1/6 Hot Toys - MMS632 - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Doc Ock Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would look pretty ugly seeing the neck joint. The neck is connected to the sculpt so removing the vest exposes the gap/cut where the sculpt connects to the body.

Yeah, you'd need to dremel out the neck from the head sculpt, find a replacement body with a neck and the correct body proportions which won't be easy, and then somehow transplant the harness bits onto that body as well. Other problem is the leather coat/vest underneath is too small and doesn't close in the front, so you'd have to cut it in the back and maybe sew in another piece of fabric/elastic. Also, hopefully that zipper actually works.

The real question is, where did Doc Ock get that turtle neck from? Must've been a chilly day in the Holland-verse, and Doc snatched it off one of the drivers on the bridge right before his big reveal. They should've shown a shirtless dude in the background running for his life.

Justin's review is up. Some nice poses. Mediocre as the head may be, still such a better figure than Toys Era, who looks like a child wearing his father's trenchcoats.

Justin claims in his video that the red tentacles are more posable, but his poses at the end seem to disprove that?

View attachment 662162
View attachment 662163
View attachment 662164
View attachment 662165

I always thought the Toys Era looked terrible in every way, and even with its major problems at least this HT sculpt looks human lol

Yeah the Toys Era head looks like some weird animated interpretation, like if Ock made an appearance in the Disney+ “What If?” series.

Lmao say what you will about this release, but claiming it's inferior to the Toys Era is...well it's certainly one of the opinions of all time.

Okay, I'm not going to say that the Toys Era is better [I'm not mad] but I WILL say that Justin couldn't have made the Toys Era Ock look worse if he tried, and honestly I think he DID try.
Here is my Toys Era Ock and it doesnt look anywhere near as bad as it does in Justin's video [despite my utter inability to take a decent photo] all it takes is a few mins of properly posing and positioning the coat and much like the HT the likeness is helped when the eyes are covered.
Honestly I still prefer the TE sculpt with the goggles on compared to the HT with the glasses on, the tailoring on the HT is obviously better and the tentacles look better [though significantly less posable than the TE - but so long as I could do the pose below I wouldn't mind] but in my honest opinion the HT head is so bad it puts me off the whole thing to a degree.
But the tentacles, body and clothing are clearly better on the HT - I just wanted to stick up for the poor old TE who is getting a worse rep than he perhaps deserves due to being done dirty in Justin's video :ROFLMAO:, he can easily stand next to my Jazzinc Vulture and HT Mysterio and not look out of place [and those are two excellent figures]

[Forgive the lighting/quality, I just took these pics with my phone cam at night under a shifty bulb while I wasn't wearing my glasses! :ROFLMAO: ]

1695860953959.jpeg

1695860972391.jpeg
1695860991162.jpeg

1695861010053.jpeg
1695861021316.jpeg

The standard versions are finally shipping(the ones without the extra nanotech arms) Just an FYI. :)

I think this looks exactly like the actor, but the expression is weird. I like hot toys doing more than neutral, Dead eye expressions, but this one just it doesn’t fit this character. But I’m still supper happy to have it.
Now the toys era one, that is just dog 💩 in every possible way. I’d rather burn my money than have that thing in my display.
IVY05098.jpeg
IVY05094.jpeg
IVY05086.jpeg
IVY05083.jpeg
IVY05078.jpeg
IVY05075.jpeg
IVY05065.jpeg
IVY04819.jpeg
IVY04816.jpeg
IVY04797.jpeg
IVY04774.jpeg
IVY04753.jpeg

Attachments

• IVY05075.jpeg
    IVY05075.jpeg
    550.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IVY04769.jpeg
    IVY04769.jpeg
    783.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IVY04802.jpeg
    IVY04802.jpeg
    819.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IVY04819.jpeg
    IVY04819.jpeg
    893.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IVY05065.jpeg
    IVY05065.jpeg
    868.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IVY05077.jpeg
    IVY05077.jpeg
    788 KB · Views: 0
  • IVY05095.jpeg
    IVY05095.jpeg
    807.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IVY05086.jpeg
    IVY05086.jpeg
    649.6 KB · Views: 0
I’ve waffled back and forth on getting this but it’s hard to believe the same company that‘s just shown something as perfect as Hera actually recently sent an unrecognizable sculpt like this out.

Every time I think I’m ready to buy I see close ups and that takes care of that.

I’m on the waitlist. If I can get it I probably will. Not perfect but I can live with it. I have a very select few Marvel characters I want and the “Raimi” Spidey figures would be in that list (even if they are the NWH versions).

I’ve waffled back and forth on getting this but it’s hard to believe the same company that‘s just shown something as perfect as Hera actually recently sent an unrecognizable sculpt like this out.

Every time I think I’m ready to buy I see close ups and that takes care of that.
agreed...trying to avoid paying top dollar for figures that are only a half hearted attempt by hot toys. with what other companies are showing, im starting to think that hot toys should really be consistently nailing these sculpts. also, the issues with plugging he arms fully into the ports on the back. IMO this figure is really an example of a half hearted attempt knowing that they are the only game in town...

Yeah, even though I think the likeness on this figure is a miss, overall I think it is a great looking figure and the tentacles add a unique presence without question.

So after thinking about it for about two weeks I decided to order the standard version about an hour ago. Being able to pick this up for just $296 (shipping included) sort of made it an easy choice.

strange expression on this one. he looks quite affable! I guess this is "cured" Octavius, having a pleasant afternoon!

Would anyone be able to tell me the shipping box size of the standard edition?

It is written as the same dimensions as deluxe edition but I do not think that is the case.

I think this looks exactly like the actor, but the expression is weird. I like hot toys doing more than neutral, Dead eye expressions, but this one just it doesn’t fit this character. But I’m still supper happy to have it.
Now the toys era one, that is just dog 💩 in every possible way. I’d rather burn my money than have that thing in my display.
View attachment 669336View attachment 669337View attachment 669338View attachment 669339View attachment 669340View attachment 669341View attachment 669342View attachment 669343View attachment 669344View attachment 669345View attachment 669346View attachment 669347
Alfred Molina What GIF by Spider-Man

I’m getting it but only cause we may never see a hot toys Spider-Man 2 doc ock. But I’ve been wrong 1000 times before I’m just not taking my chances

I mean you never know, there could be a Spider-Man 2 Ock. The re-release of the Symbiote suit from Spider-Man 3 was surprising. I kind of feel like Ock might be a one and done character though.

I’m glad I ultimately got the deluxe version of Ock as I decided to get the Integrated suit Spidey. If for some reason I can’t get the Maguire version I can use the nano tentacles to pose up with Holland’s Spider-Man.

I mean you never know, there could be a Spider-Man 2 Ock. The re-release of the Symbiote suit from Spider-Man 3 was surprising. I kind of feel like Ock might be a one and done character though.

I’m glad I ultimately got the deluxe version of Ock as I decided to get the Integrated suit Spidey. If for some reason I can’t get the Maguire version I can use the nano tentacles to pose up with Holland’s Spider-Man.
Idk. As I said in the other thread just now I think the Disney / Sony stuff hurts any raimi Spider-Man figures being released. I’m not sure but I think since Disney has merch rights and these are like older Sony films it’s a hassle to get them out. No way home is easier cause that’s a joint project and both parties get paid. With this tho I’m thinking only Disney would get paid from sales and they are profiting off a movie not made by them so it takes time to clear things out.
I’m not sure tho. I’m just guessing. Cause they Disney exclusive figures for asm movies and Sony didn’t have a problem but then again Sony made money from the film.
With hot toys releasing a raimi doc ock I think only Disney would profit and Sony wouldn’t like that since the film was made under them.
Honestly again idk this is just me wondering cause raimi Spider-Man doesn’t have many figures of it unlike mcu or game spidey. But that maybe cause he’s more recent

Back