1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - LOTR Figures Wishlist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the silhouette looks like GTG, some one told me on FB that Queen Studios posted an image and it was of GtW. I asked to see the pic but no response.
You most likely saw the custom GTW by Viper who worked with Queen on their Artist Edition of the 1/4 TDK Joker statue (rooted hair and individually hand painted by him). Apparently, he's also doing the same for 1/6 scale. I'm guessing someone posted that pic of GTW just to show what Viper is capable of at 1/6 scale and what to expect for the 1/6 GTG.

You most likely saw the custom GTW by Viper who worked with Queen on their Artist Edition of the 1/4 TDK Joker statue (rooted hair and individually hand painted by him). Apparently, he's also doing the same for 1/6 scale. I'm guessing someone posted that pic of GTW just to show what Viper is capable of at 1/6 scale and what to expect for the 1/6 GTG.
No, I posted saying it was GtG and someone tried to correct me saying it's GtW because Queen Studios showed a pic showing GtW. I asked to see the pic but they never responded. As of right now I haven't seen any other teasers besides the silhouette and the two Joker pics they posted. I'm 💯 sure it's GtG

No, I posted saying it was GtG and someone tried to correct me saying it's GtW because Queen Studios showed a pic showing GtW. I asked to see the pic but they never responded. As of right now I haven't seen any other teasers besides the silhouette and the two Joker pics they posted. I'm 💯 sure it's GtG
ahh ok sorry about that. Trying to catch up on so many posts with both abbreviations (i.e. GTG/GTW), I must've gotten confused :lol

The big concern I have is them spreading themselves too thin over too many IPs, and never going deep on any one line. I am surely not interested in Legolas if at the very least there's no Aragorn and Gimli on the horizon.

To me, that's the positive for the cost of these figures. You really want to complete the Fellowship (again) when each figure is $500-$750?

CoordinatedVibrantKoodoo-size_restricted.gif

I only own Gandalf, though, the Asmus line never impressed me enough to go in.

In reality, I've never spent more than $400 for a single figure, even buying aftermarket prices, but I also think I'd be willing to pay for a bump in quality over what's out there already.

I still think there's a decent chance these aren't as pricey as people are guessing. A higher production number than their limited statue runs can lower the overall cost per item.

True, but of course these are guessimates for the purpose of comparison. Like rounding HT prices to $300, I'm rounding QS to $500. I would like very much for these dollies to come in lower, but for the level I want and based on what they've shown, I can't see these dolls coming in at less than $425.

As I mentioned somewhere, Joker might be a loss leader for them, so his price might not accurately reflect what's coming down the road.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the first few figures QS release at significantly lower priced than what they'll be pricing figures at later. Let's say the Joker is the first figure they put up for pre-order - if it's $400+ they're already pushing away a very significant chunk of people who might be interested. I see people walking away from the hobby now as Hot Toys approaches $300.

My honest guess is the Jokers and Gandalf and a few other figures will come out around $350 to generate buzz and gain some new fans, and shortly thereafter they'll jack the prices up big time. But I can't see them coming out of the gate at $500, that's going to drive away so many buyers. I don't think I could justify anything but Aragorn at that price.

We'll soon see.

I've heard it all before. "Once they cross the $100 border, I'm out".... "They'll never get to $200, too many people will be out"... "I'm out at $300"... and yet here we all are with only a lucky few having escaped this torment.

We'll soon see.

I've heard it all before. "Once they cross the $100 border, I'm out".... "They'll never get to $200, too many people will be out"... "I'm out at $300"... and yet here we all are with only a lucky few having escaped this torment.
Ouch and yet so true. Sadly there is a limit for me though. As prices have gone up I have gotten less and less quantity. Hopefully I am not priced out of these but I don’t know if I have enough left to cut back on if these are as expensive as I except them to be.

We'll soon see.

So true! I remember thinking DX06 Jack Sparrow was too much but I had to have it. I remember being like "wow $215?! but it's a DX and you get the Black Pearl wheel so I guess it's worth it. But if this is how much these are going to cost, I guess I won't be in this hobby much longer" yet I'm still here :lol Though, I am way more selective than a I used to be.

Yep. See? If the quality is there we'll all find ways to justify it and get out magnificent little dollie.

The real hands and real hair definitely pop me over the edge for more money.

I just don't see how Queen Studios is going to complete the fellowship. If they are huge LOTR fans, we might get Frodo and Sam. The two figures I am willing to pay a premium on are Aragorn and Legolas.

We'll soon see.

2005 Coco - “I just spent $150 on a 1/6 Batman figure. I’ll never do that again.”

2022 Coco after amassing over 100 high end 1/6 dollies -

77D80521-1C7E-4437-9AEF-2C3C44F827FA.gif

Back