1/6 Hot Toys -TMS056 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett and Throne (REPAINT ARMOR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT too busy making absolute garbage. I hope they get burned by Marvel phase 4 figures in they same manner as the ST figures.

Oh, [them getting burned] is gonna go down. That, I strongly predict.

The problem with phase 4 is that we dont have a Tony Stark as frontman, nor an absolutely likeable and awesome guy like Cap as frontman, either. We have who? Spidey...? Now Spidey is worthy, true enough but he lacks the gravitas to be the anchor of phase 4. He's too young. But that is just me! I look at phase 4 and just think: what the hell is going on here, does Marvel even know?

It'll be interesting to see how well these What If figures do, figures no one even asked for. I'm guess not that well, not at the prices HT is asking now. You know, $100-150 for a cool-looking figure is one thing. $300, dunno.

p.s. WHERE IS OUR BOOK TRAILER DAMMIT

Prefer that the armor be a bit smoother, myself. But WHAT a display. The only thing missing is my girl Fennec. Seriously, give her up HT! Its past time.
I have a feeling that background cardboard piece is something we'll get with it. Seems to be a thing with the Armourer, and of course many others.

Could look a bit cheap in reality, however I was contemplating 3D printing a BBQ. I've already started on my Jabba's stone pedestal from hard core foam. $10 or less from hardware store. Still have to get the brown material for the floor throws.

But yeah, imagine that with Bossk, Fennec, Cade Bane (and any other Bounty Hunter scum that they bring to the show) standing where those other figures are positioned. EPIC !!

The problem with phase 4 is that we dont have a Tony Stark as frontman, nor an absolutely likeable and awesome guy like Cap as frontman, either. We have who? Spidey...? Now Spidey is worthy, true enough but he lacks the gravitas to be the anchor of phase 4. He's too young. But that is just me! I look at phase 4 and just think: what the hell is going on here, does Marvel even know?

It'll be interesting to see how well these What If figures do, figures no one even asked for. I'm guess not that well, not at the prices HT is asking now. You know, $100-150 for a cool-looking figure is one thing. $300, dunno.

Yep totally agree. 2022 will be owned by Star Wars !!!

Book of Boba trailer will be at Disney+ event in 2 weeks I reckon. Got to be !

edit : 12th Nov

Yep totally agree. 2022 will be owned by Star Wars !!!

Book of Boba trailer will be at Disney+ event in 2 weeks I reckon. Got to be !

edit : 12th Nov

I didnt know that was upcoming, agree that this will be when we see the trailer. And its going to break the internet.

Assuming the spread shown fits in a Detolf, I'd put Fennec on the throne with B. of course and I want Bossk and Dengar AT LEAST, if we get Zuckuss and 4-LOM thats gonna be a problem, a big problem for wallets everywhere. What if we got a Twi'lek dancing girl, I'd put her in there Leia-style too assuming positioning allowed, it'd be tres' cool to have a beautiful Twil'lek and she could fit in with many displays. Why cant we get **** like that instead of so much of this stupid crap HT is doing now, of course this is a question OT diehards have been asking for decades.

Completely agree. Spidey was great as the sidekick to Tony/RDJ but he isn't suitable to do the heavy lifting like Iron Man and Cap. "What If" is pure silliness, suitable for Funko Pops only.

Now where the F is Fennec and Cobb?

Last edited:
I didnt know that was upcoming, agree that this will be when we see the trailer. And its going to break the internet.

Assuming the spread shown fits in a Detolf, I'd put Fennec on the throne with B. of course and I want Bossk and Dengar AT LEAST, if we get Zuckuss and 4-LOM thats gonna be a problem, a big problem for wallets everywhere. What if we got a Twi'lek dancing girl, I'd put her in there Leia-style too assuming positioning allowed, it'd be tres' cool to have a beautiful Twil'lek and she could fit in with many displays. Why cant we get **** like that instead of so much of this stupid crap HT is doing now, of course this is a question OT diehards have been asking for decades.
Um, unfortunately not much chance of fitting into a Detolf. The pedestal base size I made (taken from screen shots from SS events) and the Throne dimension itself leaving enough room for a figure (like Fennec) to stand on either side is 58cm (22,8 inches) wide. If you look at the "real" Disney+ footage Jabba's pedestal is even wider !!

So looks like it would definitely be a "Top of the Detolfs display". I think it'll be a tight squeeze just with the throne and Boba in a Detolf.

With a bit of luck you'll be able to fit the throne and Fennec in. But don't have Detolfs myself. So not sure.

The throne Is listed as 38 cm wide so should fit. Obvs there’s no pedestal

From the Summer Never Ends SG Show Case 2021:
View attachment 543334
ac1-jpg.543334

From the trailer thread: Another running change between Mando season 2 finally Fett, and season 1 Book of Fett, besides the face (now cleared scars and grown back eyebrows) on the outfit, the front leg draping gone, is his boot spats are now closer to the color of the gauntlets. Not sure if they will retroactively change that for this release? or that's an all new figure?
5soi04.gif

5soilt.gif

...................New color boot spats^

5sszrw.gif

also different belt (bullet loops)^ configuration, and the woven waist element seems to be gone.

Last edited:
Another running change between Mando season 2 finally Fett, and season 1 Book of Fett, besides the face (now cleared scars and grown back eyebrows) on the outfit, is his boot spats are now closer to the color of the gauntlets. Not sure if they will retroactively change that for this release?

There'll likely be no end to the tweaks. It's like superheroes changing their costumes for every film, so figure and statue companies have new opportunities to produce and sell more product.

I'm resigned to the fact that since 1980 Star Wars films and series have largely been advertisements for merchandise. Some are really well made ads, and other not so well made!

I tell myself I don't need new versions. Then I end up getting them. Lucas created a very addictive drug. :panic:

From the trailer thread: Another running change between Mando season 2 finally Fett, and season 1 Book of Fett, besides the face (now cleared scars and grown back eyebrows) on the outfit, the front leg draping gone, is his boot spats are now closer to the color of the gauntlets. Not sure if they will retroactively change that for this release? or that's an all new figure?
also different belt (bullet loops) configuration, and the woven waist element seems to be gone.

No way they change any of this current figure. Two big reasons: 1) People would be mad as they want the look from the end of Mando and 2) They'll undoubtedly double dip with the BoBF version with the tweaks. This is going to be their new Iron Man...

No way they change any of this current figure. Two big reasons: 1) People would be mad as they want the look from the end of Mando and 2) They'll undoubtedly double dip with the BoBF version with the tweaks. This is going to be their new Iron Man...

Boba Fett was/is the original repaint/variant figure king anyway so this is just nature’s natural order restoring itself.

Seeing there a differences in the costume (Just want to the update the Deulxe throne version to this updated looks) Just like i did with the S1 Beskar Mando with custom S2 Looks. But if Hot Toys making the Book of Bobba Fett Figure then i'm sure they will release it with some sort of new accessories and updated headsculpt with less scarred face. I wouldn't be surprised if it turn out true seeing that Hot Toys have done this many time before.

Seeing there a differences in the costume (Just want to the update the Deulxe throne version to this updated looks) Just like i did with the S1 Beskar Mando with custom S2 Looks. But if Hot Toys making the Book of Bobba Fett Figure then i'm sure they will release it with some sort of new accessories and updated headsculpt with less scarred face. I wouldn't be surprised if it turn out true seeing that Hot Toys have done this many time before.

Yeah, the sooner people accept the fact that Throne Room Boba from season 2 and The Book of Boba figures are two completely different figures, it only becomes a matter of if you can wait two years for that BOBF specific figure.

Yeah, the sooner people accept the fact that Throne Room Boba from season 2 and The Book of Boba figures are two completely different figures, it only becomes a matter of if you can wait two years for that BOBF specific figure.
It be awesome if Hot Toys give us the optional looks of Season 2 Mandalorian or his updated look of Book of Boba Fett, They did it with Arkham Knight but i doubt Hot Toys would do that.

I'm just grateful that the changes seem to be pretty minor so far. I don't see anything yet that would warrant buying a new figure, although obviously the outfit could get upgraded even more later on...

I’m already making plans on customizing it hopefully the Kama is a separate piece to the pant or else I have to make one myself.
(I hate the baggy pant looks on the show so I made a slim fit pant hopefully he’s not too chunky to fit onto it)
AD1097A1-543C-49C2-B052-D0A69744CFE8.jpeg

Welp what do we think? Will Hot Toys update this guy to match the BoBF version or leave it as is?

Back