1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I PO'd this figure.I sold all my other figures throughout the past yr and a half to make ends meet, but this AoU line and the star wars line will be mine.

Well, im buying it. Selling a few others and then im done with Iron man (Hulkbuster is still a maybe). This is the ultimate package for me, finally after all these years. Love the look and it has a clean TS helmeted head. That is all ive ever wanted

Well, im buying it. Selling a few others and then im done with Iron man (Hulkbuster is still a maybe). This is the ultimate package for me, finally after all these years. Love the look and it has a clean TS helmeted head. That is all ive ever wanted

Yeah I love the headsculpt, we very rarely get a full unhelmeted sculpt

just placed my order, $285, not bad. also looked through my order history... I paid $300 for Midas. What the hell was I thinking :lol

And my point is they get to reuse all that for multiple figures so it's not like each and every one is a one-time-use mould that would give reason for the high price. They reuse many of those parts on the variants and 2.0s

Even if a figure is 100% reused that doesn't mean design time is not involved. And very few of these figures are just complete repaints. And even if they are it would be normal that a die(mold) would need replaced or repaired. There's also assembly. (Look at how many pieces an IM figure has compared to say hawkeye, or thor, or batman)

Raw materials. License fees. Manpower. Shipping (can cost up to or over 100k to get one container shipped from China to usa, thru customs) Getting approvals. It takes a lot of time and money to make these. They have to meet individual market standards and be tested. Even adult collectibles.

Compare this to a line like motuc. 75-90% reuse of parts on most figures. Subscription only(more or less). Cost has gone from 20 each to 30each. Near zero articulation. Limited paint apps. Heck even the newer Giants (classic figures in 12 inch) cost nearly a hundred per figure for about as simple a figure as you can imagine, with almost complete reuse of tooling. For figure cost I've heard for each articulation joint it can add 10-20 dollars per figure. That was awhile back(ten years ago) so I'm sure the cost has dropped as better tech/manufacturing has emerged. But still, when a 12 inch motu figure cost nearly a hundred bucks you can see why hot toys cost what they do.

I pre-ordered at BBTS. Why do they still feel the need to have a NRD at Sideshow?

The figure looks great but knowing how diecast can degrade I will probably cancel before it ships. Most of my diecast car collection is worthless because of cheap Chinese zamac that has bubbled and in some cases cracked due to zinc pest.

I pre-ordered at BBTS. Why do they still feel the need to have a NRD at Sideshow?

The figure looks great but knowing how diecast can degrade I will probably cancel before it ships. Most of my diecast car collection is worthless because of cheap Chinese zamac that has bubbled and in some cases cracked due to zinc pest.

cause the mk 42 is still in stock :lol

NRD isnt a huge deal, the should let you pay it though within 2-3 weeks, gives people time to free up credit cards or something... I dunno

You ever cancel a preorder? Or see someone else that did? That's why. They want to make sure they don't later have to sell product at a large discount because they ordered way to many.

And the reason BBTS can operate with out the NRD is volume. They don't have close to the same volume, so the chances are they will sell everything long before it becomes old stock that needs sales to move. BBTS gets all its product thru sideshow.

Probably because we cancel whenever a new sexier figure comes along :lol What company made your cars? all my diecast cars from when i was a kid (a long time ago) are fine.

Probably because we cancel whenever a new sexier figure comes along :lol What company made your cars? all my diecast cars from when i was a kid (a long time ago) are fine.

theyre also hermetically sealed and have never felt the warm embrace of a human hand... :lol

The articulation on this body is great. Looking forward to that new BD paintjob.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418806472902.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418806472902.jpg
    612.2 KB · Views: 281
Back