1/6 Hoth Luke WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katkuru

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've been inspired by the Hoth Han's of late, so I thought I'd take a crack at Luke. This is what I have so far, BBI body, SS gauntlets, Hasbro every thing else. Next will be a repaint of the head and weathering of the uniform,cap and gloves. Any ideas how to simulate snow on the uniform?

DSC00681.jpg

DSC00683.jpg

I love the gloves they came out looking amazing. As for fake snow im not sure tbh, maybe you can use Scenic Snow from Deluxe Materials, thats what most railway and military dio makers use. I have a kit of it for my AT-AT, when i get round to doing it.

.... snow hummm tough one. I think Chakaman did a great job with his Hoth Han... I am sure he would be able to suggest something. White chalks maybe...

The SS Glove are so good. I wish I could get some for my Han and Luke, and Luke pilot and my Tie pilots..... hummm

Mate Luke is looking great and I really like the gloves that you used and as for snow you have a few choices.

1: Woodland scenics snow (hobby shops in rail way section)
2: Games workshop snow (Games worksop retail shops)
3: plaster of paris sprinkled thru a sivve.
4: baking soda and sprinkled thru a sivve

Ron

Thanks for all the tips guys, i was going to try those spray on snow for your windows, these are much more cheaper alternatives. Keep you all posted on my progress, still working on the repaint and weathering.:banana

Ok, this is what he looks like now. I've repainted the head, gear and uniform. Added the Sideshow boots, belt and saber. Still need to snow him up and work on his Taun Taun. Not totally happy with the head repaint, but a humble beginning.
DSC00803-1.jpg

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00793.jpg

great work kat. that repainted head actually looks really good. really well done, he turned out great!

Yeah, no doubt. Super job on the repainted face. The outfit ain't too shabby either! Super talent on the SW board.

Awesome Luke. Really nicely done.....Here are some Hoth inspired guys I did a bit back. Luke is just a standard Hasbro version but the Wampa is reworked(nothing special) and the Taun Taun has been repainted and haired. I'll try to get better pics of the Taun but that is all I had available right now.

Last edited:
Woo hoo! That's a mighty fine Taun Taun Deathstalker!
Makes me want to go look on the 'bay'... Must resist!!!!

Thanks for the compliment Darthgothikus. It's made the same way I did your Chewie. Just takes about 4x longer. Taun Tauns r big. Loving the droids you and Mark are putting out by the way. Great and inspiring work...

Awesome Luke. Really nicely done.....Here are some Hoth inspired guys I did a bit back. Luke is just a standard Hasbro version but the Wampa is reworked(nothing special) and the Taun Taun has been repainted and haired. I'll try to get better pics of the Taun but that is all I had available right now.

Very cool! I was going to add hair to my Taun Taun, too. What adhesive did you use for this?

Sean

Sean, just use a clear drying Tacky Glue like Elmers. Not their normal school type stuff. Usually available at craft of hobby shops.

WOW....Incredible Deathstalker!!!!,
The taun taun looks super real.... post some close up pics of luke...

Now they are very nice :D

Back