1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4??D20 - Iron Man 2 - Mark IV Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The figure looks great. The portrait is definitely off. For what these cost, they really should've updated the sculpt.

Maybe the production sculpt will look different? I think the one included with the DC Mark VI looks better than the previous one.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

This is the same sculpt that came with the arc reactor creation figure right?
lylesmoviefiles.jpg

I already know I plan on displaying him with the sunglasses on, so that will work enough for me. The regular version of this figure looked pretty good with the glasses on so this is only an improvement in my eyes.

It looks great if Brad Pitt was cast as Tony Stark. :lol

Omg haha I thought this was the MK6 thread oops. I thought you were saying those things about THAT helmeted MK6 sculpt.

Yes I agree with you. The Tony arc reactor head isn't great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg haha I thought this was the MK6 thread oops. I thought you were saying those things about THAT helmeted MK6 sculpt.

Yes I agree with you. The Tony arc reactor head isn't great.

Haha, well in that case you see where I'm coming from then, right? Like I see a lil RDJ in there...but it's off. Now that we are so used to the super accurate head sculpt, this one is just not acceptable anymore.

Haha, well in that case you see where I'm coming from then, right? Like I see a lil RDJ in there...but it's off. Now that we are so used to the super accurate head sculpt, this one is just not acceptable anymore.

Yes. It is very cheap of them. Essentially the 5 is reused from the new MK6, the tony reactor head and the gantry that already was released years ago.

They should have made a new sculpt.
Does he 5 have a new sculpt ?

Yes. It is very cheap of them. Essentially the 5 is reused from the new MK6, the tony reactor head and the gantry that already was released years ago.

They should have made a new sculpt.
Does he 5 have a new sculpt ?

Pretty sure I read the 5 is a newly painted sculpt, rather than completely new.

What is interesting is that the sculpt for the 5 hasn't been revealed, but the 4's sculpt has been.

Is it a licensing thing?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I'm jumping on this because I always regretted passing on the original. Five years later, the price is actually working on our favor, but they should've still included the backdrop and Dum-E. I've bought a couple Dum-E's on eBay, so more disappointed about the backdrop.

I'm hoping the floor will flip to either the Expo or Workshop look like the original. Wondering if they chintzed out on that too since it's not specified

No double sided floor anymore, and its not them chincing out, they do little things to keep the first versions relevant and in demand

Yea, they do do that. It's fair but sometimes sucks lol. I'm torn between trying to get the original at a deflated price, or just going for the new one

I like the look of this. Depending on final figure pics I will upgrade.

Even though promoting cheap pot metal as awesome is suckerbait.

Ditto, mostly. Look I don’t hate it. Just don’t think it adds value. Which is what it’s marketed as. I’d be perfectly fine with a diecast that was cheaper or plastic that was cheaper, as they can be built identical with the same articulated features and lights and paint. One just happens to be heavier. Lol

Ditto, mostly. Look I don’t hate it. Just don’t think it adds value. Which is what it’s marketed as. I’d be perfectly fine with a diecast that was cheaper or plastic that was cheaper, as they can be built identical with the same articulated features and lights and paint. One just happens to be heavier. Lol

Totally agree, I remember hating Diecast like walker does, but they have been some of my favorite offerings from hot toys, so I cant complain anymore

:goodpost: Exactly. People/collectors get too hung up with how something feels in the hand, rather than how it looks. And like you said, I guarantee HT could make the same exact figure without the metal in it.

We are paying a good $60+ premium for like $5 worth of cheap crap pot metal. Yay for us... :yess:

The only exception would be Hulkbuster due to it's size and weight to reinforce the joints/hinges.. That's about it. But we want our Iron Man to be Iron.

Back