1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - LOTR Figures Wishlist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not rich but I do well enough I guess. I will not be paying 1000 dollars for a figure. I won’t even be paying 500. 350-400 is about my limit. I think most collectors are about the same.
From what I understand, Queen Studios do not really want to do mass produced figures like Hot Toys (ten of thousands per release) and they will be happy if they get hundreds of pre-orders. The rooted version has 3 days pre-order window only. Believe me, there are many collectors who will pay the price, I am one of them and I have an average salary in my country. Having a couple of superb 10/10 figures is better than hoarding dozens of average ones.

View attachment 567547
With a release like this Asmus should really do all they can do improve as much as possible. This is a next-level player in 1:6 that easily competes with Hot Toys. Yes, the price for a double-pack might be premium but I believe that a big portion of collectors who collect Asmus figures will happily pay a premium if there is a reason to. Until now only Asmus was doing LOTR/Hobbit 1:6 figures so there was no other choice but I will gladly pay 1000 for double-pack Legolas with rooted hair and awesome diorama base, seamless arms, magnetic feet.
I honestly believe asmus can’t be in this level. They’ve been in the game for too long now and some figures they move a step forward and take two steps back in some. If they can’t compete with quality they should compete with price.

I saw the pics for the Joker but have they actually released the pricing?
I’m not rich but I do well enough I guess. I will not be paying 1000 dollars for a figure. I won’t even be paying 500. 350-400 is about my limit. I think most collectors are about the same.

They did. The price for 1 Joker figure with sculpted hair is around $290, double pack with sculpted hair is around $565, and double pack with rooted hair is around $943. Prices may vary depends on the retailer.
And it's not 1000 dollars for a figure. You'll get 2 figures.

Now I think their Gandalf won't be too far with Asmus' price.

They did. The price for 1 Joker figure with sculpted hair is around $290, double pack with sculpted hair is around $565, and double pack with rooted hair is around $943. Prices may vary depends on the retailer.
And it's not 1000 dollars for a figure. You'll get 2 figures.

Now I think their Gandalf won't be too far with Asmus' price.

Based on their price for the double rooted hair figures, we could expect their Gandalf to be 500 USD (+shipping).

Asmus' crown Gandalf was 350 USD shipped.

Based on their price for the double rooted hair figures, we could expect their Gandalf to be 500 USD (+shipping).

This is exactly what I'm expecting as well, around the $500 mark for rooted Gandalf. I fully expect the Queen Gandalf to look more like McKellen and generally look more realistic than Asmus in proportions and clothing, but it will come at a price.

It will be interesting to see how much Queen charges for other non-rooted characters. And if standard Joker is $300 with a painted sculpt, I could see their Nazgul being $250. That gets dangerously close to Asmus pricing, so this will be a threat for them either way. We as consumers can only win though, as more competition should mean better quality overall.

What everyone tends to forget or simply doesn't mention is that a rooted figure for 500 USD is in the end not 500 USD because with shipping and VAT and the custom duty brings it up to 600-700 USD approximately for 1 figure (depending on where you live).
Now that's 2-3 times the price of Asmus depending on which figure you look at. I am not saying they wont find their market share with it but it targets then the minority of collectors.
I have a pretty good salary in my country still I am only willing to buy 1-2 figures from them at this price. The big question is how their Aragorn and Legolas will look like, if those are excellent then I will buy Gimli from them too.

Last edited:

ah yes, if they are giving an option of sculpted hair for Gandalf, looking at the Joker price it might be a bit lower than Asmus. The rooted hair version would be higher. I'm interested to see their Gandalf because I don't have Asmus Gandalf.

Asmus downgrade from prototype to production for Gandalf has always left a bad taste in my mouth so I'll probably be interested in seeing what Queen does. It's still a great figure for the price but their downgrade on the sculpt and the ridiculous hat situation just wasn't right. I'll gladly pay $500-$600 if it looks to be the definitive Gandalf figure.

I believe VIPER is on the team for GTG and his previous Gandalf The White figure looked incredible so I'm excited to see what he does.

PTTaCDV.jpg

ySIuSvY.jpg

I have the gandalf the white figure from Viper and it is stunning. The combination of Viper, Queens Studio and Lotr is exciting... for the key characters at least otherwise my wallet will break!

Asmus downgrade from prototype to production for Gandalf has always left a bad taste in my mouth so I'll probably be interested in seeing what Queen does. It's still a great figure for the price but their downgrade on the sculpt and the ridiculous hat situation just wasn't right. I'll gladly pay $500-$600 if it looks to be the definitive Gandalf figure.

I believe VIPER is on the team for GTG and his previous Gandalf The White figure looked incredible so I'm excited to see what he does.

PTTaCDV.jpg

ySIuSvY.jpg
I really hope Asmus’ crown GTW comes close to this somehow …

Back