1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - D00 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Yeah HT would not get the name wrong. More likely the blogger got it wrong

Sadly, this may be the beginning of the end for my collecting IM and War Machine figs. I love the damn things but it's getting to a point.

I read an article on Yahoo! that (for at least this movie) War Machine is being renamed, again. He will be called War Hammer.
Ryan

Seriously? Anyone know why is call War Hammer? Because of the baton? Interesting.

Awesome...I always have more love for War Machine!

i dont even do POs anymore with these kind of prices. I wait for ebay or used now. $345 is a joke.

How could it be a joke? Try buying a static non-posable high quality model and get it painted for you for anything near $345. Hot Toys is a quality product and that price is worth every penny.

AoU War Machine was $340 so the price doesn't surprise me. If I were getting this I'd wait for a sale.

Definitely waiting it out for a price drop. Not too many Marvel figs sell out anymore so picking one up sub $300 down the road shouldn't be too hard.

That price is really ridiculous. Guarantees that this figure is going to warm Sideshow's warehouse shelves until it goes for sale.

I've dwindled my HT collection down to lots of the "main characters". Used to have most of the Avengers but have since cut down to the "Big Three". Used to have other Iron Man armors but now have just resorted to collecting his "main" red & gold ones. It's honestly not worth it anymore even as the world around us has gotten more expensive.

I remember when Hot Toys figures were still around $100-$150 a pop when they first started. The quality has grown leaps and bounds no doubt, but there is a 'point' and I think Hot Toys is slowly going to price themselves out of the market if they continue this trend. Hot Toys figures used to sell out frequently on Sideshow's website, now you see them on-sale at price drops and discounts I've never seen before.

Last edited:

These prices are beyond stupid...
And only go up with each release interest fizzles out faster than any intial excitement as soon as you get they post pricing. Smh

I bought the first war machine for $161.

I don't blame them raising prices but the inflation is outpacing desire and/or ability to purchase, especially since almost nothing sells out any more. I remember the days when pre orders would sell out. That hasn't happened in awhile. Now I per order and then it shows up on eBay for $40 less. Now a $345 war machine???

I feel for people just getting into collecting. But I'm glad my collecting is winding down because I couldn't do it if I just started.

It does not help this one that they just put up the IM2 War machine for PO. I can't see sales for either one of these being very high

I am having a hard time deciding between this and the Mark 1.

It does not help this one that they just put up the IM2 War machine for PO. I can't see sales for either one of these being very high

The "exclusive" that's been out for about a year and is now offered with a 20% discount and free shipping. I paid full price for this when it was announced. Perfect example of why I don't PO any more.

Not buying this. The mark 43 had similar costs but had half of an ultron and had better accessories. Now they charging that price for something that has less stuff. Such an easy pass. They making it easier to collect for some of us as these prices merely eliminate any contemplation. lol

Back