1/6 Hot Toys -TMS 068 - The Book of Boba Fett: Fennec Shand

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CW era is definitely not dead, Jesse was the best selling figure for a month.

I do hope they expand that line past just the clones though.

The PT films on the other hand....

From the photos, I concluded that those skirt things will not flow down, rather will be open like an umbrella (That's why they posed her in a wider stance). Don't expect them to flow downwards if legs are closed.
You'll complain for my nitpicking now, but will whine when she's released. Mark my words. See you in 2 years time :D

They managed to come up with a near perfect HS within 2 years following the episode. And still they couldn't bring a decent Padme HS in >5 years.
Saw this Natalie Portman sculpt (from Superduck?) last week on Facebook. Even this looks way better than that effort they showed off at SDCC a couple of years ago.

ADC1791E-68CF-4193-A0A0-1FF61CFBCC8C.jpeg

Went to use a $25 code on this on SS because I have a bunch of reward points, obviously even the codes from orders don't even work on most things anymore.

Arguably the best SW female likeness so far. This one completely blow their previous works for Leia and Jyn out of the water. I hope Padme will be as good as this masterpiece.
I don't think it's a 10/10, but very close. Her eyes put it off for me. Maybe a bit more eyelid should show.
1.jpeg

4.png

2.jpg

How her character develops in BOBF will determine if I might get her or not. Honestly, I would have preferred Boba on his own and I am also tired of some characters being resurrected from what seems like a situation that someone would not recover from. You know what I mean.....Maul, Sheev, Fennec, wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

I think the final head sculpt will turn out better.....unless they pull a Mark 85 Tony Stark.:unsure:

I've preorderd mine. It'll be interesting to see what the world is like by the time this is released. Will Covid still be thing? Will shipping still be having issues? Material shortages etc etc.
Will I still care about this figure in 2023? The risk of preordering Hot Toys these days with their looooong waits.

Last edited:
I'm honestly surprised her outfit has remained pretty much the exact same through 3 shows.

Just noticed Toys Wonderland has this for a decent deal. Second batch is $265 and change after shipping. Tempting..

Went to use a $25 code on this on SS because I have a bunch of reward points, obviously even the codes from orders don't even work on most things anymore.
I tried the same with a $20 code (is SS still giving $25 codes?). Sideshow has been sneakily slapping the brakes on codes in the last few months. $25 down to $20. Shorter window (down from two weeks to one week) and less product eligibility. They also added an expiration to RPs earlier this year (I had about $1,800 in RPs at the time, but now down to $165). There are still a few items I plan to PO that I can apply codes to (basically to cover shipping), but after that I'll start buying from other dealers. I'm sure some bean counter came up with these changes. But ultimately it will probably cost them sales and help out their competition.

I tried the same with a $20 code (is SS still giving $25 codes?). Sideshow has been sneakily slapping the brakes on codes in the last few months. $25 down to $20. Shorter window (down from two weeks to one week) and less product eligibility. They also added an expiration to RPs earlier this year (I had about $1,800 in RPs at the time, but now down to $165). There are still a few items I plan to PO that I can apply codes to (basically to cover shipping), but after that I'll start buying from other dealers. I'm sure some bean counter came up with these changes. But ultimately it will probably cost them sales and help out their competition.
Yup. If they keep sending me coupon codes that only work on things I don’t want, I have no reason not to shop elsewhere. I’m not paying full import markup price plus $40 in tax and shipping for the luxury of waiting an additional half-year to receive a figure.

Every time my $20 code doesn’t work on what I want, I buy it from somewhere else. Stuff turns out to be either a lot less expensive or slightly less expensive and a lot faster.

Back