1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that there's another option, but I can't help thinking that I'm going to wake up one night and I'll look over and see him staring into my soul. Not sure how comfortable I am with that...
40$ is too good to pass. I have sold my soul for less in the past.

It's not great- but it's certainly better than what Hot Toys gave us. It's clear that, even with additional paint apps and fixes, HT's is just unsalvagable trash.
This one is cartoonish but at least it's enjoyable to look at whereas all I see with the official head is Hot Toy's laziness and contempt for their buyers.

I agree, better than HT and it makes a good replacement for the price. I’ll get one but will still be on the lookout for anything fully painted that might come along again.

Ordered. I may try it on my 2015 Doc, so he looks different to the 85 version. If the eyes are too off-putting , i can put his sunglasses over them.

db2.jpg

Last edited:
For $40 that sculpt is okay. The bug eyes are kind of weird. I know at times Doc does look that way but it comes across weird in figure form.

What is there to say about this figure? Do you chastise Hot Toys for totally half assing this figure or be appreciative that they actually made it? Years and years and years of not only Hot Toys but third party companies and customizers not doing it - just pure apathy.

After years I managed to cobble together the only one ever offered from Dan Chung and the hot toys had some better accessories. so I used the release as a way to upgrade parts

Thankful fior Dean's nice head. Thankful that Dean was the only person who seemed to care about this incredibly important character.

Here it is after I painted and haired my sculpt from Dean

Another amazing work of art Ray, wow! I’m doing the same as you (since I’ve had the DChung version for a while that I switched to a BTTF II body and head when those were released a few years back and have now ordered HT BTTF Doc parts to mix and match with DChung). Still need to get Dean’s sculpt and find someone to paint it. Mine will never look nearly as good as yours, but glad we can use DChung, HT and Dean to make a worthy custom 1985 Doc!

That Marty head looks pretty impressive from what I can tell from that photo too!

Back