1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to see something happen in the film like with Earth's Mightiest Heroes where Ultron took over all of Tony's suits but Tony suited up in the Mark I and started kicking ass since it had no AI inside of it for Ultron to take over.

I liked that story line. It would be cool, but he'd need to seriously overhaul the suit to make it suitable for combat. Will he have time to do so in the movie? Who knows? Imagine if that actually happens and HT releases a Mark I 3.0?

Remember: Just the other day, when the 1st pic of this was released, it was stated that this was a "dummy" figure for display. A "repaint of the Mark 43."
The waist flaps could have been easily cut and glued to represent what HT are thinking in terms of articulation. I'm just saying we might see some subtle changes on the final.
The production pics of the 42 (that are still up on SSC) are different than what we have in hand. IMO the in hand pics of the Mark 42 are better than ANY of the production pics.

Yeah I seen that, a shining light in an otherwise dark room.... and hope that it will be fixed :pray:

The color on the upper triceps is also wrong...should have been gold instead of full-on red. Wonder how they got a straight re-color wrong lol...kinda like the issue with the color of the civie Steve rogers shield in the strike cap 2-pack set...where they didn't really bother with abiding by on-screen accuracy.

Yeah another inaccuracy, hopefully all these crappy things get fixed. How could it not though, its freaking obvious :gah:

I'm in it for all the armors. That being said, I wish it came with all the battle damaged parts from mark 42. It's disappointing to get new figures with less accessories.

Now that I'm looking at it more, I hate all the extra silver on this. XD

Yep, passing for sure. I think there needs to be a little less silver on the abs and more gold on the suit overall. Im sure we'll see something new for CW and IF.

I don't know how to do the spoiler tag thing..can someone tell me?

As for legally aloud to say....I am not working on that film. Unfortunately. But I've been on a few sets and have an in with a few people. So I've heard and seen some stuff. Stuff I know that has been told to journalist and bloggers so it's not something top secret, though it hasn't leaked that I've seen. It's not a huge plot point and it gets explained very quick. I would never spoil a big plot twist or say anything that could hurt the movie or anything. Bad business that. And with the suit actually being shown in sure this info come out soon anyway.

Also, no offense to this forum, but it's not mass market. And people here are not casual fans. Most of us are hardcore nerds/geeks (though that's kinda cool these days). So no harm. Plus, half the folks won't believe me anyway. So no damage. Lol

If you go to the advanced post options, there's a little "spoilers" button in the last row, and you just type in between the two sets of brackets. Or alternatively, you can just type [ spoiler ] and [/ spoiler ] (without the spaces) at the beginning and end, respectively, of your text.

So soon but will be bought already. Will look good as a reverse to my 42. Building my diecast collection pretty sweet. Wondering since they put these figures out so soon have they seen the movie already? I would imagine so.

Lets see if we can spot the inaccuracy :lol
View attachment 152111

first thing that jumps out is the shoulders :ohbfrank: and that screenshot is from the trailer. So Hot Toys must have said "oh well, I guess the 43 is basically the 42 with reversed colors", instead of actually researching the armor(like watching the trailer once) and realizing its not exactly the same

Its just an early prototype, they'll fix it

could not agree more! I feel the dominant red looks forced in this design. I would have loved to see a design similar to the extremis armor instead

:exactly: It looks a bit weird, but I still like it.

I'm not sure about this figure thought... I'll buy it. But I was expecting to get a figure of Tony to come with the destroyed Ultron :dunno

I'm actually more interested in getting something like this:

avengers-age-ultron.jpg

Last edited:
Its just an early prototype, they'll fix it
:exactly: It looks a bit weird, but I still like it.
I'm not sure about this figure thought... I'll buy it. But I was expecting to get a figure of Tony to come with the destroyed Ultron :dunno
I'm actually more interested in getting something like this:
avengers-age-ultron.jpg

I could go for Civvie Stark from that scene, but also Thor
tumblr_ne7xjduxXB1qaybgdo5_500.gif

Just simply awesome! I probably won't be placing my order until Friday but it's a must have!

I should be more happy to see first figure from AOU, but it's more than 5 months from the movie release and as far as lazy cash-ins go this is up there. I would've liked if they added a helmet-less Tony Stark HS to pose like in the Empire magazine cover, or other weaponry. We haven't even seen what this suit can do in the movie, why in such hurry Hot Toys? Hopefully this means Tony will get into another suit at the end of the movie which will get a proper attention because this is pretty lackluster effort for the main character of the biggest movie of next year

The more accessories this has, the more $$$$ it's going to be. It's diecast, has a wicked base, and is a new armor. If we also get battle damaged pieces, then the price will be way too high.

Well, at least we are finally getting another Iron Man figure, I was wondering what the hold up was.

Yes, that was sarcasm. But, hey, it makes them money so more power to them I guess.

Not sure this has been mentioned yet but has anyone noticed the red glowing eyes on the EX battle damaged helmet? Ultron taking over the Mark 43 perhaps?

Back