1/6 Hot Toys - POTC5 - Jack Sparrow Figure (Artisan Edition + Regular) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of this limited time for the Artisan stuff is bull-$@#t. At least InArt puts up a window and gives everyone a chance to get one. The way Howard Chan and Sideshow are handling this is making me despise both of these companies.

I mean, while it sucks, I do get it with Hot Toys backlog. They have a new figure announced every few weeks and have a bunch in the pipeline that needs to be released. People already complain with INARTs release schedule when they have to individually root thousands upon thousands of sculpts. Hot Toys knows that they can't leave this as an open order edition size for it to reach that high of a quantity. It'll never release.

Just woke up and missed out on this.. so frustrated. Why can’t sideshow just send the notification the day before instead of anxiously waiting on a delayed email.

Is the waitlist a good gamble? I started it 1 pm today.

So considering that, this could very well be the last 1/6 Jack for a while and maybe ever if Hot Toys lets the rights expire. Deep's been clear about the fact his relationship with Disney is over, even before what happened he was giving interviews for DMTNT saying it's one of the only movies of his that he watched because he thought it could very well be the last PoTC he filmed and he wanted to give Jack a proper send-off or something along the lines.
I believe he mentioned wanting to do one more with Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly to give the main characters each a proper goodbye considering the way the movie ended with the end credits scene of the shadow of Davy Jones looming over Will and Elizabeth as they slept and the tentacle crawling on the ground.
I mean, while it sucks, I do get it with Hot Toys backlog. They have a new figure announced every few weeks and have a bunch in the pipeline that needs to be released. People already complain with INARTs release schedule when they have to individually root thousands upon thousands of sculpts. Hot Toys knows that they can't leave this as an open order edition size for it to reach that high of a quantity. It'll never release.
I agree. I mean InArt keep issuing apology posts on social media b/c of the delays and complaints that have gone along with them. HT are already backlogged with their normal MMS releases and to leave the Artisan ones open indefinitely would just cause a massive delay not only for the figure itself, but any other figure(s) that are on the production lines most likely. It definitely sucks to have to be at the ready for these limited exclusives, but I would say it's no different than the way most other limited edition collector's items are run. It's how it used to be for Sideshow's exclusives back in the day as well minus the queue. You just had to be ready to jump online to hopefully get one.

That said, I'm still sore for missing out on Anakin :lol

Just woke up and missed out on this.. so frustrated. Why can’t sideshow just send the notification the day before instead of anxiously waiting on a delayed email.

Is the waitlist a good gamble? I started it 1 pm today.
I would suggest signing up for the text alerts if you haven't already. I tend to get those at the proper time. The emails are always late for me

Last edited:
It was a good thing I RSVP'd just last night and didn't wait any longer. I didn't expect it to go up this soon. With the previous Artisans, Hot Toys notified us maybe a week in advance, so we could mark our calendars. I guess they did tried this to maybe minimize traffic? I also didn't receive the email notification until one hour before the pre-order opened. I was at work and just happened to check my email. I don't usually check it that often, So I got lucky with that. I could have just as easily missed this. Now instead of being upset thinking I should have checked my email, I'm content having locked in my reservation.

The ordering processed seemed smooth and easy, like ordering the Joker and Scarlet Witch, but much easier than Anakin. Maybe because of the larger edition size (compared to other Artisans), the short notice/unexpected drop, and the other 2 alternate versions which are cheaper, look just as good with minimal differences.

I know this may be easy for me to say since I was able to pre-order one, but for those who missed out, it isn't a total miss since the collector and deluxe editions are just as good. In fact I think the sculpted headband looks better on the figure than the fabric one. The only thing the Artisan has over the others is the fuzzy, wool implanted hair I assume. This really doesn't look much different from the other 2. Oh now I'm making myself regret spending over $100 more than I needed to...or $200 if comparing to the base collector edition, which just has a different base.

I like this method... instead of giving people like a week notice just put it up 1 hr before... less people in queue and they will sell it all in 20 min either way.
What. In what way is this even close to be ”better”? Another s*it alternative is still poo. No text service provided to people in Europe hence zero info over this release. A tad annoying since SS is the distributor in Europe.

Pre-order windows are better than any of these alternatives tested. Maybe HT should stop producing a bunch of tier F figures to accommodate more resources and capabilities to higher quality figures.

Yes, I am a bit frustrated.

Besides the artisan version DX15 still ages fine except for that unsightly diorama, the new one beats zombieshark by ten thousand miles.
The diorama on DX15 is great. Not unsightly at all. The wheel on DX06 looked good, but if you had it in front it covered half the damn figure. I like how with the new one they fixed that issue by slanting it diagonally and making the diorama extend out the side so you can still have him holding the wheel but he's not obscured by it this time.

lol— just join the waitlist — it will convert…

@ Hot Toys thanks for yet another:Rinse wash repeat…rehash

But I have DX 06 and 15 … no need for this…and now 2 years in a row where HT gets $0 of my collector $$$

Last edited:
The diorama on DX15 is great. Not unsightly at all. The wheel on DX06 looked good, but if you had it in front it covered half the damn figure. I like how with the new one they fixed that issue by slanting it diagonally and making the diorama extend out the side so you can still have him holding the wheel but he's not obscured by it this time.
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Congrats to everyone that secured an Artisan edition! Unfortunately for myself, I was too much off the collectable grid yesterday and today and didn't see the email until 1:45pm EST or even know the pics dropped last night.

This will be the first Artisan edition I may miss out on. It does seem however that I got on the waitlist at a decent time, so maybe I will have some luck and snag the 4th one as well. I will order the deluxe in the meantime!

I think a lot of waitlisters will convert. This PO came out of left field, no one prepared, and still sold out really fast. Howard will smell a lot of money left on the table... so he may reach out to another 1,000 or 1,500 waitlisters.
That's a good point. Seems like the Artisan Joker has had a decent amount of conversations.

Joined the waitlist a few minutes ago for the Artisan, hoping it will convert. Sucks how anyone not in the US was probably already asleep when this figure dropped. A notification would have helped immensely. Or maybe HT planned this all along.

I believe he mentioned wanting to do one more with Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly to give the main characters each a proper goodbye considering the way the movie ended with the end credits scene of the shadow of Davy Jones looming over Will and Elizabeth as they slept and the tentacle crawling on the ground.

Idk how I feel about reviving Jones but a movie with the cast of the original trilogy would be a nice way to bring back anyone who lost interest in this franchise. Though given how s*** DMTNT was, I got no hope.

Back