1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I were to go for a custom sculpt, I’d want it to be one of the ones that capture his yellow-toothed grin. I’m tired of bored, stoic-looking Ledger Jokers.

Pick one...

Yixie Jokers, paint by Yuan studio 10-17-22.jpg

What is everyone thoughts on this one? It's Adam done by the master massahendrix
I heard his commission price averages around 3-4k. His work do look life like though

I meant 500-700 for the commission job alone
if im not mistaken yuan raised his price but yes, that's around the price point for a properly done sculpt. 600-800 is a bit more realistic depending on artist you send it to. 500 seems too generous to me. owen charges around 750-800 for a joker to be be done last time I checked. yuan is roughly around there now i'd imagine. hopefully once talhae opens up commissions against next year, I'll be able to join.

i considered sending nancy's 5.0 (smiling) over to yuan, but I'll double down with talhae. they do some amazing paint work, just curious how their hair will turn out.

but this mike_yuan sculpt is making me feel certain ways.. its so good

1666070556358.png

What is everyone thoughts on this one? It's Adam done by the master massahendrix
I heard his commission price averages around 3-4k. His work do look life like though

this is good, but yuan is a fraction for that price. when it comes to customs, style matters to me so ill most likely lean towards yuan. there's a certain uncanny valley in that post that I'm getting.

at that price, might as well get a real adam gu sculpt

I originally had some post pre-order anxiety dropping 1k, but I am thrilled. The features, materials, magnets and the rooted hair look awesome. I was originally planning on selling one of the pair, but I expect that I'll keep both at this point. I've watched multiple videos from LV and I'm not having an issue with the head size. Next to the HT Batman there is some discrepancy though.

Among all the figures they showed, only the Batman looks more spot on than Joker. I'm a Dark Knight fan, so I don't know where I'd put Pattison.

The sculpted looks great too and at $300 is a great deal. If Cobb Vanth is getting $300 then the sculpted one is definitely worth $300.

I still have some concern over fulfillment and potential quality control when full production kicks in, but so far the risk appears to be paying off.

if im not mistaken yuan raised his price but yes, that's around the price point for a properly done sculpt. 600-800 is a bit more realistic depending on artist you send it to. 500 seems too generous to me. owen charges around 750-800 for a joker to be be done last time I checked. yuan is roughly around there now i'd imagine. hopefully once talhae opens up commissions against next year, I'll be able to join.

i considered sending nancy's 5.0 (smiling) over to yuan, but I'll double down with talhae. they do some amazing paint work, just curious how their hair will turn out.

but this mike_yuan sculpt is making me feel certain ways.. its so good

View attachment 603311
It does look tremendous indeed, I like this expression. There's a small smirk but he still has that sinister look at the same time. And again you can't go wrong with Yuan work there, he keep bringing out the best of all these Ledger sculpts no matter the expression

It does look tremendous indeed, I like this expression. There's a small smirk but he still has that sinister look at the same time. And again you can't go wrong with Yuan work there, he keep bringing out the best of all these Ledger sculpts no matter the expression
its truly amazing. he's probably the best right now imo. even just out the gate, he got the look right to me. it took awhile for owen to get it right, but still there's something lacking with his sculpts. probably because some of his root job is too short compared to yuan's

I wonder how many people may have gone the custom route and now will just get the InArt instead and move on? One-and-done.
its not a bad option. i like to see inart as the middle ground between customs and hot toys, if they prove to be able to put out good work like what's recently shown.

i still consider inart's joker to be the best one in the licensed market at this scale

I wonder how many people may have gone the custom route and now will just get the InArt instead and move on? One-and-done.
That's me lol..never got the chance to put together a custom 1/6 Ledger. Then one day InArt just announced theirs, I thought it was a decent price point for what we're getting. Plus knowing myself, I will eventually get a custom head sculpt to replace it or at least get it repainted/rehaired by someone else. Might as well pay $1000 for a great two pack that comes with great accessories, diorama and clothes. Basically a great base figure that saves me some money and a lot of time

That's me lol..never got the chance to put together a custom 1/6 Ledger. Then one day InArt just announced theirs, I thought it was a decent price point for what we're getting. Plus knowing myself, I will eventually get a custom head sculpt to replace it or at least get it repainted/rehaired by someone else. Might as well pay $1000 for a great two pack that comes with great accessories, diorama and clothes. Basically a great base figure that saves me some money and a lot of time
Me as well. I have been looking for a good Ledger Joker, and every time I think I may order one, someone says wait for the next HT or DX... so I waited and waited and... here we are. InArt Deluxe PO.

With all the money I saved NOT buying all the HT Jokers over the last 14 years, I figure this InArt deluxe is already paid for.

its truly amazing. he's probably the best right now imo. even just out the gate, he got the look right to me. it took awhile for owen to get it right, but still there's something lacking with his sculpts. probably because some of his root job is too short compared to yuan's
Totally the same here, I always thought Owen work on them were great, never perfect. But Yuan just take them to next level and makes me fall in love with them lol, he's truly the best at it currently. I don't think anyone is gonna deny that.

big plus most of the accessories are diecast. not pooping on someone like metal jon or fullmetal, they're a work of art but getting these type of accessories are gonna cost easily 300-500~ a piece. full metal, functioning 1/6 guns (of course the gun doesn't work but it functions). brand new sculpted gloves that arent recasted dx11 gloves (thank god). custom pair of gloves cost 120~ each. 1000 for 2 figures is a steal to me. tailoring looks really good and i can't say something that was ever really done was wiring the jacket like what inart did to get that good-looking drape without annoyingly futzing it.

with how over-saturated joker is in this market, the amount of options and control the customer has is great.

TOPO set is very nice and they plan to do a 2.0 with improvements from their 1.0 purple coat set.
there's lots of love joker is getting right now

Back