1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep seeing this "holes in the hair for glasses" complaint. They solicited this for sale with the same head from BTTF2 Doc Brown that has holes for glasses. Is it naive or just wishful thinking that Hot Toys would pay to have a brand new metal mold created just to "fill in the holes" on an old sculpt? It was clear what was being sold in previews and now the consumer is shocked that the final product is the same? Reusing that head saved Hot Toys a lot of money.

Glad I put together a custom a few years ago with DChung hazmat suit that has a much better fit and texture. I used an HT BTTFII sculpt, so essentially the same as this one. I may try to grab a few parts from this to enhance my custom, but no need to outright replace the custom now.

Glad I put together a custom a few years ago with DChung hazmat suit that has a much better fit and texture. I used an HT BTTFII sculpt, so essentially the same as this one. I may try to grab a few parts from this to enhance my custom, but no need to outright replace the custom now.

Same. The Hot Toys accessories are nice and I'll pick up some when parted out but the hazmat suit and the rest are disappointing so I'm going to cancel.

I know it's been mentioned, but man that face is glaring. It resembles Lloyd, but more from his Taxi days. Definitely not BTTF 85. There are some nice aspects here. I'm keeping him, since I don't have a Doc.

Ouch, tiny black pleather belt on a white suit. Probably gonna stain the suit then disintegrate into dust.

And about the holes for the sunglasses... Surely they could've kept the same mold and fill the holes with something before painting.

And about the holes for the sunglasses... Surely they could've kept the same mold and fill the holes with something before painting.
Exactly.

I wish HT would respond to backlash and offer an alternative sculpt at a reduced or cost price.

Since when do Hot Toys put their name on the back of the neck?? is that new? I've NEVER seen that until this video.

The so-called "newly painted" sculpt was clearly a lie, going from the new video above. What a mess. Yet I'm still likely to keep my pre-order since it'll be ages for the UK to get them anyway and I've time to change my mind. What a mess for BTTF fans.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-12-07 at 17.33.39.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-07 at 17.33.39.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 0
I agree this sculpt isn't great. But isn't this exactly what was solicited during the pre-order window? It always appeared to use the same sculpt from MMS380. So why are people surprised now? I don't get it. It's not like HT promised anything else. Where is this idea that the sculpt was going to be "improved" coming from?

I agree this sculpt isn't great. But isn't this exactly what was solicited during the pre-order window? It always appeared to use the same sculpt from MMS380. So why are people surprised now? I don't get it. It's not like HT promised anything else. Where is this idea that the sculpt was going to be "improved" coming from?
Fair point. I get the criticisms the figure is receiving but you’re right it is as advertised. I’m sure some people were hoping for updates and while that would have been nice that shouldn’t have been the expectation.

I keep seeing this "holes in the hair for glasses" complaint. They solicited this for sale with the same head from BTTF2 Doc Brown that has holes for glasses. Is it naive or just wishful thinking that Hot Toys would pay to have a brand new metal mold created just to "fill in the holes" on an old sculpt? It was clear what was being sold in previews and now the consumer is shocked that the final product is the same? Reusing that head saved Hot Toys a lot of money.
This. Basically.

Is it disappointing? Yes. But I knew what I was getting and I expected exactly what was released. I'll be keeping my order.

Back