1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll get both as long as they reissue the Delorean to.

The Batpod went up the same day as the DX19 and the Tumbler same time as the Begins reissue. Following that trend its a little worrying the Delorean wasn't announced today but hopefully its coming soon.

Fancy having that Doc Brown sculpt staring back at you every time you look over at the shelf.

I kinda wonder if HT is waiting to see how many of the figures get preordered this time before deciding on the DeLorean. The way they have rolled these figures out certainly isn't the best way to get the most sales.

I kinda wonder if HT is waiting to see how many of the figures get preordered this time before deciding on the DeLorean. The way they have rolled these figures out certainly isn't the best way to get the most sales.
Yep definitely possible, or not shooting all their load at once.

Perhaps keeping it for closer to the Japan shop event ?

That face sculpt makes him look like a sex doll from the 70’s that was used and broken! Why not make a closed mouth version?

Part 1` Doc looks good, with the radiation suit. I love that it comes with the remote control. I'm disappointed they didn't bother making a different head sculpt. I bet they'll do the same thing and make a 50s Doc; same head/figure just different clothes and maybe a fire extinguisher.

So with Marty being ready to ship Mid September for the limited 600 batch, I wonder if this will be mass done along side docs 2023 date.

Just paid for my Marty so will have it in hand by end of September. I reckon Docs sculpt will be tweaked given its slated for 2023.

Wait, Marty is releasing this month? And Doc two years later even though its the same sculpt and body?

Where did you guys get the 2023 release date for Doc? I mean I'm not remotely surprised by that but has it been announced?

As said above, if they truly are going with the BTTF Part 2 sculpt then why the hold up?

Wait, Marty is releasing this month? And Doc two years later even though its the same sculpt and body?
Yes Marty is releasing as a Hong Kong exclusive this month limited to 600 estimated mid September for special event at Toy sapiens.

I don't think you are going to see Marty mass done after read hot toys description.

"Inspired by Back to the Future, Hot Toys is excited to further expanding the time-traveling collection by introducing the 1/6th scale Marty McFly and Einstein collectible set available in selected markets only."

Where did you guys get the 2023 release date for Doc? I mean I'm not remotely surprised by that but has it been announced?

As said above, if they truly are going with the BTTF Part 2 sculpt then why the hold up?

Answered my own question

Screenshot 2021-09-07 at 14-39-46 Hot Toys Back to the Future - Doc Brown (Deluxe Version) 1 6...png

Has Hot Toys ever done a truly limited release before? Seems like everything they’ve done so far is easily bought from just about every store out there that carries 1/6.

Has Hot Toys ever done a truly limited release before? Seems like everything they’ve done so far is easily bought from just about every store out there that carries 1/6.
Easily bought but marked up an extra $100 since they can't just walk down to Secret Base and pick one up on any given day of the week.

I’m mostly just irritated by the fact that there are two releases of this figure. The plutonium case is cool, but it doesn’t warrant a deluxe edition. It’s not like it’s some massive accessory or a bunch of accessories, and they’re probably going to charge at least another $30 just for that one item. It’s stupid.

Yeah it's totally weird ? Why would they even limit their potential sales, plus have such a huge wait until Doc arrives ??

I'm calling a DeLorean + Marty 2 pack with timing similar to Doc.

I was going to pick up the last runs of these after getting some of my grails lately. Now the Doc and Marty reissues have been announced I'll pick those up instead. Hoping for a DeLorean reissue as well, but who knows on that...

I'm tempted to get both, as I passed on the original releases. My only (and biggest) concern is that I'll be forced to pick up the DeLorean if/when it gets announced. I have absolutely no display space for that vehicle, though...

Back