1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The face bases are HIDEOUS- what is HT thinking? They have done so many very handsome classy bases but this makes it look Hasbro-ish to say the least! Glad the face plate is removable.

Figure looks fantastic- getting excited for the character/figure now!
Yeah I don't get the face bases either. Just odd design choice compared with a lot of the nicer bases they've done.

What's a realistic release date for these, in your experience? I'm buying Black Widow, and I'm a guy on a third world salary who also needs a WiiU. He he. Gotta plan in advance for Ms Erso.

What's a realistic release date for these, in your experience? I'm buying Black Widow, and I'm a guy on a third world salary who also needs a WiiU. He he. Gotta plan in advance for Ms Erso.

I would venture for a early to mid feb 2017 since they revealed the Jyn proto a lot faster than Rey was revealed before the TFA movie hit. January would be the earliest IMO but that's stretching it :lecture

If HT releases this before the end of the year, I'd be shocked :horror

Highly doubtful she'll be out that fast. My guess is reveal/pre-order around the time of the film's release date and probably will arrive at earliest around next September or October. The only figures they pump out fast are the Troopers pretty much.

I could have swore I read Nintendo is stopping production on the WiiU , might be worth you time to quickly google that ....

Yes indeed! There aren't going to be that many more available since it was a commercial failure. But they're still plenty in stores. I'll secure one next week. :) Thanks for looking that up.

Good thing it will be nearly another whole year to decide if I should add another Hot Toys lady to my humble collection.

girl 1.jpg
girl 2.jpg

So far Jyn is the only figure I'm really considering. I thought it might be K2SO, but as much as I love the design it doesn't quite translate into a premium-looking enough robot to go for the Hot Toy price. I think it's a cool-looking outfit and she'd be a good representation on the shelf.

That's your comment for your first post?
The perception that Rey is a Mary Sue is reasonable.

Only by people who don't understand what a Mary Sue actually is supposed to be.
Or suddenly apply it to ANY female who actually has some agency and powers and does stuff.

But anyway, not really on topic.

I just wonder...

...if the lack of booty is modelled on Felicity, too. Or if its so difficult to give a 1/6 figure buttocks.

I guess they are scared to be accused of sexism. So no butts! Or boobs. Thank god Daisy is flat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh, those stretched out camera phone pics always bug me. This probably does better justice to it, I think:

I'll also be curious to see her with the shawl over her head. Hopefully that won't be as big a pain to do as it is with Leia.

girl 12 (804x1900).jpg

That's your comment for your first post?
The perception that Rey is a Mary Sue is reasonable.

Sure, in its most base argument, my problem with it is that for any Star Wars fan to throw around "Mary Sue" around at a Star Wars protagonist, whether it's Rey or Jyn, is lazy and rooted in stupid gender politics. Why?

Because Luke was the the original "Mary Sue" or "Marty Stus" and I never hear that argument made.

Yeah it's my first post and I called bulk***** on somebody. Doesn't make my point any less valid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back