1/6 Hot Toys - MMS299 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Legion Drone Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Legion Drone Collectible Figure

It is the twins. Just not those twins.

The others are coming.

tumblr_nobdfirZlB1u9hpu4o2_500.gif

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Legion Drone Collectible Figure

these are figures that, like the Chitauri, people would like to have 2 or 3 of them. But since they are full figures with full prices, they won't sell that well. This is a cool figure but I don't see many people paying $250 each to buy 2 or 3 of them. Figures like these would have been perfect PPS figures, with limited articulation, at a lower price point.

I said the same thing about the Ultron drones.

Agreed, though I'll take the Chitauri over these Legion drones any day.

The cost for one of these should be $99.99 & make 2-packs an incentive by charging $149.99. If those were the prices SSC would move them fast.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Legion Drone Collectible Figure

Meh...

The cost for one of these should be $99.99 & make 2-packs an incentive by charging $149.99. If those were the prices SSC would move them fast.

Totally agree, but if they're full articulated then people would say "if they can sell these for $99, why not Iron Man for $99?" But yeah, we're on the same page.

I'm not sure they'd even fly off the shelves at that price! :lol

I mean, some people would pick them up...but people who want every character from AoU are already spending $2500 or so for just the characters who had their bases revealed early on.

Hot-Toys-Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Figures-Lineup-Display-Base-Stands.jpg

I mean, maybe if you've got that much money anyway it's not a big deal, but something tells me that these guys will be the ones who easily fall by the wayside. They're just prototypes right now, which are probably being rushed to keep in some sort of proximity with the film; however, they're also not that...inspiring? If you only collect armors, that's different! But if you're picking and choosing, something tells me that these guys come up last on the "to buy" list every time.

Everyone wants to be the first to post something, LOL

What I meant was, these are figures that, like the Chitauri, people would like to have 2 or 3 of them. But since they are full figures with full prices, they won't sell that well. This is a cool figure but I don't see many people paying $250 each to buy 2 or 3 of them. Figures like these would have been perfect PPS figures, with limited articulation, at a lower price point.

I said the same thing about the Ultron drones.

Ok thanks for the reply. Though I would have prefered your idea, hot toys has found that power pose figures just don't sell either. Especially in their home market. Articulation is a huge deal in some markets. So I think there hand was forced.

But, I have not seen the price info yet. That may be a pleasant surprise...

If these stick around for awhile and end up with a really good discount i might pick one up to stick in the corner of Tonys workshop.

There should be no one expecting any 1/6 fully articulated hot toys figures in 2015 to be 99 dollars. I pay that for 12 inch "giant" motu (he-man) figures (75 bucks plus tax and shipping is about 100) I pay 45 for 6 inch motu figures at are nearly all shared mold parts where most of the tooling is paid for 5 years ago. And that's a proprietary product. No licensing fees. Stop with the "this should be 99 dollars".

You said "motu" and my mind went straight to the Godzilla movie.

There's very little reason the Drones are priced any more than the original Mk 3 figure was ( $189.99). They are that basic.

Two words. Angelica. Jor-El.

Pretty much! They only got made because it's The Avengers film, and at this point I'd be shocked if Hawkeye's wife didn't get a figure! :lol

That said, so bizarre that they still haven't made Hill.

If these stick around for awhile and end up with a really good discount i might pick one up to stick in the corner of Tonys workshop.

I'd say come the holiday discount season next year, or the year after, you'll be seeing these guys with discounts like Mandarin, and just about every other figure that goes on sale time and time again.

Their only saving grace, and probably a second reason they were made aside from being in the Avengers is that they're armors! People are addicted to armors, so these guys may appeal to those who bought every armor that appeared in Iron Man 3.

There should be no one expecting any 1/6 fully articulated hot toys figures in 2015 to be 99 dollars. I pay that for 12 inch "giant" motu (he-man) figures (75 bucks plus tax and shipping is about 100) I pay 45 for 6 inch motu figures at are nearly all shared mold parts where most of the tooling is paid for 5 years ago. And that's a proprietary product. No licensing fees. Stop with the "this should be 99 dollars".

Yeah, if they sell them together I'd say they'll land between $250-$300.

These Iron Legion drones should retail for $99.99 in 2015.

These Iron Legion drones should retail for $99.99 in 2015.

Great argument. 15 years after the company started they should charge less for a figure then they did at the start.

Great argument. 15 years after the company started they should charge less for a figure then they did at the start.

It will end up close to that price after the discount, then 40% off that price and with double or triple reward points :lol

It will end up close to that price after the discount, then 40% off that price and with double or triple reward points :lol

That may be. But if they started at 99 then all those discounts and it's 20 bucks. But those discounts have nothing to do with hot toys. Hot toys gets there price and then if a figure is discounted then that's a lose for the retailer not hot toys.

As for the rewards points...that's just like advertising dollars. It brings people in and keeps them buying. It's why everyone (business wise) offered these discount cards and rewards points now. Study's show its a net gain in profit even with the discount.

And I just checked the archives. mms001 kyle Reese, a figure that had crappy tailoring and a cheap plastic head that was more 60s gi joe then high end collectible was 139.99 Msrp. But sure, mms297 should be 30% cheaper then that.

This guy gets it.

I got an email from SSC that granted me 50% off a figure last week. Next year, I'll get that same email from SSC and these figures will be eligible for that discount.

If SSC were smart they'd save warehouse space and move these figures quickly at a reasonable price (for a character only a few die hard collectors will buy).

The Ultron Sentry figures have more to offer in that they were the cannon fodder for the Avengers in the third act. I'd still price those at $99.99 a piece.

That may be. But if they started at 99 then all those discounts and it's 20 bucks. But those discounts have nothing to do with hot toys. Hot toys gets there price and then if a figure is discounted then that's a lose for the retailer not hot toys.

As for the rewards points...that's just like advertising dollars. It brings people in and keeps them buying. It's why everyone (business wise) offered these discount cards and rewards points now. Study's show its a net gain in profit even with the discount.

And I just checked the archives. mms001 kyle Reese, a figure that had crappy tailoring and a cheap plastic head that was more 60s gi joe then high end collectible was 139.99 Msrp. But sure, mms297 should be 30% cheaper then that.

you-need-to-relax.gif

:lol

I'm pretty sure the original comment was likely made in jest in regards to how unpopular these figures will likely be. I don't think anyone really expects them to come in at under $200, but I think that's where some would see their value at as figures.

Back