1/6 Hoy Toys - TMS 087 - The Bad Batch - Clone Force 99: Crosshair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grabbed him with my latest "thank you" coupon. I always pray a new pre order pops up in those generous seven days they give you with those coupons now since new pre orders always getting added to the eligibility list. At least with Star Wars Hot Toys they always have. For a few days at least.

Also interesting development. Sideshow now offers military, teacher and first responder discounts of 15% off in stock items. No clue if that stacks with promos, but still a nice discount.

Last edited:
310479645_205344051849560_8379714220528755036_n.jpg

Damn that headsculpt looks so good ! They have to have a digital copy of the Morrison sculpt and tweak it for each variation they have. Amazing !!!

If anything I would only say his head should be elongated just a tad as it is in the show. But otherwise spot on.

Given the speed they're releasing these, I'm not sure I'd want to commit to the long journey to collect them all.
Having said that, this does look great. I'll see in 2024/25 when he's released if I'm still interested.

Given the speed they're releasing these, I'm not sure I'd want to commit to the long journey to collect them all.
Having said that, this does look great. I'll see in 2024/25 when he's released if I'm still interested.

I don't know which way to jump.

Cancel Echo and Hunter, or pre-order Crosshair and collect 'em all, because with these it's all or nothing.

The characters hold no meaning, but they look good. It's purely visual, and whatever new role I imagine them filling in the OT era.

Cancel Echo and Hunter, or pre-order Crosshair and collect 'em all, because with these it's all or nothing.

The characters hold no meaning, but they look good. It's purely visual, and whatever new role I imagine them filling in the OT era.
Yep this is where I am at as well. I guess if the next Season is killer good then I may change my mind.

Normally I need some decent attachment to the source material, but they do look cool. Anyway we have time.

The way I look at it, the Clone Wars era is some of the best Star Wars that's been put out. Well, after the first two seasons anyway. These guys are directly tied to that era, and they're also going to see the shift into the OT era, which is obviously peak Star Wars. If the squad bridges the gap between my two favorite parts of Star Wars, it's worth the investment for me, especially when they look this good.

I never intended to try to get them all. Plan was, for Hunter to represent the group within my smallish clone collection.
He most resembles the standard clone commando armour so I chose him.
But... Crosshair looks good. So did the Tech and Wrecker we were shown. Could easily see myself getting Wrecker but then I've got the same problem. At that point I'd need to get them all.
Like you, don't really care about the characters, they just look cool and I'm trying to reign in my collection to be just the things I really connect with, not just the latest cool looking figure from a D+ show.

I never intended to try to get them all. Plan was, for Hunter to represent the group within my smallish clone collection.
He most resembles the standard clone commando armour so I chose him.
But... Crosshair looks good. So did the Tech and Wrecker we were shown. Could easily see myself getting Wrecker but then I've got the same problem. At that point I'd need to get them all.
Like you, don't really care about the characters, they just look cool and I'm trying to reign in my collection to be just the things I really connect with, not just the latest cool looking figure from a D+ show.
That was my plan too. I figured I’d get Hunter, display him with Rex, Cody and Jesse (and my 501st troopers). Then sit back and wait for ARC Echo, ARC Fives, Wolffe, Fox, Kix and then Howser.

I think this Crosshair changed that. It’s too good to pass up. Which means if Wrecker or Tech pops up I’ll have to get one of them so I have three for a trio display. But then I’ll just feel compelled to get all five.

But like I said above, I like the squad. They’re cool designs with cool skill sets. The show could be better in some aspects but it’s also not terrible, and it bridges the CW/OT gap nicely.

Hopefully Wrecker or Tech pop up soon so I can hop on Echo if need be.

But why?

Back