1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it's totally weird ? Why would they even limit their potential sales, plus have such a huge wait until Doc arrives ??

I'm calling a DeLorean + Marty 2 pack with timing similar to Doc.

No way they package Marty with the DeLorean. If they sell the car it will be individual. It would be a packaging nightmare. I'm starting to think it's just going to be the figures though. Annoying because I was really hoping we might finally get the lost flying DeLorean.

They're up at TBA and TW. Marty is Q3-Q4 '21, Doc is Q1-Q2 '23.

They're up at TBA and TW. Marty is Q3-Q4 '21, Doc is Q1-Q2 '23.

I get that both of those stores jack up prices for batches and whatnot, but the pricing is still really weird. $300 for Deluxe Doc but $380 for Marty?!?!?

You'd think that Einstein and the Plutonium case would be of similar cost, maybe the case being even more because it has more parts.

The sculpt being the same on Doc really doesn’t surprise me much. After the images were shown and Marty had a new sculpt, but Doc didn’t I figured that was what we were going to get.

I don’t love the sculpt, but I think it works better with this version of the figure versus the 2015 version.

These look great. I would have preferred Doc come with Einstein but I guess they need to resell more Marty figures.

oh man, what's up with the Einstein sculpt? seems HT can't get their animals right. Goose was ugly and the Ripley cat as well...They should team up with Mr.Z Toys...
just saying...

HTB16iAzaG67gK0jSZFHq6y9jVXa8.jpg
3-Colors-Mr-Z-1-6-Scale-Golden-Retriever-Animal-Dog-Model-Toy-for-12-inches.jpg_640x640.jpg
Wong-Work-1-6-Scale-Mr-Z-Animal-Toys-Siberian-Husky-Dogs-Resin-Figure-6-Color.jpg
Mr-Z-1-6-Scale-Neapolitan-Mastiff-Dog-Animal-Statue-Model-Toy-4-Colors-for-12.jpg
Hc4fe5606a215461cb2d8593e8a25a3fdG.jpg
For-Collection-1-6-Scale-Scene-Accessorie-Mr-Z-1-6-MRZ030-BP001-BP002-No-30.jpg
10325373n11.jpg

I get that both of those stores jack up prices for batches and whatnot, but the pricing is still really weird. $300 for Deluxe Doc but $380 for Marty?!?!?

You'd think that Einstein and the Plutonium case would be of similar cost, maybe the case being even more because it has more parts.
I can only guess its because it comes out this month and is limited to 600 pieces (at least the first batch) so they can capitalise on the hype and the FOMO by jacking the price up to us non HK residents. Its working though as I am still considering it. Though not from TW as they have already put the price up by $70/80 since this morning...

100% getting Doc Brown. I have BTTF 1 and 2 Marty already. I'd rather have the guitar that came with the Sideshow exclusive version than Einstein.

Seems Marty is an exclusive release for Toy Sapiens in Japan. So the Chinese sellers are putting 1st Batch pricing on Marty. Hence the high price.

I still can't work out why Hot Toys would do that, but I guess it's somewhat comparable to The Armourer or any Con exclusive.

I also checked on eBay for older BTTF figures. There were a LOT selling from Japan. Seems BTTF is really cult there, maybe more than in the west ??

But buying from Japan can be killer with export and import fees. I did that once for a Bandai model. Never again !

oh man, what's up with the Einstein sculpt? seems HT can't get their animals right. Goose was ugly and the Ripley cat as well...They should team up with Mr.Z Toys...
just saying...

View attachment 537564View attachment 537565View attachment 537566View attachment 537567View attachment 537568View attachment 537569View attachment 537570
Yeah those dogs look excellent. Einstein would be OK if Hot Toys didn't try to be so cute and add articulation to the head.

Looks like a bloody frilled neck lizard ! (that's for you Aussies out there !! ).

Back