1/6 Hot Toys - MMS664-D48 - Iron Man - Iron Man Mark 3 (2.0 For Real This Time!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived, and I'm still unboxing it. Question: Has anyone, anywhere, been able to assemble the two-part base? Iron Monger won't fit. The slot isn't wide enough for the middle pyramid piece. I measured and it's a couple of millimeters (at least) too small. I'm at a loss.
Hey man! I had the same issue as well! Couldn't fit the monger on the base until i tried it from the arm piece (left side when the base is facing you). Once I could slot in the arm into the base, the rest of the Iron Monger could squeeze into the base. All the best and hope that you could get it attached! Looking forward to photos!

Well, mine arrived in early December, but finally had time to open this up tonight. It is super nice, but putting the batteries in is a major pain. The instructions had the wrong batteries for the chest. Love most of the swap out parts are magnetically attached, very easy to swap out. The base took some brute force to put together, only for me to figure out the easy way to do it when I took it apart! Yes, the arm slot first!

I started collecting Hot Toys more than 10 years ago because I really wanted the BD Mark III, but couldn’t. Now that I finally have one in hand, It felt anticlimactic with a bit of melancholy. I only collect MCU and DC HT movie figures and now I finally got the figure that started my collection, there is nothing to look forward to in the near term in both movie universes. HT for once even skipped “The Marvels”! WOW! Maybe better luck in 2025?

Received mine today... So sad, small scratch on faceplate. Message sent to my seller.

What can I expect from HT ? I know it's minimal and it can blend into "light battle damage", but at this price tag, too bad. :/

Put the figure back in the box for now.

PXL_20240131_180732416.jpg

PXL_20240131_180756197.jpg

Painful. This is akin to scratches on the clear dome of Alien statues. Utmost care needs to be taken to protect these areas in particular, where collectors will focus, and QA should put eyes on these areas specifically before signing off.

Received mine today... So sad, small scratch on faceplate. Message sent to my seller.

What can I expect from HT ? I know it's minimal and it can blend into "light battle damage", but at this price tag, too bad. :/

Put the figure back in the box for now.

View attachment 686608

View attachment 686609

I don't know who your seller is, but I had those type of paint scratches on Iron Man and Stormtroopers and Sideshow replaced them for me with no hassle.

Do you know if the new Mark VI 2.0 is the same mold and proportions as the die-cast Mark VI? Think I read some comments saying they looked the same and it's basically a re-release.

I would assume a reissue tbh, with 'Updated paint-apps'

Since you mention it, the Mark VI 2.0 could be a "reissue" and not a true 2.0. Could be same figure except for new head sculpt and updated paint application, and the full gantry option. It makes sense because the Mark VI die-cast was released just before the Mark VII die-cast, and those 2 didn't really need a 2.0 like the Mark III and II do. Also look at the price of the Mark VI 2.0 (without the gantry), it's cheap compared to the other die-cast Iron Man figures, well under $400. This leads me to believe that it is a re-issue. It really didn't need an upgrade. I was debating on getting the previous Mark VI die-cast since I never had one (triangular arc reactor), and the previous plastic ones were expensive on the secondary market. Of course I missed out and plan to get this upcoming one.

my waitlist for the special edition just converted today!

Congratulations! I am hoping for a conversion but I think I joined real late. Enjoy

I almost joined the waitlist, but found out UF was getting, I believe, a third batch. It was cheaper and included double boxing. Sure it won't be the exclusive, but all it has is the crushed helmet which I likely won't use.

Back