1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for all you fellow collectors out there! I'm in need of a new display case/shelf. Right now my collection consists of six collectibles, which are sitting on a collapsible wooden shelf. My Mark 43 is coming tomorrow which will bring my collection to seven, and I anticipate three more collectibles by the end of the summer. That number is certain to grow even further, seeing as how I'm addicted to this hobby. There's no way the shelf I have right now can hold all of these. That being said, does anyone have any recommendations for a display case or shelf that is suitable for a large number of these collectibles, preferably ~$350 or less?

Question for all you fellow collectors out there! I'm in need of a new display case/shelf. Right now my collection consists of six collectibles, which are sitting on a collapsible wooden shelf. My Mark 43 is coming tomorrow which will bring my collection to seven, and I anticipate three more collectibles by the end of the summer. That number is certain to grow even further, seeing as how I'm addicted to this hobby. There's no way the shelf I have right now can hold all of these. That being said, does anyone have any recommendations for a display case or shelf that is suitable for a large number of these collectibles, preferably ~$350 or less?

Many of us use detolfs and bestas from ikea. They are fairly cheap and work great!

Detolf from IKEA is one of the favorites. I have one and love it.

Got a chance to check this out briefly yesterday after work. Looks pretty cool but I am more impressed with the Ultron base. Still undecided if keeping it or not. Never parted out a figure before but I am enticed to sell everything but the base. Decisions...

Ouch... reality of the cost of these die-cast Iron Man figures finally kicked in... checked my credit card online, and the charge (in NZ currency) came to $492!!.. that's on top of the NRD late last year, :lol

Oh well, it's only money..

As a side note, it would cost $599 (inc free shipping) to get it from Mighty Ape in NZ, and I wouldn't get the EX, and will have to wait until estimated Sep/Oct, so I'm happy I went with SS...

Double ouch.... just had a phone call from Fedex and over $100 customs fee.. :horror ... This has wound up being a very expensive figure! (considering the only Sideshow 1:6 I've ever bought cost me not much more than $200 including conversion)

But, I don't regret getting the Exclusive for the EX for the Mk1 base, and I know I'd be waiting months.. (my Nate Drake PFF was pushed back months buying it locally)

Has made me consider, as there is no EX, if I do go for the Mk45, I might look at popcultcha...

Back