1/6 Hot Toys -TMS044 - The Mandalorian: The Armorer (2021 Toy Fair Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow's still listing this as "Sep 2021 - Nov 2021" ship date; wonder if we'll honestly see them ship any before October.

Sideshow's still listing this as "Sep 2021 - Nov 2021" ship date; wonder if we'll honestly see them ship any before October.
I typically get the "shipping soon" email about a week before it ships, so unless we see that in the next three days, it's at least October. Wait times have become crazy with the pandemic and shipping backlogs...

I typically get the "shipping soon" email about a week before it ships, so unless we see that in the next three days, it's at least October. Wait times have become crazy with the pandemic and shipping backlogs...
Although it seems they've gotten better recently? Sideshow's been shipping out Mysterio figures for some weeks now already - both figures were released in Hong Kong about a month ago.

The armorer. Cool character and figure, not feeling like having it in the collection though. Guess I'll have second thoughts when it's $800 on eBay.
I'm in the same boat. Same for the heavy infantry figure. Cool figures but after surviving the initial impulse buy phase, I'm fine without them. (until I want them...) :wink1:

The armorer. Cool character and figure, not feeling like having it in the collection though. Guess I'll have second thoughts when it's $800 on eBay.
One of the benefits of impulse buying some of these figures. If their luster wears off you can always be the seller of one of those $800 figures on eBay. Only thing I've ever really profited from were the Rogue One figures. I got so ticked that they never released Baze that I sold off the bunch including the Shoretrooper.

Forever in our hearts

Attachments

• 9434374B-D9B0-4F8D-8B25-8EE4F8D926A2.jpeg
    9434374B-D9B0-4F8D-8B25-8EE4F8D926A2.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 55
I really can’t pull the trigger on this figure with the subpar body. How much would a cheap replacement body cost?

I think $60 USD @DakRen (don't quote me in that).

TBLeague/Phicen/Jiao bodies are hovering $80-$90(?) USD. Star Ace is $50-$70 USD (?) but the pegs are most likely different) and there are different type of bodies that are classified.

Try Very Cool, Villa bodies, et al, however the pegs may not fit the HT ones as you might have to drill the attachment holes to make the HT pegs fit.

Don't use Pop Toys X-ing bodies as the pegs are totally different unless you want to drill to it make it fit.

Edit: 3zero wrist pegs are famous for cracking (when the figure is brand new), so get extra ones just in case if you don't want to drill it out if it breaks and part if it is stuck inside to what its attached to. Warm it up before futzing with it.

I have read that Pop Toys wrist pegs are trash as it can't hold up anything that it fairly heavy as a small die cast katana blade.

Last edited:
She finally arrived. According to the tracking she only went into the postal system on Monday.

As expected she wasn't a particularly exciting or inspiring figure out of the box, but she does grow on you the more you look at her.

Among the various shades of brown my eyes are drawn to the gadgets on her belt. They're really quite fine and detailed.

There isn't a hand that will hold the tongs properly. Hot Toys must've fudged it for their photos as it only starts to grip when the handles widen closer to the pincers. But I do like the pair of relaxed hands as the finger placement is very natural, and also suggestive of some impending action she's about to take. I won't bother with a body or arm swap, but for now will stick with the pose in the second photograph which implies something's about to happen, without actually needing the arms to depict it!

51503357845_9f191bae13_o.jpg

51503162129_c475fdd668_o.jpg

(The horse looks like she's expecting to be be shod by the new smithy!)

Is the pants futzable like the proto shot?

Yes, you can pull them up out the gaiters so you can work wrinkles into them. It takes a bit of force to release them.

Something I meant to mention earlier was the waist grabber. It seems like a really bad choice because it has to grip around pleather, and that's likely to damage it eventually.

I put in a crotch grabber instead and it works perfectly.

I am still waiting on this from Sideshow but from what I can tell I think I'll be most bothered that the fur she is wearing isn't more screen accurate. It is ridiculous that they used those arms though. But honestly I'm just glad that HT bothered to make her at all.

I'm hesitant to purchase a replacement body after being told that the TBLeague m33 would be a good replacement for the Mando body, and then his shirt wouldn't go over the new figure's shoulders and the helmet wouldn't attach to the neck properly.

I'm hesitant to purchase a replacement body after being told that the TBLeague m33 would be a good replacement for the Mando body, and then his shirt wouldn't go over the new figure's shoulders and the helmet wouldn't attach to the neck properly.

That is the incorrect body to use @r3zuri on Din Jarin. Check out this helping hint from @Stryker2011 on Onesixthwarriors.

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/threads/best-male-figures-for-kitbashing.866852/#post-4876218
A fair amount of members are in there also if you do more digging and there's a boatload of 1/6th figures that are not covered in Collector's Freak. ;)

I've been also poking into that website too as I have another fellow collector that posts on there of his kit bashes.

Congratulations on getting this in. Happy to see the three of them together.

I know I harp about this a lot, but boy does this picture really illustrate the lack of forethought and consistency Hot Toys has with the stands for the Star Wars line.

I feel like it’s only getting worse.

It's as though HT imagine every figure as an individual that's going to be displayed isolated. Though, even then some of their choices don't make sense.

I liked the old days when they came with black oval bases. Everything was uniform, and everybody on the same level. The exceptions were the fully sculpted diorama bases, but even those could look more 'connected' than the variety of tops utilised for their oblong stands.

Back