1/6 Hot Toys - MMS664-D48 - Iron Man - Iron Man Mark 3 (2.0 For Real This Time!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine. First thing I did was correct the sholder cannons to be the right way around. As per Justins review they were assembled incorrectly. Easy fix. I'm quite impressed with this, massive upgrade from the previous diecast version, not perfect but i'm happy to replace my old with the new.
Do you mind taking a picture of the pin that you pushed out to turn the canons around? Is it those tiny ones the canon swivels on? I used a needle and the pin won’t move. Thanks

Got mine. First thing I did was correct the sholder cannons to be the right way around. As per Justins review they were assembled incorrectly. Easy fix. I'm quite impressed with this, massive upgrade from the previous diecast version, not perfect but i'm happy to replace my old with the new.
Hey El-Vi-Riachi, how were you able to fix the shoulder rockets, so they're facing the front?

I pre-ordered this guy last summer then forgot about him until I got the alert that my card was charging. I changed my mind and then cancelled (forfeiting the deposit I paid last year). Then like an idiot I wanted him again...BUT, was lucky to find him at Toys Wonderland and got him shipped to the U.S. for $390 (after 5% discount for my account and then a 15% off coupon they have going). So I think I ended up spending like $435 shipped for him for the Special Edition!

I can't wait to get him and then change my mind about him and sell him for a loss lol

Do you mind taking a picture of the pin that you pushed out to turn the canons around? Is it those tiny ones the canon swivels on? I used a needle and the pin won’t move. Thanks

There's only one pin which the sholder cannons use to swivel.

Hey El-Vi-Riachi, how were you able to fix the shoulder rockets, so they're facing the front?

Posted earlier

Pretty much what I did. I had a small screwdriver head I use for electronics. Pushed out both pins, corrected it and pushed the pins back in. Just becareful as if you use something sharp it could scratch the paint.

*edit* forgot to mention when putting the pins back once you get half way in wiggle the cannon up and down and it should go in a bit easier

I pre-ordered this guy last summer then forgot about him until I got the alert that my card was charging. I changed my mind and then cancelled (forfeiting the deposit I paid last year). Then like an idiot I wanted him again...BUT, was lucky to find him at Toys Wonderland and got him shipped to the U.S. for $390 (after 5% discount for my account and then a 15% off coupon they have going). So I think I ended up spending like $435 shipped for him for the Special Edition!

I can't wait to get him and then change my mind about him and sell him for a loss lol
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I wouldn’t expect to receive anything from TW. Surprised you aren’t aware of their shady business practices with the fallout over the last several months. Don’t order from Comic Sanctorum either, they are the same people behind both websites.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I wouldn’t expect to receive anything from TW. Surprised you aren’t aware of their shady business practices with the fallout over the last several months. Don’t order from Comic Sanctorum either, they are the same people behind both websites.
Hmm, really? I've ordered from TW maybe 10 times over the last couple of years and never had an issue. I did get a shipping notice for the Mark III. What exactly was/is the issue with them? Are they just straight scamming people now?

Hmm, really? I've ordered from TW maybe 10 times over the last couple of years and never had an issue. I did get a shipping notice for the Mark III. What exactly was/is the issue with them? Are they just straight scamming people now?
Yes, in a lot of cases for a lot of people's pre-orders, which Toys Wonderland took the full amount up front, they are straight up just taking the money and running now.

Yes, in a lot of cases for a lot of people's pre-orders, which Toys Wonderland took the full amount up front, they are straight up just taking the money and running now.

Oh damn, that is BS. Well hopefully the Mark III arrives (it was "in stock" and I did get a shipping notice yesterday). I think I'll skip them next time. Thanks for the heads-up (and to you as well @dijinn )

Oh damn, that is BS. Well hopefully the Mark III arrives (it was "in stock" and I did get a shipping notice yesterday). I think I'll skip them next time. Thanks for the heads-up (and to you as well @dijinn )
Welcome. Hope you get your order; I see stories all the time on Reddit of people saying Toys Wonderland sent them a shipping notice and then weeks go by and come to find out it was never shipped. As more people try to cancel their pre-orders and get their money back, I'm sure it's just a matter of time now until the company disappears entirely, along with all of that pre-order money.

There was an entire thread on this forum about their malpractice but it's since been deleted for some reason.

There was an entire thread on this forum about their malpractice but it's since been deleted for some reason.
It most likely got deleted b/c TW is a sponsor of the site. And since they paid to be a sponsor, pretty sure they had the thread deleted. First, the thread was just locked for no further comments with warnings to not start another or else those who participate would get a temporary 2 week ban, and then the thread was outright deleted. B/c of that, no one has really been talking about TW. Don’t think anyone wants to get banned for something as silly as that.

It most likely got deleted b/c TW is a sponsor of the site. And since they paid to be a sponsor, pretty sure they had the thread deleted. First, the thread was just locked for no further comments with warnings to not start another or else those who participate would get a temporary 2 week ban, and then the thread was outright deleted. B/c of that, no one has really been talking about TW. Don’t think anyone wants to get banned for something as silly as that.
D**m, if that's true it's incredibly irresponsible on behalf of whoever runs this forum. Especially since that money was taken from customers, many who are members here, for figures that were never shipped.

To be fair, their sponsorship doesn't seem to show up at the top of pages any longer.

At least on mobile it doesn't.

There also was a weird donate to SSF for a while that hung out at the bottom of threads, appearing after the ads went away.

Still, removing the thread seems odd. Like they don't want to spread awareness about TW. Maybe they got too much $$$ from them to stay quiet
giphy-2.gif

Back