1/6 Hot Toys -TMS 068 - The Book of Boba Fett: Fennec Shand

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has become a standard procedure with them for a while to anticipate invoicing customers choosing NRD when preordering. A friend of mine paying preorders in full never gets "coming soon" notices. Just a shipping confirmation when the figure is leaving their warehouse.

By the way, Fennec is my last POed figure with KGH. From now on, my intent is to order only in stock item from them.

It has become a standard procedure with them for a while to anticipate invoicing customers choosing NRD when preordering. A friend of mine paying preorders in full never gets "coming soon" notices. Just a shipping confirmation when the figure is leaving their warehouse.

By the way, Fennec is my last POed figure with KGH. From now on, my intent is to order only in stock item from them.

Fennec was also the last figure I pre-ordered from them, and should've been cancelled just over a year ago.

They used to be good, but I wouldn't pre-order anything again either.

Does that mean you’ll be pre-ordering primarily from somewhere else or just hoping they will have what you want in stock after release?
The latter would be a risky strategy as they tend to fully sell out of the most popular stuff- plus in-stock prices are higher than the PO price.

Does that mean you’ll be pre-ordering primarily from somewhere else or just hoping they will have what you want in stock after release?
The latter would be a risky strategy as they tend to fully sell out of the most popular stuff- plus in-stock prices are higher than the PO price.

Customs have been very difficult with parcels coming from HK/China recently thus making buying overseas less an less attractive. I've been favoring local preorders for a year or son now but have also gone with OSK or TBA for a few select items i'm really looking forward to.

This is definitely hands down one of the best well made figures I have, she is fantastic! I’m looking at some pics from the thread gonna get some good pics later. Here’s a quick shot.

Attachments

• IMG_3464.jpeg
    IMG_3464.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Unsurprisingly, my Fennec from KGH didn't "START SHIPPIN ON 7TH DEC".

It wouldn't surprise me if they did wait until 2024. :lol

They've been very busy fulfilling Black Friday orders. Still waiting for my Fennec shipping notification as well. Got confirmation my Bespin Luke was shipped earlier today though (it was first rejected by customs 4 weeks ago and finally found its way back to KGH warehouse and resent today).

With some luck, Fennecs are just lying around in the warehouse waiting for the Black Friday bulk of parcels to be moved to the post office.

Mine was posted 21st as well but has only made it as far as being ‘handed over to carrier.’

That's what Aftership was reporting until a little while ago. Royal Mail's tracking was way ahead of it:

Tracking history​

Tuesday 26 December 2023
11:41
Item has left our International Processing Centre
LANGLEY HWDC, United Kingdom

11:21
Item Received

Item Received
Heathrow International LC

Saturday 23 December 2023
02:35
Item Leaving overseas
Hong Kong

Thursday 21 December 2023
06:34
Item received at
Hong Kong

Before it reported leaving Langley it said at the top of the page it was due for delivery tomorrow.

That's what Aftership was reporting until a little while ago. Royal Mail's tracking was way ahead of it:

Tracking history​

Tuesday 26 December 2023
11:41
Item has left our International Processing Centre

Item Received

Item Received
Heathrow International LC

Saturday 23 December 2023
02:35
Item Leaving overseas
Hong Kong

Thursday 21 December 2023
06:34
Item received at
Hong Kong

Before it reported leaving Langley it said at the top of the page it was due for delivery tomorrow.
Ha, nice.

I tried RM and it took me through to Parcel Force where there’s even less information.
1703625892482.png

But I’d expect nothing less.

I’ve also got Koska Reeves, AOTC R2D2, C3PO, and a Battle Droid on the way from KG, and it looks like they’ve packed them all up together so that’ll make for a decent late Xmas present.

Probably gonna stick Koska and Fennec straight on eBay though… Just not feeling anything outside of the OT, PT, and TCW (animated-style figures only) now.

She arrived safe and sound, even though KGH's packing is only slightly better than Sideshows: they put the shipper in a plastic bag.

IMG_1675.JPG

Pulled her out of the box and this caught my eye. Is it mould or weathering?

IMG_1676.JPG

IMG_1677.JPG

IMG_1678.JPG

It's mainly on that half of the belt - the other half looks clean - and on the side of her outfit above the belt.

I'm leaning towards mould because the belt looks shiny in reviews. Which draws the question where KGH are obtaining their figures from, how they were being stored, and how KGH are storing them in the weeks following the raising of the tracking number?

Meanwhile, the sculpt is another very good one:

IMG_1679.JPG

IMG_1680.JPG
IMG_1681.JPG
IMG_1682.JPG

Scanning the figure with a torch I'm pretty sure it was mildew. I was almost expecting it as I was unboxing her, considering these figures have been out for a while, combined with my lack of trust in KGH since they've been on a downward trend for years.

For some reason it chose to focus on the belt, as the only other evidence on her outfit was just above and below it.

I wiped the offending areas with a bleach free anti-mould and mildew cleaner. The belt came up shiny, though I'll give it another pass through the grooves:

IMG_1683.JPG

Once dead it won't be able to return when it's in the collection room.

Last edited:
Hong Kong is very hot and humid and this year was all the way through to mid-December. Keeping these figures boxed up in rooms without air-con or dehumidifiers for months would lead to problems. Dunno if that’s the case here but I’ve bought plenty of second-hand figures, some several years old, and they’ve all been fine apart from some belt yellowing on ANH stormtroopers. I think that’s because they’ve been in collectors apartments and they all have air-con and mostly with dehumidifiers. In a warehouse could be a different story.

Hong Kong is very hot and humid and this year was all the way through to mid-December. Keeping these figures boxed up in rooms without air-con or dehumidifiers for months would lead to problems. Dunno if that’s the case here but I’ve bought plenty of second-hand figures, some several years old, and they’ve all been fine apart from some belt yellowing on ANH stormtroopers. I think that’s because they’ve been in collectors apartments and they all have air-con and mostly with dehumidifiers. In a warehouse could be a different story.

I imagine the spores were on the belt in the factory before she was packed, and during uncontrolled storage the conditions were right for them to germinate and grow.

The far east is bad enough for humidity at the best of times, and as you wrote it was very hot and humid this year. Being stored in a box is a double whammy because the mould thrives without air flow.

Anyway, she's sorted now and back to new and looks to be a great figure. Just as well that KGH's communication and admin are so bad, otherwise they'd have enacted my request to cancel the order. :lol

Back