1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - LOTR Figures Wishlist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has InArt released any final production 1/6 figure yet? (For any figure?)
I'm not bothered by the price, but I'd like to know if they are capable of delivering something close to their prototypes.

I'm not bothered by the price, but I'd like to know if they are capable of delivering something close to their prototypes.
They have shown off production progress photos of Joker. The quality looks to be pretty close to their prototypes so it's looking promising. We'll see more production photos of the figures on Oct 15th when they do they Vegas event.

LRMiiX6.jpg

Well, you only have 8 days until you see the final production pieces of 3 out of 4 of the figures that are currently up for po. I doubt they'll put Aragorn up until after that as the hype will be huge if they've delivered on their current prototypes.

From what I've heard, there were about 15 000 preorders for the InArt Heath Ledger Joker, 5000 for Gandalf, and around 1500 for Pennywise.

Heath Leger is one of the most beloved characters, which is why so many people preordered. I know many local collectors who preordered when they don't even collect DC. DX11 is outdated and overpriced and collectors were waiting for the new Heath Leger Joker for many years.

Some Iron Man figures from Hot Toys, such as Infinity War Iron Man, were produced in tens of thousands.
I can corroborate that number for the Joker and these numbers aren't that shocking really, Hot Toys Iron-Men had production runs of over a 100 thousand units, why do folks think they take so long to release their stuff? I think Mysterio had a production run of about 20 000 units and he's not even a beloved character like Spidey or the other heroes.
1000-1500 is closer to common third party numbers, 5000 and above too in some cases.

I can corroborate that number for the Joker and these numbers aren't that shocking really, Hot Toys Iron-Men had production runs of over a 100 thousand units, why do folks think they take so long to release their stuff? I think Mysterio had a production run of about 20 000 units and he's not even a beloved character like Spidey or the other heroes.
1000-1500 is closer to common third party numbers, 5000 and above too in some cases.
That’s 15,000 split over all three versions, right? Rooted 2-pack, single sculpted and sculpted 2-pack. You’d have to think the numbers are still quite low for the rooted 2-pack, much higher numbers for the sculpted single. Either way when you break down the numbers it’s much less than it appears as they’re catering to two different crowds, those who want just the sculpted and those seeking the more premium option. It means that rooted hair 2-pack will still be quite rare.

Never in a million years would I have guessed they made over 100,000 pieces of the Iron Man figures. I know he’s popular in China but that’s bananas.

Even Mysterio at 20,000 blows my mind. I would have thought 5,000 at most.

Never in a million years would I have guessed they made over 100,000 pieces of the Iron Man figures. I know he’s popular in China but that’s bananas.

Even Mysterio at 20,000 blows my mind. I would have thought 5,000 at most.
Now you know why they can piss away thousands building 1/6 scale Millennium Falcons to show off and never be seen again.

Now you know why they can piss away thousands building 1/6 scale Millennium Falcons to show off and never be seen again.
And why it’s worth their time and effort to make every conceivable version of Iron Mam armor. It also makes a lot of sense why they don’t touch properties like LOTR and Star Trek. They probably cannot I’ve enough units to make it worth their time.

Yep volume is key. Tooling costs and R&D etc cost mega money. Hundreds of thousands. Therefore only the popular high runners get a look in.

They can spread some of that money into lower runners to bridge the gap. That's also why tooling and figure R&D re-use is so key. Whether it be Boba Fett variants, Iron Man variants or simply glow in the dark Iron Man figures it's all income using the same tooling & R&D.

Still doesn't explain oddities like Han Solo. But I guess that comes down to contracts and personalities.

Hahahaha they can't even get his name right and is that a black coat I see to go with his black hilt? Oh dear. Likeness looks promising however so I'm waiting with bated breath that they can deliver!

Back