1/6 Hot Toys -TMS056 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett and Throne (REPAINT ARMOR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just me or does the paint look more smooth and how it should look compared to the rough paint app we saw on the previous protos at the cons?

I believe Hot Toys updated the armor to have a smoother texture to be more accurate.

244433954_10158975827574145_7280207096871539107_n.jpg
244651246_10158975827679145_2910714514799806058_n.jpg

The armor does look more accurate. Also (as noted somewhat off-topic in the Boba 2-pack thread) -- relaxed hand sculpts! Finally!

I still like the post Sarlacc armor Boba wore in his first episode back in the armor more but man, thing this and throne will have such a presence in one's collection.

I really hope they sell that dais and the backdrop similar to the Navarro diorama

I still like the post Sarlacc armor Boba wore in his first episode back in the armor more but man, thing this and throne will have such a presence in one's collection.
I love how the hosts were like [basically] "Look at all this Mandalorian stuff, now is the time to be figuring out how your collection is going to look!" Yeah like we dont know already. Its going to be chaos.

p.s. that Sideshow Mando PF looked more ridiculous than ever. Can you even look at that thing and not hear "Stayin' ALIIIIIIII-HIVE!" in your head. I dont want to hear the Bee Gees when I look at a $600 PF

I love how the hosts were like [basically] "Look at all this Mandalorian stuff, now is the time to be figuring out how your collection is going to look!" Yeah like we dont know already. Its going to be chaos.

p.s. that Sideshow Mando PF looked more ridiculous than ever. Can you even look at that thing and not hear "Stayin' ALIIIIIIII-HIVE!" in your head. I dont want to hear the Bee Gees when I look at a $600 PF

Sideshow is such hit and miss on their PF's. I love their Ahsoka and I'm counting down the days until I get it (fingers crossed for light up white sabers) but that Mando is just so bad.

Hoping they give us that backdrop even though it’s cardboard with Fennecs release. Will just add more to the display with the throne

The question is when are they gonna sell that Jabba throne/slab :lol
I already bought myself a piece of housing insulation hardboard. Score in some lines and push it against a rough surface for some rock type contours, paint her up roughly, cut out a couple of brown rags up and Bobs your Uncle !

If you look closely Sideshow didn't even go to that effort. It looks like it's a printed transfer stuck on.

Rancor gargoyles are a bit more difficult, but that's where my 3D printer and a bit of wire wrapped around a pen or something comes into play. Will probably even 3D print the BBQ if there is room in my display towards the back.

The bigger question is when are they gonna release Fennec. We all know she's in the show, I just want them to reduce the time between the show ending, and her arriving ! Get on it Hot Toys !!

244651246_10158975827679145_2910714514799806058_n.jpg

I already bought myself a piece of housing insulation hardboard. Score in some lines and push it against a rough surface for some rock type contours, paint her up roughly, cut out a couple of brown rags up and Bobs your Uncle !
Terminator Smiling GIF.gif

But seriously, that sounds like an excellent plan. Looking forward to seeing how you do it. I do have a feeling that someone will come out with at least a molded plastic version of the setup. As cool the Hot Toys set looks, it looks bare-boned without the rest of the dio pieces.

From the Summer Never Ends SG Show Case 2021:

ac1.jpg
ac2.jpg

Looks like the proto version with the rough armour. I think Sideshow had the one with the smoother sculpting.

From the Summer Never Ends SG Show Case 2021:

View attachment 543334View attachment 543335

Looks like the proto version with the rough armour. I think Sideshow had the one with the smoother sculpting.

Prefer that the armor be a bit smoother, myself. But WHAT a display. The only thing missing is my girl Fennec. Seriously, give her up HT! Its past time.

Back