1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Kylo Ren Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kylo Ren is the best thing about the new ST so far. Only the internet has said he's emo, and the internet as usual is wrong.
You got an A+ actor giving a great performance, and only the millennial internet generation has to bring it down lol.

**** off!

Buying this fig for Kylo and Adam Driver. Cause it's the best damn thing so far and will be in the end.

I agree that Kylo is the most interesting character of the ST. I think he is not as one dimensional as a lot people want but I am tired of villains without any complexity.

I haven’t completely shut the door on Kylo ending up being a pretty great character. At this snapshot of the trilogy I don’t think he’s broken through yet. Poor script writing more than anything: there are other, less cringe-worthy ways to display emotional immaturity and it’s a shame those stains made the final draft. But Luke in A New Hope was pretty insufferable as well. He exited his trilogy arc with pretty much unanimous satisfaction. I worry about Kylo because the Attack of The Clones’ Anakin carried over that same cringe-gasm he gave me into Revenge of The Sith. Granted, Kylo does have Driver behind him along with competent dialogue — or is it the lack of George this time around that gives me hope? ����

I didn't have any issues with the writing for Kylo or the emotion he displayed. He was 100% the most interesting character in the movie for me and the one I'm most excited about going forward. He wasn't cringe-worthy at all to me.

I think with Kylo, it comes down to some have this ideal of what a male villain should act like - less emotional because that makes them seem "weaker" or something - for me, that makes him more interesting.

I worry about Kylo because the Attack of The Clones’ Anakin carried over that same cringe-gasm he gave me into Revenge of The Sith. Granted, Kylo does have Driver behind him along with competent dialogue — or is it the lack of George this time around that gives me hope?

The lack of JJ gives me hope. Rian might actually give these characters some depth and make them interesting.

I didn't have any issues with the writing for Kylo or the emotion he displayed. He was 100% the most interesting character in the movie for me and the one I'm most excited about going forward. He wasn't cringe-worthy at all to me.

I think with Kylo, it comes down to some have this ideal of what a male villain should act like - less emotional because that makes them seem "weaker" or something - for me, that makes him more interesting.

I agree for the most part. I think the character was very well written and complex and thought Driver played him great. I'm very interested to see where they take him in the next couple of movies.

I loved kylos character. I didn't find his tantrums cringe worthy at all. I find him unbalanced and unpredictable and that is exciting!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Agreed with the positive Kylo opinions in here! He is the most interesting character in this trilogy so far. He's a truly conflicted character who can have a huge impact moving forward. His emotional outbursts were actually kind of terrifying. Those two Stormtroopers almost crapped their pants when they heard him lol. And he's a beast for taking the shot to the stomach and then taking on two people in a duel. I can't wait to see what he does in TLJ now that he's finished his training from Snoke.

After thinking about it, I'm going with Kylo over Tarkin. For $235, I need a force wielding main character. It's just a personal preference.

As far as that last point, not for me. I’m not hung up on his character direction and the insecurities; just the execution in a few scenes. He’d have to be fearful, emotional, and insecure to have fallen in the first place. And all those things definitely make him more interesting. But I don’t think having the opinion something is poorly executed here should raise any ad hominem by those with contrary opinions

Called it like I see it across multiple platforms in regard to the SW fandom and MANY who criticize Kylo Ren. But I said some fans, and didn't single out anyone in particular.

It's cool that you're reasoning is different. But poorly executed describes the prequels for me - not anything in TFA.

Kylo Ren is the best thing about the new ST so far. Only the internet has said he's emo, and the internet as usual is wrong.
You got an A+ actor giving a great performance, and only the millennial internet generation has to bring it down lol.

**** off!

That's probably because most of that generation is emo as well. Ironic, snowflakes calling others emo. :lol

Just ordered! Decided to get from SS because of the payment plan, rewards points, getting it first, and they wouldn't charge me tax. BBTS Tax and Shipping is the same as SS Shipping for me. So excited to have Kylo and for the movie next week!

TLJ did the impossible: it made me want a Kylo Ren figure. Kylo is one of the great successes of the film.

I’m so glad he’s going down the path I wanted after TFA. I want him to be ESB-Vader ruthless in the next film and can’t wait for this figure.

I’m so glad he’s going down the path I wanted after TFA. I want him to be ESB-Vader ruthless in the next film and can’t wait for this figure.

Agreed! He was legit perfect in this film. I think the trio I have my sights on are Kylo, Rey, and Luke. After sleeping on it, I loved the movie. Can't wait to see it again.

After watching the film last night, I am going through the TLJ figure threads once more to see if I really "need" any of them in my collection.

Kylo was definitely a much better character in this film, compared to TFA. The fact that this figure has a great looking sculpt is a big plus. I may pick it up down the road. Would definitely be one of the very few figures from this film, for me.

Agreed! He was legit perfect in this film. I think the trio I have my sights on are Kylo, Rey, and Luke. After sleeping on it, I loved the movie. Can't wait to see it again.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I just saw it once last night and have mixed feelings. Some parts I thought were good, some amazing, some didn't sit well with me. I felt kind of sick to my stomach today, but I feel like I just have to let it all sink in and then watch it again.

That said - Kylo's character in this film was incredible and he's the best thing from the ST so far, and one of my favorite characters

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I just saw it once last night and have mixed feelings. Some parts I thought were good, some amazing, some didn't sit well with me. I felt kind of sick to my stomach today, but I feel like I just have to let it all sink in and then watch it again.

That said - Kylo's character in this film was incredible and he's the best thing from the ST so far, and one of my favorite characters

Totally agree. Mixed feelings for me. Rotten Tomatoes audience score shows a lot of people have the same reaction (57%). Wow !

As far as figures I'll still stick with the Kylo I have, as I still love that look. I'll definitely want to get Poe though.

Back