1/6 Hot Toys -TMS056 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett and Throne (REPAINT ARMOR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do wish the single version came with the unmasked portrait.

Are you not getting Sarlacc-escape Fett and Monk Fett 2-pack?

When Fett first acquires his acid-stained armor, that fight sequence can't be beat as the best Boba Fett moment -- all his skills and weapons on display.

When wearing the repainted armor, Fett basically pilots his ship, that's it, his only action comes from being Fett-flipped by Koska. Granted, his best single bit is killing Fortuna and taking his seat on the throne with that music cue. Great intro to his show... but the Sarlacc-escape armor really has the best Boba Fett battle-sequence ever.

There is something to the paint app on the Repaint armor that others have pointed out just doesn't look right. The armor from the show looks like it was painted with a sprayer, very even and thin matte look. The armor we see from Hot Toys looks like if you were to paint the armor with a somewhat dried paint brush, kind of a sticky look to it.

Please let Mandalorians become the new Iron Man.
It has already begun! I see that Death Watch Mando armor and body recolored constantly.

There is something to the paint app on the Repaint armor that others have pointed out just doesn't look right. The armor from the show looks like it was painted with a sprayer, very even and thin matte look. The armor we see from Hot Toys looks like if you were to paint the armor with a somewhat dried paint brush, kind of a sticky look to it.

It has already begun! I see that Death Watch Mando armor and body recolored constantly.
Yeah and people are saying it’s “more realistic this way” with the lumpy bumpy rough paint job, I don’t give a ****, I want it to look how it did in the show.

So Sideshow shutting them down, AND Sideshow putting a extremely short timer on exclusives, still isn’t bothering anyone?

edit: Annnnd it just all so happens on the same day?!
Oh it’s bothering me, I hate scummy business practices, in this industry, in gaming, etc. But unfortunately Sideshow have a monopoly, and there aren’t really any alternatives.

Oh it’s bothering me, I hate scummy business practices, in this industry, in gaming, etc. But unfortunately Sideshow have a monopoly, and there aren’t really any alternatives.

The shutting down Toys Wonderland thing seems pretty shifty to me. I know they have distribution rights in US and Europe but are they planning on shutting down all Hong Kong retailers that ship outside the far East?
Not sure about the legalities of it.

So Sideshow shutting them down, AND Sideshow putting a extremely short timer on exclusives, still isn’t bothering anyone?

edit: Annnnd it just all so happens on the same day?!
Notice the $25 coupon popped on their site today. Trying to buy people from the bad news perhaps?
Monopolies always abuse their power. I remember my local comic shop owner always complaining about Diamond and their hold on distribution of comics/other collectibles. Their customer service was garbage and return policy on damaged comics was laughable. He had to hang onto a store full of boxes and could only ship them back when they requested. Pathetic. It finally has caught up to them with DC and Marvel.

The shutting down Toys Wonderland thing seems pretty shifty to me. I know they have distribution rights in US and Europe but are they planning on shutting down all Hong Kong retailers that ship outside the far East?
Not sure about the legalities of it.
Legally they have no footing, TW/TBA/Pop Collectibles/etc. aren't distributers, they are resellers who buy the product with their own money and retail price and then sell it off. It's no different from me buying a figure and then later selling it to you. I wonder if Sideshow wanna sue me for selling their Jean Grey PF years ago.

The Hot Toys makes Boba seem lazy by simply painting over the old paint. He sanded down/removed all of the old paint and repainted it in the show but they don't have that in the sculpt.

I feel it's a significant expression for a "rebirth" phase in Boba's story and I would have been more excited for the product had Hot Toys represented that.

The Hot Toys makes Boba seem lazy by simply painting over the old paint. He sanded down/removed all of the old paint and repainted it in the show but they don't have that in the sculpt.

I feel it's a significant expression for a "rebirth" phase in Boba's story and I would have been more excited for the product had Hot Toys represented that.
he did paint over the old paint, its just not as obvious as HTs
Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 4.15.45 pm.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 4.14.54 pm.png

he did paint over the old paint, its just not as obvious as HTs View attachment 531929View attachment 531928

Yeah there are definitely patches of rougher textures on the armour in the show. Looks like he sanded off 70% - 80% of the old paint and texture, then painted over it, just leaving a few patches of it. The helmet looks pretty clean and smooth especially.
Hot Toys left 100% of the texture.
If they "fix" it, I hope they don't go 100% smooth.

Yeah there are definitely patches of rougher textures on the armour in the show. Looks like he sanded off 70% - 80% of the old paint and texture, then painted over it, just leaving a few patches of it. The helmet looks pretty clean and smooth especially.
Hot Toys left 100% of the texture.
If they "fix" it, I hope they don't go 100% smooth.
yeah i can agree to that, def not as textured as before the repaint, a pretty halfass job on boba's part

Back