1/6 Hot Toys - MMS729/729B - John Wick Chapter 4: John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John and Caine, ordered! And now, the two year wait to get in hand. Really don’t understand why can’t they just be ready to ship as soon as they drop.
To much on HT plate they did it to themselves with how they handled the marvel figures. Now they'll make what they need to to fulfill orders and maybe a few extra stock but they'll never make large quantities again.

They look very good, that's their best Keanu likeness to date and it's great to see they ended up doing interchangeable hair pieces as well. My only complaint is that John's head and neck are one piece since I will never be able to use it for Silverhand but it's perfect for this figure.

Freak’n AWESOME! Because of moving to the east coast I haven’t even opened my last Wick but I knew I had to get this set as well. I was really hoping for an Artisan release but this looks great. I’ve grown pretty selective on my collectibles but between this and the Eastwood collection, they’re making it damn hard!

No buzz over Caine it seems.

Tracker/"Mr. Nobody" might have sold better. More interesting gear loadout. African American figures tend to have strong part out value for the nude body types. Interesting weapons. The dog is cool too, but that might up the cost to add the size into the set. He's really set up like a DAM Extreme Zone figure if you really think about it.

Caine might do better in non Western markets ( i.e. the Donnie Yen factor) To be honest, I'd rather have Wick and Tracker and wait for someone to do a Caine knockoff, or see him end up a SDCC Exclusive, that kind of thing.

John and Caine, ordered! And now, the two year wait to get in hand. Really don’t understand why can’t they just be ready to ship as soon as they drop.

Been a long time since I've done a preorder for a boxed set, is the current turnaround rate really two years now for HT stuff?

I sat on the HT Mando set with the Beskar spear and Pascal head, and that sat in the pre order phase for a really long time. But I wasn't sure if that was pandemic / supply chain related. Other than that, I haven't watched too many figure timelines.

Any thoughts on the matter from your experience would be appreciated, thanks.

Been a long time since I've done a preorder for a boxed set, is the current turnaround rate really two years now for HT stuff?

I sat on the HT Mando set with the Beskar spear and Pascal head, and that sat in the pre order phase for a really long time. But I wasn't sure if that was pandemic / supply chain related. Other than that, I haven't watched too many figure timelines.

Average is probably around 15 months. There are figures coming out not much over a year old (RoboCop) and then others like Catwoman that will be two years this December.

I won’t say I’m a professional since I’ve only been collecting for three years. But from what I’ve experienced so far, a lot of companies (HT, InArt, Mezco, you name it) has a minimum of a year to a year and a half, not including unexpected delays that will push the initial release date.

Damn, that face likeness is incredible. Looks like great tailoring on the clothes, too.

I missed out on the original figure and almost bit the aftermarket bullet several times. This is an instant PO for me.

Proportions without the Jacket look better than I thought it would. The bonus rifle is a cool addition but imo not needed since he doesn’t use it in the 2nd suit. I do wish it had an additional bandage hand, alternate bloody shirt and holster to better recreate the ending showdown.

I hope someone makes a Koji figure. His fight with Caine was one of the best in the movie. The whole time I was thinking 'This would be such a cool display, this whole scene.'

Actually might need 2 Caines, one with Koji and one with Wick for the final duel. They could even make a figure of the Enforcer guy (the guys with the masks, that went into the Osaka building)

Instead of reusing the coins I would've rather had the rules of engagement cards...even if the suit doesn't match the scene :LOL:
JW4_Unit_211027_00134_R2_rgb.png

Still unsure wether to get this or not
I love the headsculpt (except for the open mouth) and the weapons set
Got HT and Custom one as of now.

IMG_5504.jpeg

IMG_5513.jpeg

Back