1/6 Hot Toys -TMS056 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett and Throne (REPAINT ARMOR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FF2F417F-F306-4EC0-9F9D-6A04A632A6DA.png
I’m not very amused that these timers just popped up, without notice, on some exclusive preorders.

kinda ****** up.

and I just spent all my fun money on a full ig-11 payment, instead of a payment plan.

bastards 😭

It's only a window for the versions with the hologram Razor Crest and Slave 1.
Or Iron Strange, with his sword. Thats a bigger deal then holograms, and messed up. And I want the holograms anyways, love extra accessories lol.
This ain’t a trend I want to see.

when I talked to sideshow, they said it’s because of “heavy site traffic”.

Attachments

• D21975F0-94EA-4D15-998D-7A16AA8F62F7.jpeg
    D21975F0-94EA-4D15-998D-7A16AA8F62F7.jpeg
    251.1 KB · Views: 47
Hot Toys posts preorder teases very randomly, and sometimes multiple at once. Which sideshow now almost has immediately put up on their site now right after.

Between people who don’t like to preorder, and for people on lower budgets, this just kinda feels like shots fired towards them 😂

I dont like this one bit.

Just a 6/7 day crunch to decide to preorder, or pay the nrd, is a bit extreme.

For exclusives they used to just sell out without warning, sometimes rather quickly.
Yes, but that hasn’t been much of a issue in years, that I can recall.

And even if it was, running out of exclusive stock, is much different then forcing people to lock in to get it, or else.

imo.

And even if it was, running out of exclusive stock, is much different then forcing people to lock in to get it, or else.

imo.

You do understand that as Asta pointed out you will still be able to buy the figure right? It's just the holograms of the Razor Crest and Slave 1 that disappear.

imo.
It’s only for the stupid bonus accessories that are thrown in for “free”, it doesn’t matter.

The holograms are “stupid” sure….
But on other figures I think there are more valuable offerings, being windowed.

and it always can start off like this, with the accessories. And once that goes well, then they turn to the Premium Bandai model 😂, and everyone loses.

but I do get what your saying, really!

I mean, if a couple of little holographic ships are gunna keep me from wanting the figure, maybe I didn’t want the figure in the first place.

but I just don’t like this being a added practice, especially without any official warning or anything.

But you are right, exclusives dry out either way, and they are just “stupid” ships in the end 😂

The holograms are “stupid” sure….
But on other figures I think there are more valuable offerings, being windowed.

and it always can start off like this, with the accessories. And once that goes well, then they turn to the Premium Bandai model 😂, and everyone loses.

but I do get what your saying, really!

I mean, if a couple of little holographic ships are gunna keep me from wanting the figure, maybe I didn’t want the figure in the first place.

but I just don’t like this being a added practice, especially without any official warning or anything.

But you are right, exclusives dry out either way, and they are just “stupid” ships in the end 😂

I don't really care about the hologram exclusives for repainted Boba but a couple of the other figs announced, the armoured Dr Strange and Deadpool I think it was, came with more substantial looking accessories that if I was going to get those figures, I would definitely want.
Having said that, I'm in the UK so its just not cost effective to buy from Sideshow so I miss out on these SS exclusive accessories anyway.

Don't sweat it! Deep breaths please... we're here for you brother!

So, I agree with everyone here. These kind of bonus trinkets are not what makes a SW collection special. It's comes over time collecting your favorite characters, building up your display with care and attention, being selective and patient. None of these flash offers are worth stressing over. If you want it then do go ahead and preorder the Exclusive, or just wait and preorder Collectors Edition when you feel ready.

Time limiting the Exclusive is just an age old business ploy to place pressure on you. You have a choice to look past this obvious hype tactic and keep your collecting enjoyable with a balanced perspective.

Last edited:
This exists artificially force you to rush and buy things.

Obviously I wouldn't put something you really want in the balance here, but I have a sneaking suspicion that these will be available again after the six days. I'm sure sideshow will send a "here's your second shot" email after a period of being unavailable.

I don't really care about the hologram exclusives for repainted Boba but a couple of the other figs announced, the armoured Dr Strange and Deadpool I think it was, came with more substantial looking accessories that if I was going to get those figures, I would definitely want.
Having said that, I'm in the UK so its just not cost effective to buy from Sideshow so I miss out on these SS exclusive accessories anyway.
Does Popcultcha, or another distributer on that side of the pond not have any exclusive distribution rights?

Back