1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Price is touchy on this.

$1000 for 2 rooted figures and a diorama made from real metal and wood.

If in hand these are as good then the price is justified, either will hold or go up in vaule.
Dx11 is still a dam good figure to think that still goes for a pretty penny.

I will say the sculpted hair for $300 is trash. It looks like it was sculpted by sideshow in early days.

I really like the sculpt. Also think that big box is the done pack box and promo video is single sculpted hair box.

Either way I'm nervous about forking out atm. As for Danoby disrespectful a**.

Have you compared the Inart sculpted hair to a DX11? The Inart might not be perfect, but at least it looks like the Joker from TDK. :LOL: DX11 looks like Cesar Romero.

300$ is what new Hot Toys go for.

j1.jpg

j2.jpg

j3.jpg

mullet-redneck.gif

sxv-wtf.gif

wait-what-wtf.gif

giphy.webp

Jokes aside, what is the BEST un-customized Hot Toys Joker as of today?

TDK Joker? Classic costume or any?

If any I would go for original BR Joker. But that’s probably the nostalgia in me remembering seeing those MILK magazine scans and being giddy with excitement.

I have the original Bank Robber Joker... had planned to get a purple coat like everyone else because it had the first Ledger sculpt. Got the poofy robe, I mean coat, but never liked how it looked.

Anyway, so DX11 is still the BEST 1/6th Ledger Joker? Wow... that just amazes me. I could never get past the hair, and consequently always eyed customs...

I think its time for people to enter the new decade already.

Yes absolutely. Looks exactly as it did in promo photos:

View attachment 603426
yup exactly. I will say (as I think you pointed out), the extra hair being over his ear is a change from the proto to the production that I don't care for. Looks weird
Jokes aside, what is the BEST un-customized Hot Toys Joker as of today?
I think Bank Robber Joker's sculpt was for the most part universally praised as an overall good sculpt for HT. Many ppl seemed to use that as their Joker sculpt of choice even after the DX01

If the DX01's hair sculpt was more like the BR Joker, I think that would take the spot for me as best HT Joker sculpt, but it's too flat without any volume.

As an overall package though, I think it was hard to beat the DX11 in terms of HT/mass produced Jokers.

TDK Joker? Classic costume or any?

If any I would go for original BR Joker. But that’s probably the nostalgia in me remembering seeing those MILK magazine scans and being giddy with excitement.
Oh yeah totally forgot about this one. But yes! Their BR Joker is probably the best release

Same thing happened with The Batman figure.

Everyone calling it the $1000 Batman figure as a criticism for it's quality to price ratio when Inart is offering the base Batman figure for $390. Very bizarre.
The admin of OSS is a certified Hot Toys/Sideshow Collectibles shill. When the figure was announced he put up a post in his group telling members that the Inart Batman costs $1000 compared to the Hot Toys $320, and of course he has influence in his group and many took his word for it. Of course the people who knew better started clarifying in the comments that the single figure was only $380 and it was the All In package with the Bat signal and Bruce Wayne that was $1000. He started removing those comments.

Aren’t all the bodies for these figures fairly unique too? It isn’t like Hot Toys where they slap whatever head they want onto a TrueType, and make sure to stress over and over if they actually changed something on it.

I absolutely love the idea of magnets being used for all the attachments. I’ve had a few Hot Toys figures where the wrist pegs have been a pain, of even sometimes snapping off inside the hands. They suck. My DX11’s neck adapter came out of the laughing sculpt due to me changing it often for different displays. And magnets to keep the figure on the base helps soooo much with presentation - especially with Joker where his purple coat has to “drape” onto the crotch grabbers and bulge out in the back.

I wish InArt would sell some of those display cases they had in Las Vegas too.
Im surprised hot toys didnt just use the same truetype body and a large fatsuit for the black adam figure too 🤣

remember magnets can fall off too instead of adapters. Lets hope it holds.

the display cases are sold online and they are made by apextime if you want one 😄

Why all the hype for the display case tho? It is cool for one figure but not practical for an entire collection I guess

I mean these days HT doesn't just use one true type like they used to. Lots of time, the bodies are a bit if a frankenstien of different body parts.

For example, the recent Mando Boba Fett figures: Torso and legs are basically the same of Captain America with a wider neck opening, medium biceps (from what used to be called the Advanced TT), forearms from the slim TT. Moff Gideon used the torso of what was the narrow TT I believe, but with slim TT arms and legs. There are other combinations out there depending on the character but these were fresh in my mind and easiest to describe without pictures.

So the bodies are a bit unique per character these days in that they aren't just using one generic body for every single character.

And member R_X_X has mentioned that InArt is using modified CooModel bodies, so they're essentially doing the same thing HT is doing but with another company's product, rather than their own.
Interesting. How did R_R_X get that information?

Back