1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it irk anyone else that supposedly for a collecting community, the community sure hates others being a part of that community if it infringes on their perceived unique status of being one of the few whom owns a particular piece?

As pointed out before, unless you especially commission something that is small run or specifically unique, or are just fortunate enough to be part of a very limited edition size, anything outside of that realm should have no complaints. There's no edition size for this yet, and it definitely isn't even unique enough to warrant people being upset over more orders being given. Anyone who wants something unique and very limited should just go custom.

But in regards to what happened with the orders reopening that makes a lot of sense. I'm sure those crying before can now rejoice.

Lol @ Danoby.

Just wait for this to come out to see the quality. I hope it bests Hot Toys and bridges the gap between HT and custom. I don't understand loyalty to a corporation or studio which spites your collection, seems odd.

For me the best way Inart can come out top is more offerings of rooted hair, but outside of having to buy a double pack to get it, and also in their mixed media clothing. Hot Toys have fallen in love with the cheap, and although satisfactory, route of screen printed synthesized plastic with screen/machine printing. I want actual cloth where it should be cloth. Not stretchy plastic. I'm also hoping they do lean more on realism over articulation.

Does it irk anyone else that supposedly for a collecting community, the community sure hates others being a part of that community if it infringes on their perceived unique status of being one of the few whom owns a particular piece?

As pointed out before, unless you especially commission something that is small run or specifically unique, or are just fortunate enough to be part of a very limited edition size, anything outside of that realm should have no complaints. There's no edition size for this yet, and it definitely isn't even unique enough to warrant people being upset over more orders being given. Anyone who wants something unique and very limited should just go custom.
Yes. I think it's gross. I would have no problem were any of the pieces I own be offered again, be they some of my extremely limited run prop replicas, or custom dollies. My pleasure comes from having something I deem to be precious or memorable on my shelf, and if someone else has a chance at that pleasure, I think that's GREAT! It diminishes my pleasure not one bit.

I hope all the negative pushback forces queenstudios to learn from it- by cutting off selling to any distributors in bulk form, only selling directly through their website, forcing only people in China to be able to buy their products, and everyone outside of China gets nothing. Karma for all of the complaining.
So then us normal folk get screwed? Nah.

Yes. I think it's gross. I would have no problem were any of the pieces I own be offered again, be they some of my extremely limited run prop replicas, or custom dollies. My pleasure comes from having something I deem to be precious or memorable on my shelf, and if someone else has a chance at that pleasure, I think that's GREAT! It diminishes my pleasure not one bit.
Exactly, if it looks good on my shelf, who cares about anything else? It's like people who complain a piece isn’t heavy enough. I mean wtf lol

Obviously if they're buying on the assumption that the price would go up and they'd have an extremely limited and rare piece, that's more about unrealistic expectations

Ehhh, weight is often synonymous with quality. And weight can be a good indicator of quality materials used also, so I suppose now weight is often assigned with quality materials used through and through. After all why pay tonnes of money on something that is hollow on the inside (and therefore maybe more prone to breaking) or that uses very cheap materials.

JND uses extremely heavy bases, and I have to say it goes in line with the quality of everything throughout their pieces. But damn I wish they didn't, it really limits how you can display as you know for sure you need to have a good stand that can hold it. But I can't deny it does add to that premium feel.

I suppose a similar thing with Inart, that definitely will effect its cost and also perceived quality and for sure its weight, is the usage of metal and real wood in the base. I don't know, I'm split on this one, it does add to the overall quality I feel. Maybe that's how people who love low edition sizes feel... actually, nope. Still can't understand that, makes zero sense in whichever way you look at it. :ROFLMAO:

The queen studios effect on hot toys has been baffling. They've updated two facesculpts in what? A week?
1649262729225.png

Getting laid is overrated. Now I have a kid who is taking up most of the money I used to spend on collectibles 😂
My friend with a kid the other day: "There's less sex after you have a kid."
Me: "Well look what happened last time!"

Well worn joke I know, but it never gets old.

The queen studios effect on hot toys has been baffling. They've updated two facesculpts in what? A week?
View attachment 570433
InArt is pushing their creative effort. Like how it should have been. Having an actual competitor is what we all needed in the hobby. That's why it's stupid when these weirdos who keep bitching and crying about the reopen orders, want to find a way to bad mouth queen when they have yet to get their first release out.

InArt is pushing their creative effort. Like how it should have been. Having an actual competitor is what we all needed in the hobby. That's why it's stupid when these weirdos who keep bitching and crying about the reopen orders, want to find a way to bad mouth queen when they have yet to get their first release out.
Exactly what I've been saying for years - competition is good and healthy.
But some people don't treat Hot Toys as a company whose products they enjoy - but as a deity against whom you have blasphemed for suggested anyone has/is/will be on their level - its madness.

View attachment 570433

What's more baffling is that people think you can sculpt, paint, and get a sculpt approved to show in a week.

Newsflash, you can't. All this stuff has been in the works for a while now.

While I don't doubt that competition will encourage Hot Toys to try harder, what you've been seeing from them in the past few weeks is not a reaction to Queen Studios. We will only start seeing the results of that in a few months.

What's more baffling is that people think you can sculpt, paint, and get a sculpt approved to show in a week.

Newsflash, you can't. All this stuff has been in the works for a while now.

While I don't doubt that competition will encourage Hot Toys to try harder, what you've been seeing from them in the past few weeks is not a reaction to Queen Studios. We will only start seeing the results of that in a few months.
Queen studios released joker pics on facebook March 9. That was a month not a week ago.

Back