1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that will be his armor in Avengers 3 the 1st part of Infinity War... Along with likely a few more. I'm sure Thanos will tear through his armor and he'll be sporting more than 1 suit in each film... :lol. Now that's gonna be the completeists nightmare. Trying to collect all the figures from Infinity War pt 1 & 2.... :slap

I can see him getting up to MK50. Nice round number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that happened to the neck on mine, I'd definitely contact sideshow about it. If I had to exchange the entire figure I probably wouldn't do it. But if they were able to simply send an extra neck, I don't see the harm.

I've had to exchange my first ever iron man figure (the mark 7). One of the arm lights didn't work. I bought it from my local comic book shop. I emailed them and asked if I could just replace the arm and they said that they had to exchange the entire figure.

The next QC problem I had was with my diecast war machine mk 1. Both of the inner sides of the back thrusters were 'L's, so the right side one wouldn't pull out all the way. So, I contacted sideshow and they sent me the right part and it was super easy.

I have one tiny problem with my war machine mk 3. The left hand sonic blaster thing wasn't glued on completely correctly. But it's not very noticeable and doesn't bother me very much.

I've had to glue on pieces here and there with some of my figures, small pieces like a forearm part on the patriot for example. I wouldn't feel all that comfortable with gluing together a piece that is part of a joint, especially the neck. To me this isn't just a minor armor piece that can be glued back and that's that. At the very least, I would like to hear from them directly what type of adhesive to use.

Anyways..
I hope one of his infinity armors has some space flight elements like starboost does. I'd also like to see one that is decked out in weaponry like this war machine mk 3, or the avengers mk 6. Something with a bunch of accessories and pop out compartments. I guess we'll see. Whatever his final armor is, and if there is one, it'll be the one and only 1/4 scale figure I purchase. I really can't wait to see what these armors will look like.

View attachment 340817
View attachment 340818
View attachment 340819
Finally completed all my Civil War figures with these last two additions...time to wait for a proper Spider-Man...

Beautiful! I'm so jealous. I hope sideshow starts shipping the 46 in early June. But man, I REALLY wish the gold they used was the same as the one on the prototype. The decision to use the more 45-esque gold makes me scratch my head. (I do wish the movie had used this gold though, because it really is gorgeous)

The 47 is dumb. It will most likely have absolutely no explanation in the movie. It will just be there as his flavor of the month armor. Even though it's literally just a repaint. I guess Tony got lazy after Civil War.

Marvel/Disney will say it's a throwback to the Ultimate look or something, but that's just them trying to create demand when there is none. It's simply for $$$$. Marketing a new figure that die hard Iron Man fans and completist's will buy. HT is in their glory, and shouted with joy. No new tooling or designing, just a simple repaint that they will even charge more money for as an exclusive or something... Win win for them... But in the long run if it helps them make more other figures that might get over looked I'm OK with it.

When comparing the reveal of the power pose 47 to the power pose 46, they're quite different. But I don't know how it'll actually look in the movie or how the diecast version will look. If it ends up looking like the initial power pose 47, I actually would prefer it to the 46. The initial power pose images of it are awesome. I REALLY hope a diecast version and the movie version look like that.

But hey, I'm an armor lemming, so I'm excited for the 47 either way, repaint or not. I think the color scheme is really interesting.

:goodpost:

Tim always comes through with good advice. Sorry to all if I've been salty on here today, spent the weekend sandbagging the flood here in Ottawa and my patience meter ran very thin.

Happy collecting to all! :hi5:

Yeah I am pretty interested in seeing what the Infinity Armours will be like. I think it will be a huge step up given the powerful, epic nature of the Infinity Wars.

Yeah I am pretty interested in seeing what the Infinity Armours will be like. I think it will be a huge step up given the powerful, epic nature of the Infinity Wars.

Looking forward to it as well

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

When comparing the reveal of the power pose 47 to the power pose 46, they're quite different. But I don't know how it'll actually look in the movie or how the diecast version will look. If it ends up looking like the initial power pose 47, I actually would prefer it to the 46. The initial power pose images of it are awesome. I REALLY hope a diecast version and the movie version look like that.

But hey, I'm an armor lemming, so I'm excited for the 47 either way, repaint or not. I think the color scheme is really interesting.

Quite different is a bit of a stretch. The MK45 & MK46 are quite different. The MK46 & MK47 are extremely minor at best and only noticed when literraly comparing every inch of the armor. The Mk46 power pose was made wrong. It wasn't as screen accurate for some reason, maybe due to early art. If you compare the PP to the DC there are minor differences such as the chest plate. The PP MK47 looks nearly identical to the DC MK46 in which HT made slight changes..

I too look forward to seeing it on screen. Maybe I'll like it after I see it in action. The only main armor I've never liked is the MK42. The sandy gold was terrible, and too much gold. The MK43 was more my taste with the proper red, but still my least favorite armor. Again though they were identical. But it's a little more acceptable as the MK42 was a prototype and never even functioned properly in the IM3 (the whole "is it the man or the armor" issue in Tony's head)...

MK7 is still the win for me...

dee05bc606919d3b36ce3545425596f2.jpg
19b332d08bf05aae0e945d85871adb08.jpg

7582669d15558f94d7f25d09b8275827.jpg
258a56ef9d70f7019c0072321c62b94f.jpg
b01ecc0137c2e2f0b7b5b84e7e3b5b58.jpg

Beautiful figure. I think it is a tie for me with the MK1. And I really love that WM.

Biggest complaint....the base. Why why why for the second heaviest diecast figure yet to be on such a bad weight bearing stand. Argh.

It wasn't as screen accurate for some reason, maybe due to early art. If you compare the PP to the DC there are minor differences such as the chest plate. The PP MK47 looks nearly identical to the DC MK46 in which HT made slight changes..

The PP 46 was eventually updated to look like the DC 46 and both 47 variations (excluding paint scheme of course)

Avengers.....
f5b29be3a2b6de6a4861c53a922fe220.jpg

Beautiful set! The WM looks best with that headsculpt revealed imho. It is a beast of a figure! Again I just wish the base was better, not really environmentally but structurally. I wish it had a diecast figure pole, maybe the stand be heavy just to make sure your amazing WM, 2nd heaviest of all D/C figures,
doesnt topple over. I may have just accidentally bid and won on the MK45 base with Ultron Sentry. So I'd use that as the new base for this guy.

Got my War Machine in today. Pretty cool figure, I'm really digging the color of the head and chest lights. I may be in the minority though but my initial reaction is that I still prefer the Mark 1 figure. Though I do feel like I can move this one around a little more confidently without fear of breaking it or rubbing paint off, for some reason. I was a little annoyed to see that a number of the silver sections have some small raised, non-intentional paint scratches. I did find a microscopic piece of sharp plastic that had been floating around inside there so I dunno if it was that or not. Nothing to raise a stink about but slightly annoying for the price of the thing. I'm just chalking it up to more battle damage effects.

I agree that it did not WOW me like the Mark 1 did. However, as I explored the figure I really appreciated what it brings to the table. But if I had to have just one...just one WM...it is the Mark 1 no questions asked.

Got my War Machine in today. Pretty cool figure, I'm really digging the color of the head and chest lights. I may be in the minority though but my initial reaction is that I still prefer the Mark 1 figure. Though I do feel like I can move this one around a little more confidently without fear of breaking it or rubbing paint off, for some reason. I was a little annoyed to see that a number of the silver sections have some small raised, non-intentional paint scratches. I did find a microscopic piece of sharp plastic that had been floating around inside there so I dunno if it was that or not. Nothing to raise a stink about but slightly annoying for the price of the thing. I'm just chalking it up to more battle damage effects.

I'd have to rate the Mk. III higher than the OG Mk. I but only barely because of the size, articulation and materials. But that diecast Mk. I was an unreal remake that, In my opinion, kinda rules the WM suits.

I'd have to rate the Mk. III higher than the OG Mk. I but only barely because of the size, articulation and materials. But that diecast Mk. I was an unreal remake that, In my opinion, kinda rules the WM suits.

I think it is hard to argue on one person liking one over the other. They are both great in their own right. I think the MK 1 is a better "package", in that it has more b/d parts and a way better and suitable base. But the 3 is very impressive, has a higher complexity but still has that tank look to it. I prefer the helmet on the 1 and the 3 actually can properly display the head sculpt. I don't know. I don't think you can make an argument against either (except the bases).

433c4877924f9a419e3bf25357962fd2.jpg

I don't think mk 1 will ever be beat, but mk 3 came close.
Mk 2 on the other hand *shudders*

For me, the head sculpt on the Mark 3 will stay in the box cause the helmet has an annoying scratch right on the front of the chin. Also his head looks smaller inside the helmet compared to the Mark 1 for me.

Back