1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 078 - The Book of Boba Fett: Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed myself but don't care as much but I manged to get it into the holster accurately.

Was hoping to find a headcast on onesixthkit but market seems a bit stagnant, didn't we used to see head shrink or repaints of most HTs heads? Really want a Fett shrink of the 1/4 or a repaint of the deluxe with eye brows

Got him yesterday from TBA. Played with him a bit today. Very hard to get to sit down, but pretty happy overall. Now the 1:6 Fett era is done for me (he‘s #21) unless HT decides to tackle the prototype or concept arts.

Bit worried about the holster, though. Pistol barely fits in there and pokes outward.

He looks so good on the throne in your pic that I kicked Repainted Fett off it. It’s BoBF’s throne now.

IMG_6493.jpeg

He‘s the reason I bought the throne in the first place. Repaint Boba on it didn‘t (and still doesn‘t) feel right to me.

I don’t hate TBOBF and I like the armor from the show. But the Mando palace stinger is a more epic Fett scene than most anything in the show.

So that’s a very good reason for me to have Repaint Fett on the throne.

IMG_3437.gif

Arrived yesterday, slammed w/ work so one quick shot & a few thoughts...

FETT AT THE GATE.jpg

Nice finale to the BOBF line here. Everything just looks more....lux. What would have sent this into grand finale territory would have been that ever present elephant in the room. A new head sculpt of "post-bacta" Boba (this quarter scale one shrunk down would've been GREAT). And damn it, WHY another flight stand? I hate these worse than the over used sandprint bases. A themed stand similar to the forthcoming Vanth would have been really cool.

But...it looks great. Switched those spats right out of the box...easy. The gaffi-stick holder is a little flimsy, but glad to have it.
More thoughts and pics over the weekend. Keep the shots coming, gang!

I’m guessing we have at least three more iterations of Mando and Boba coming in the next two years. HT loves those cash cows

Always a Boba to do, or redo

As for Mando, I could see a credit version, or a goofy summer exclusive like grey scale or clean chrome artisan edition
That.

Think Iron Man and Batman. You can always add a head to the brown Spatz boba and voila, new release.

There’s a handful on Boba iterations they haven’t done yet so those are all always a possibility. As far as Din, I say he’s on the shelf until season 4. Season 3 gave Hot Toys a plethora of possible releases.
Kinda agree, they already included some of the major parts of Din's weapons from S3 with the new IG-12 figure apart from the duel blasters. I really don't get why they didn't include a mask less boba sculpt but It makes it easier for me in some way not to pose with it.

Always a Boba to do, or redo

As for Mando, I could see a credit version, or a goofy summer exclusive like grey scale or clean chrome artisan edition

There’s a handful on Boba iterations they haven’t done yet so those are all always a possibility. As far as Din, I say he’s on the shelf until season 4. Season 3 gave Hot Toys a plethora of possible releases.

McQuarrie concept with 2 helmets (could even release as a Rebels Mando)
White Armor Prototype
Pre-production 2
Sarlacc Escape (all sandy)
Tusken Prisoner
1313 concept
Comic color variants (like Hasbro)
A correct animated one
RotJ with a better helmet

The list goes on.

McQuarrie concept with 2 helmets (could even release as a Rebels Mando)
White Armor Prototype
Pre-production 2
Sarlacc Escape (all sandy)
Tusken Prisoner
1313 concept
Comic color variants (like Hasbro)
A correct animated one
RotJ with a better helmet

The list goes on.

I’ve honestly always expected Hot Toys would be the first one to do the ROTJ SE. It’s so easy and is my personal favorite one behind his BoBF version.

Yes it was real surprising that HT didn't take advantage of the ROTJ 40th and pump out another version, even the SE one.
The ROTJ version still looks great...
FETT ON TATOOINE.jpg

...always had that awesome "man in a suit" vibe.

I am really enjoying this BOBF version...quite the evolution in the look...

BOBF -05.jpg

I wonder if any third party folks out there will offer a "post bacta" head sculpt? While the ones that came with the two previous versions would be tough to beat, I'd sure consider it if the quality was there. Such a missed opportunity from HT about that...

Last edited:
Ordered a few more hand sets from this guy, I think they are my favorite hands ever made truthfully, I want to make my own Mando some day and these are a nice start

Also parts on eBay are ridiculous, cant believe some of the prices I see there

Back