1/6 Hot Toys - POTC5 - Jack Sparrow Figure (Artisan Edition + Regular) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a lot of waitlisters will convert. This PO came out of left field, no one prepared, and still sold out really fast. Howard will smell a lot of money left on the table... so he may reach out to another 1,000 or 1,500 waitlisters.
I really hope so, I’m one of the people who missed out on it. If I recall they gave a way earlier estimated time for Joker but this one was indeed so sudden.

This looks superb and the improvements over past iterations are quite clear- yet I’m still completely satisfied with my DX06.
IMG_3351.jpeg

If I didn’t buy that a couple years ago, I’d be all over this new version- but now it would just be ‘upgrading’ for the sake of it when I wasn’t feeing any prior need to have a better Jack.

I think I’ll consider the money saved on not buying this as final justification for getting InArt Paul.

This looks superb and the improvements over past iterations are quite clear- yet I’m still completely satisfied with my DX06.
View attachment 695203
If I didn’t buy that a couple years ago, I’d be all over this new version- but now it would just be ‘upgrading’ for the sake of it when I wasn’t feeing any prior need to have a better Jack.

I think I’ll consider the money saved on not buying this as final justification for getting InArt Paul.
The rolling eyeball system is one of the biggest reasons to get the new one. Fixed eyeballs were always a bit of an annoyance of mine with 1/6 scale figures because it always limited the poses I could do and how natural I could make the figures look. Having rolling eyeballs is now a must for me.

I got an email that the figure was being posted at 10am today. That email came at 9:05am and that's what I used to get on, then I got the email notification for the rvsp which was later today. Had I not use the first email I probably wouldn't have gotten him.

The rolling eyeball system is one of the biggest reasons to get the new one. Fixed eyeballs were always a bit of an annoyance of mine with 1/6 scale figures because it always limited the poses I could do and how natural I could make the figures look. Having rolling eyeballs is now a must for me.

DX06 also had rolling eyes. Same as DX15. That and a diorama is basically all DX means.
1711677315481.jpeg

HT have been able to do rolling eyes forever. InArt just forced them to have to implement it on all figures now.

At the time, the DX15 had the most realistic Depp likeness I had ever seen.

Has anyone posted the JC Hong paint photos for this Artisan?
Pictures of serious sculpt from the sculptor's IG page. So, this is a brand new one and not a reuse of the DX15. Looks much better here.

View attachment 695049
View attachment 695050
View attachment 695051

And one of the smiling sculpt

View attachment 695052

EDIT: Rotfish beat me to it by a few minutes :lol

DX06 also had rolling eyes. Same as DX15. That and a diorama is basically all DX means.
View attachment 695205
HT have been able to do rolling eyes forever. InArt just forced them to have to implement it on all figures now.
These were PERS (Parallel Eyes Rolling System) system which is one stick controlling the eyes, the Dx15 was one of the first sculpts to use the new SERS (Separate Eyes Rolling System) but had two sticks for both eyes. The more recent sculpts use the SERS but without those joysticks which is better to me.

I was happy to get the Artisan version even if it's not that much of an upgrade over the Deluxe. I'm a fan of the characters and it's nice to have what feels like the 'ultimate' version of Jack.

With the first DX version, I'll have enough parts and pieces to have everything I need.

I'm so glad they redid this figure especially because even the outfit is more accurate. Vest is more accurate and the belts and accessories are also. I love the Dx15 but this is an instant upgrade top to bottom.

Back