even? How long will their investors wait until the money starts coming in? How much time do they have to prove that their business model works?

At any rate, it'll be interesting to see how all this evolves.

I personally think sooner or later the InArt vs Hot Toys conversations will and should die down. And it all comes down to, I don't think Hot Toys will ever dive into the extra realism/attention to detail & premium route that InArt seem to be taking with each of their releases. With InArt you can expect the tiniest accessories to be diecast while with Hot Toys you're probably just gonna get a metallic paint finish plastic piece. I simply don't see them changing their production ways and go compete with InArt for a much pricier market. Down the line, they might take a shot at it and test waters.

But if they took another shot at Joker right now, it won't match the total quality and value that we're getting here. Probably not because they can't but because it's not their goal/market. And I kinda like it that way. More variety and choices for everyone

Then again this is only InArt first ever release and who knows what happens in the future lol. Truly do hope they maintain the quality and effort in every releases though.

Personally I hope to see Inart become what hot Toys use to be before the Disney side happened.

Imagine in Art doing things like Beetlejuice, Wonka classic movies or even Barbossa.

Just stuff that people actually want. Not sure if it's just me but tired of seeing the same 7 figures in different versions. Joker is definitely a solid start for them I'll be supporting inart 1000%

Personally I hope to see Inart become what hot Toys use to be before the Disney side happened.

Imagine in Art doing things like Beetlejuice, Wonka classic movies or even Barbossa.

Just stuff that people actually want. Not sure if it's just me but tired of seeing the same 7 figures in different versions. Joker is definitely a solid start for them I'll be supporting inart 1000%
T2 battle damaged oh man......

If hot toys dwells back into this character, they’re going to get laughed at so hard lol.

Also, seeing all these magnetic parts, no reason to go back to pegs. This should be the 1/6th standard now.

Man, I’m hoping I can score a sculpted single version of this down the road.
Yup it'll be so nice to be able to smoothly switch out the hands without having to wrestle for a few minutes with wrist pegs and completely mess up your carefully futzed and posed figure in the process.

Has anyone received the dreaded shipping invoice from Toys Wonderland yet? I had to order it from there as I had store credit and it’s the only place I could find it, but the final shipping price is a deal-breaker. The original quote was $105 to the UK.

Back