1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Justin’s video the paint apps don’t look that bad albeit not like the prototype. These pictures we got this morning look worse than in his video to me. That’s my frustration, every bit of photos/ videos we’ve gotten make the sculpts look different. That makes me think when these start rolling out that every rooted version will vary. Sculpted looks pretty uniform throughout.

Maybe someone should suggest to John next time he’s on a YouTube stream that InArt spend some of that Joker money on hiring a good photographer and cameraman.

I can understand criticisms on both ends. Did Inart fumble their exhibits and first reveal review? Yes. Are there noticeable downgrades from the prototype? Yes. Will futzing bring it back close to what the prototype looks like? Hopefully.

I'm more concerned about those shoulders. It looks bad on the exhibits and it can be seen on Inart's recent product video. But I'm also thinking you're gonna have to lower those shoulders anyway when you put the jacket and overcoat on to get that slumped shoulder line he has when fully clothed. Otherwise, it'll look like a linebacker.

I apologize, I do not mean to come off as an elitist. I’ve admitted in a previous post how my perception is slightly altered due to being in the custom 1:6 world. When you see amazing looking pieces for years and are very particular with what makes it into the collection, you notice things. I don’t just state my opinion “oh it looks like ****” then, when asked why I feel that way, can’t give reasoning. I’ve offered photos to back up everything I’ve said, maybe that’s why it comes off as opinion being fact? Perhaps a photo doesn’t lie?
It's alright mate, it's hard sometimes to convey nuance or opinion through text and these sort of things can be a fine invisible line that's all too easy to cross.

This is what concerns me about the dual control eyeballs. Get some that are not matched correctly and you’re stuffed:

2CD8A1EB-AAF6-42FC-B22A-FA9A86CAA584.jpeg

Photo credit Rincon Freaky on Instagram.

I'm waiting for the inevitable Ebay knock-off sculpts. I'm sure that the factory working on the sculpts will have a few hundred in over-runs available... :monkey3
Yep, that's what I've been thinking, if the InArt sculpt is oversized to, it might get shrunk down to normal size after a recast. No doubt they will start flooding Ebay once the fig is released.

I'm waiting for the inevitable Ebay knock-off sculpts. I'm sure that the factory working on the sculpts will have a few hundred in over-runs available... :monkey3
I imagine we will see a knock off jail dio too, instead of hard wood, we get laminate. 🤣

It’s totally a bait and switch. I understand those of you that don’t have a Ledger Joker and customs are out of your budget, but to think Inart was this blessing to the 1:6 world. I hate to be a Debbie downer but come on. This is absolutely not what we were promised. The clothing looks like it’s cheap 3rd party and that’s being kind, regardless of futzing, your waistcoat shouldn’t look like a life jacket I’m sorry. Zoom into the rooted sculpts, the paint is completely off, looks like a bad custom that was made 5 years ago. The hair line, random bits of hair glued well past the hairline, to say it looks sloppy is an understatement. The body doesn’t fill the outfit out like it should. After seeing these photos I’m even more intrigued to see those of you that claimed with a bit of futzing you could get it to look exactly like the prototype because that’s not happening.

View attachment 604990View attachment 604991
tbf, it looks like the same exact technique they used to do their rooted job for their 1/4 artist edition ledger. I'm still not a fan of how the lighting is, even if the pictures are arguably the best after vegas's **** show

tbf, it looks like the same exact technique they used to do their rooted job for their 1/4 artist edition ledger. I'm still not a fan of how the lighting is, even if the pictures are arguably the best after vegas's **** show
I agree 100%. Appears both paint application and hair are done relatively the same between their 1:6 & 1:4 offerings. That’s another one where the prototype looked absolutely killer, only to leave a lot of collectors wishing they’d of went with sculpted instead of the artist edition when they realized viper wasn’t painting or hairing them.

just finally getting caught up with the thread lol I feel some people are really overanalyzing pictures. i'd suggest to just give its some time until the figure is out mess around with the figure yourself. there'll be people who will disregard the hair and tailoring instead of futzing it so figures will always look dodgy. not crapping for the people who have these type of figures in open displays, but its inevitable there'll be bad looking pictures of the figures compared to someone who knows what they might be doing. i just think whoever set these figures up and put lighting for these figures did a disservice for the figures and the company.

I agree 100%. Appears both paint application and hair are done relatively the same between their 1:6 & 1:4 offerings. That’s another one where the prototype looked absolutely killer, only to leave a lot of collectors wishing they’d of went with sculpted instead of the artist edition when they realized viper wasn’t painting or hairing them.
yeah that was a REAL bait and switch but tbf I saw that coming. both standard and artist are marginally different, minor paint updates but it doesn't justify the cost hike. also I remember surfing around how the body was apparently plastic instead of polystone/resin and the statue ran into leaning issues. it was viper's "team" allegedly but not a huge improvement when you can just buy the standard for 700-800~ however much they wanted and sent it off to an artist to get the hair sanded to get haired properly. would've costed about the same as the artist edition, but you'd get a better product overall. but I feel customs/modifications (besides repairs) aren't that popular with statues since most people there are deathly afraid to do anything but display them

Statues, although I don’t personally collect them, I feel should be sacred but that’s me. Unless you have a joker with rooted hair that doesn’t cut it then it’s fair game. A plastic body you’re saying? That’s crazy. I know people are upset about the overall size of it.

Back