1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - LOTR Figures Wishlist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. See? If the quality is there we'll all find ways to justify it and get out magnificent little dollie.

The real hands and real hair definitely pop me over the edge for more money.
We will! I spent the most I ever have on a custom clothing set just last year when previous years I was like nope I'll never spend THAT much just on some clothes. I got Mike Yuan's Indy set with the added weathering service and that hurt when I shelled out the money for it; BUT, time has passed and I look at how my Indy started with just the DX05 clothes to now with Mike's work and @TonTon 's gun belt and it's night and day. I don't regret spending that money one bit to be honest.

It is interesting the collecting habits though when it comes to toys/figures/dollies. I'm also on the transformers forums. There's a really nice new custom movie accurate Optimus Prime sculpt getting released soon and the guys on there are flinching at the $90 price tag whereas I'm like "what's the big deal?" However, I have to remind myself that many of them are in the department store level of collecting vs many of us here are in the higher end level of collecting. Not saying anything negative about them, but it's just interesting to me how many of us here will pay for the quality most of the time even if it hurts at first, versus on the transformers forum they're like "that's crazy just for the HEAD! I could buy ___ amount of figures for that price"

These figures will have to be at least 3x better than Asmus for me to invest. I am interested and it will be nice to see prototypes that maintain the same quality at release. I won’t simply sell off the collection unless there’s 1:1 replacements and they seem worth the ordeal.

Part of Asmus’ appeal was/is the cost and the dioramas. I’m not sure having to pay twice the price seems exciting, at least initially. It’s going to take some time to get used to of course if I even take the plunge.

I hope Joker comes with the two head sculpts. I'd hate to have to choose between the smiling sculpt and the neutral face. I like the clean makeup with the neutral face, because that's what he looks like throughout the film, but the smiley face with the smeared makeup is just as iconic and how he looks in arguably the best scene/sequence in the film.

That is a pricey plan, but my hat's off to you.

$4,500 for the entire Fellowship at $500 a pop.
Huh, that is indeed pricey. It'd be quite the undertaking for whoever is set on such a displ-

*looks at my list of ~20 X-Related figures for my X-Men display, at 320€/figure, with characters like Apocalypse going for 500€, in the current economy, with prices surely to rise in the coming years*

why-didnt-i-think-of-that-donald-kimball.gif

If we told someone that we spend that much on dolls, they'd surely throw us in the loony bin.

Yeah, this change in the industry is a good thing. It's gonna make me more restrained. The Old King is dead (maybe, let's not be hasty), long live the King!

2005 Coco - “I just spent $150 on a 1/6 Batman figure. I’ll never do that again.”

2022 Coco after amassing over 100 high end 1/6 dollies -

View attachment 566196
I remember when I got my HT SM3 Spider-Man for just 130€, and the pricier figures, at about 250€ seemed like a huge commitment. I paid ~300€ for that BCS Tennant with his signature, and it felt like a big change in my habits, and I thought the figure a true grail. Last year I spent half a grand on a Thanos, in this economy...

doctor-strange-things-just-got-out-of-hand.gif

I remember when I got Sideshow’s Aragorn.
That’s what brought me into the world of 1/6. I want to say it was around $50. It was easily the most expensive figure I had ever bought in my life and spending $50 on it seemed like a crazy amount back then to me.

The one thing that you can count on with this hobby of ours is that there's always a "better" version coming out in the future. (Rising prices are a given for everything...)

I'm just growing tired of chasing the next "better" version of a figure, especially when my collection is so varied. If I was JUST collecting LOTR or Star Wars or Star Trek, etc., it would be fairly easy and affordable to keep the upgrade dance continuing perpetually. There are a number of fellow Freaks that are dedicated to one or two lines and can afford to pay for the dance. I may soon end up joining that chorus line.

I’m of the age now that I will have both kids in High School and hoo boy…that changes the budget! Slowing right down and just holding out for a few figures here and there. Mainly focusing on OT and LOTR with a couple Trek TWOK and the odd 80’s classics if they turn up in the future. Oh…and maybe Dune if the prices aren’t too high.

The one thing that you can count on with this hobby of ours is that there's always a "better" version coming out in the future. (Rising prices are a given for everything...)

I'm just growing tired of chasing the next "better" version of a figure, especially when my collection is so varied. If I was JUST collecting LOTR or Star Wars or Star Trek, etc., it would be fairly easy and affordable to keep the upgrade dance continuing perpetually. There are a number of fellow Freaks that are dedicated to one or two lines and can afford to pay for the dance. I may soon end up joining that chorus line.
I've often thought about such a strategy myself, but I wouldn't know where to even start. Nothing ever ends in these constantly milked IPs, so it's very easy for something to turn me off for a period of time. I couldn't pick just one or two franchises, because I don't really have any deep connection to those things; they're just pop entertainment that I came to enjoy at some points in my life, and still derive some enjoyment from a few of them today.

But that would certainly be more fun to collect. You'd not be that beholden to trying to juggle many lines that could be happening concurrently. You'd be free to try other scales and genres. There'd be less of a burden of completionism and more fun. And also the Sword Of Damocles that are newer versions would be an easier pill to swallow.

Could be a handy turn for lots of collectors, but one that's difficult to make.

Frankly, given how expensive I suspect this new line of figures will be, plus their seemingly diverse interests (though it is interesting out of the first 6 they tease that 3 are from LOTR...) I will probably pick up the few characters they make that are a significant upgrade and let Asmus fill in the rest of the line/characters. I can't imagine they will go as deep into the line as Asmus.
Though, having a higher-end company as competition might make Asmus take a few more risks to produce bigger/more extravagent pieces at a slightly higher cost - i.e Sauron, Thranduil on Throne. etc.

I pretty much joined that line already. I am all in on LOTR and will be getting some from Nanjin’s EXO lines for ST. It helps that HT is not putting out the classic SW figures and Marvel has been done to death. Now if an Indy line starts again. . .
I can't say I'm all in on LOTR, even though that is one of my main collectible lines. I'll consider their figures one at a time and be extremely picky. But I honestly don't see myself picking up any if the price is nuts.

I’m of the age now that I will have both kids in High School and hoo boy…that changes the budget! Slowing right down and just holding out for a few figures here and there. Mainly focusing on OT and LOTR with a couple Trek TWOK and the odd 80’s classics if they turn up in the future. Oh…and maybe Dune if the prices aren’t too high.
I felt/feel your pain. I invested in my two kids by putting them through private schools and now have one going through college. Fortunately, he earned an amazing scholarship which helps incredibly on the financial front.

I've often thought about such a strategy myself, but I wouldn't know where to even start. Nothing ever ends in these constantly milked IPs, so it's very easy for something to turn me off for a period of time. I couldn't pick just one or two franchises, because I don't really have any deep connection to those things; they're just pop entertainment that I came to enjoy at some points in my life, and still derive some enjoyment from a few of them today.

But that would certainly be more fun to collect. You'd not be that beholden to trying to juggle many lines that could be happening concurrently. You'd be free to try other scales and genres. There'd be less of a burden of completionism and more fun. And also the Sword Of Damocles that are newer versions would be an easier pill to swallow.

Could be a handy turn for lots of collectors, but one that's difficult to make.
I understand exactly. My collection(s) consist of several large lines: (Star Wars, LOTR, Star Trek, TDK, Terminator(s) and Space & Aviation as well as military themed figures). But I also have a large number of "one-offs" or small sets of figures that I picked up simply because I liked the films and they looked cool. Some, like "The Matrix" are really just a half-dozen figures. But most are single representations from films that I enjoyed, such as "The Rocketeer", "Oblivion", "Starship Troopers", "Blade Runner", "Mad Max", etc.

On numerous occasions, I've thought about how best to trim down the collection and it really comes down to whether I want to keep those large lines and sell off the smaller/one-offs or vice-versa. That's been my dilemma.

Frankly, given how expensive I suspect this new line of figures will be, plus their seemingly diverse interests (though it is interesting out of the first 6 they tease that 3 are from LOTR...) I will probably pick up the few characters they make that are a significant upgrade and let Asmus fill in the rest of the line/characters. I can't imagine they will go as deep into the line as Asmus.
Though, having a higher-end company as competition might make Asmus take a few more risks to produce bigger/more extravagant pieces at a slightly higher cost - i.e Sauron, Thranduil on Throne. etc.

That is a smart plan.

this is the same route i will take... an upgraded fellowship and gandalf the white are the piece i will aiming for...

I understand exactly. My collection(s) consist of several large lines: (Star Wars, LOTR, Star Trek, TDK, Terminator(s) and Space & Aviation as well as military themed figures). But I also have a large number of "one-offs" or small sets of figures that I picked up simply because I liked the films and they looked cool. Some, like "The Matrix" are really just a half-dozen figures. But most are single representations from films that I enjoyed, such as "The Rocketeer", "Oblivion", "Starship Troopers", "Blade Runner", "Mad Max", etc.

On numerous occasions, I've thought about how best to trim down the collection and it really comes down to whether I want to keep those large lines and sell off the smaller/one-offs or vice-versa. That's been my dilemma.
Exactly this. I often ask myself just how much I like a character, versus how much I like the idea of having the figure for completionism purposes. A part of this hobby's appeal is that we buy relatively high-end stand-ins for fictional characters and properties. And that makes things tricky. You may derive genuine personal enjoyment from a certain IP, but still be tempted to get figures from something like a cinema classic purely because of how important these characters are to the medium and pop culture. Then there's the "enjoyment scale", and having to choose between something that sits at a 10, and some 7s. And that just creates problems if you're trying to juggle it all. One can easily disregard something he has no interest in, but it's those things we (really) like but not exactly love that create problems.

I myself have expressed that I want to build an X-Men display with the MCU heading there. I'm not beholden to any particular iteration, so I'll just pick and choose. A Cyclops, a Jean, a Magneto, a Fantomex and so on. The problem is, I also have the Fantastic Four and the rest of Cosmic Marvel. And Star Wars, which I've already tried to restrain by limiting myself to the Jedi & Sith. But then there's Batman and maybe one day the DCEU will reach the Green Lantern corner and so on. On top of that, I'm drawn to certain classics and characters which, as you've said, act as one-offs. I've not watched any Trek beyond TOS, but still feel the need to get a Kirk and Spock. I bought a Dam Vito to put next to my BCS Tommy Shelby, even if I downright loathe the show at this point. I'll never buy a Predator because I was never a fan, but I'd still pull the trigger for a new T2 T-800 because he's that much of a classic. To keep it somewhat LOTR-related too, I've had the books sitting in my shelf for years. By the time the PO is put up, it's likely that I'll have read them and liked them a whole lot. Even now, purely due to the movies, Aragorn and Sauron tempt me. What will happen then? Will I drop the half a grand on Aragorn, being such an important fictional character, or will I buy another Batsuit because I'd already set up the Batshelf?

It's these things that really complicate the hobby, and sometimes I wish I could pick one or two things and stick with them. The problem is that none of it ever goes deep enough for me to commit. If I was getting High-End EU Star Wars, or Comic-Based 616/1610 Marvel figures, I'd be more likely to make a commitment. As it stands, I'm always cherrypicking since we're dealing with adaptations, and with this scale being what it is complete set-ups are never guaranteed. So this hodgepodge way of collecting ultimately makes more "sense", even if it's a much bigger hassle.

My current Lotr collection consists of GtG, Frodo and Gimli, with all I am satisfied with.
I still need Legolas and Aragorn to complete my collection. Unfortunately Asmus' effort for both didn't convince me. So the Legolas anouncement from INART is really welcome to me.
Even if INART's GtG is breath taking, it depends on the price. No way I'm gonna pay 600 USD to upgrade.

If they can carry over their headsculpts to 1/6 and not just statues without being absurdly expensive. Asmus will be in trouble.

Back